The great Doug Harvey passed away Dec 26 1989

member 83027

I assume most people can tell from my user name what team I have a history with. Wondering if any fans of Montreal can add any additional insight on Doug Harvey on the anniversary of his passing at the age of 65.

Analyzer*

One of the better dman in history.

For some reason I thought he was born in England and then moved to Canada at a young age...

thom

Mar 6, 2012
A great athlete one of the best amature baseball players ever from Quebec.Had a bitter falling out with the hall of fame about his induction.Had problems with drinking but like all of us had some small demons but overall a good hard working man

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I assume most people can tell from my user name what team I have a history with. Wondering if any fans of Montreal can add any additional insight on Doug Harvey on the anniversary of his passing at the age of 65.
Before my time...I can remember him playing for the Blues but I was only a kid at the time.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Harvey was an all-time great offensively and defensively. Price would have loved having him as a teammate. I remember a game in Madison Square Garden against the Rangers in which the Habs had only one other uninjured Dman. He was paired with a center, Ralph Backstrom, and he played for nearly 60 minutes. The Habs won the game. He had only one flaw: alcohol I was sad when he was traded.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
He was traded because he tried to help organize a player's union. The Habs always deal with people who they think are getting too big for their britches the same way. They pushed Maurice Richard into retirement, they traded Dickie Moore because they didn't like that he was making enough money in the off-season that he could afford to not accept their low-ball contract offers, they got Lafleur to retire early, they traded Chelios because of his off-ice adventures, got rid of Roy because his ego was too big for them, and of course there was Subban.

The tall blades of grass always get cut down to size, even the ones with Hall of Fame talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad