'The Great Dane' - Freddy Andersen Appreciation Thread

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That that thang y'all been wathing lately. Andersen shutting out everybody and everyone of y'all. He been getting that puck hard and keeping it real. Glued. He not vacuuming anything in. He just playing real and solid and looking at things. His eyes are gluued on the small black puck. Didn't see any Andersen appreciation threads so I had to create one. This one for y'all.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
That that thang y'all been wathing lately. Andersen shutting out everybody and everyone of y'all. He been getting that puck hard and keeping it real. Glued. He not vacuuming anything in. He just playing real and solid and looking at things. His eyes are gluued on the small black puck. Didn't see any Andersen appreciation threads so I had to create one. This one for y'all.
Why don't you speak english?

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I hope he can continue that streak as long as he can, but honestly all we want from him is to keep us in the game by not allowing any softies

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Octobersen has left the building.

Relax everyone, even Hughson with all his Leafs hate couldn't stop it.

Reactions: Smif

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Wait... Señor Martinez, is that you?

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

If you actually searched "Andersen" in the Search tool, this was one of the first threads that came up...
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/the-great-dane-freddy-andersen-appreciation-thread.2399095/

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Andersen's record as a Leaf in 84GP (84 starts): 45-22-14
Andersen's record in his career in 209GP (198 starts): 122-48-26

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I've always been a supporter of Freddie. Just don't understand some folks. The same folks that say Freddie sucks, say the Leafs have the worse defence in the league. Well he it can't be both can it?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Some might like him and some might not. Every goalie and player goes through periods during the year where they hit a skid.
What Andersen has done is bring us something that has been lacking for some time: stability. When you have a team of young guys learning, having that stability gives you the mindset of bring able to win every night. If they support their goalie as a team, that stability will be returned from Andy.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's bac luck to
Don't worry guys, it's going to be OK.
Some might like him and some might not. Every goalie and player goes through periods during the year where they hit a skid.
What Andersen has done is bring us something that has been lacking for some time: stability. When you have a team of young guys learning, having that stability gives you the mindset of bring able to win every night. If they support their goalie as a team, that stability will be returned from Andy.

Based on his play since arriving in town, I think it's fair to say that he's a legit #1 goalie. Not a top end one but legit nevertheless. Now consider that there are some teams that don't even have a legit #1, never mind a good one. Then further consider how long it's been since we've had a legit #1. So all things considered, I'm thrilled with what Freddie has brought. I've always liked his attitude and demeanour and think he still has upside too, he could be a top 10 starter in the league yet. Most importantly though, I could see us winning the cup with him in net and maybe even more than one. ;)

Reactions: bobermay

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
It's bac luck to
Don't worry guys, it's going to be OK.

Based on his play since arriving in town, I think it's fair to say that he's a legit #1 goalie. Not a top end one but legit nevertheless. Now consider that there are some teams that don't even have a legit #1, never mind a good one. Then further consider how long it's been since we've had a legit #1. So all things considered, I'm thrilled with what Freddie has brought. I've always liked his attitude and demeanour and think he still has upside too, he could be a top 10 starter in the league yet. Most importantly though, I could see us winning the cup with him in net and maybe even more than one. ;)

What makes a top end goaltender?

SV%, GAA or Wins?

If you're discussing Wins, Andersen either has horseshoes up his behind or he is elite at pulling off wins. :nod:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad