The Great Dale Weise Debate (& other ex-Hawks) volume 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Darling having a monster game and Teuvo with his first AND second against Edmonton tonight.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That is what the gamecast says. I have not watched the game tonight and only had looked at stats randomly. Is it wrong?

No, he isn't. I misread the box score and then decided to have some fun with it.

So Ward is having a monster game.

Good for him.

Also, it clearly worked, but is anybody kind of surprised they put their backup against McDavid when it's not a back-to-back?

EDIT: I miss Teuvo. He's so good.

Last edited:

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Scotty doesn't have great numbers to this point. So, not entirely shocked.
I have him and Corey as my two goalies on one of my fantasy teams. Pretty interesting

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Scotty doesn't have great numbers to this point. So, not entirely shocked.
I have him and Corey as my two goalies on one of my fantasy teams. Pretty interesting
I am confident Darling's numbers will normalize and I hope he does well, but so far this year I'm glad we got Dr. Craw.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Are you rooting against Darling? I don't get it.

This is what I was referring to previously in this thread.... how some folks relish in their perceived ex-players struggles. In this case SD is not struggling at all.... just another example of deceiving stats. I have made a point of watching Canes games this year. Darling has played well. Canes defensive play is loose to be polite.
And BTW, it was Ward in the nets last night.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Teuvo Danault and Panarin all hurt pretty bad, to think that all could have been with the Hawks if a couple stupid moves were not made really stings, imagine this team with those players right now, and guess what it would fit under the cap...

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Teuvo Danault and Panarin all hurt pretty bad, to think that all could have been with the Hawks if a couple stupid moves were not made really stings, imagine this team with those players right now, and guess what it would fit under the cap...
You've said this before and it sounds good on paper, but ......
I agree about Danault. Bad trade .... and I would have preferred that SB give TT another year to prove himself but the fact is TT was a disappointment here.
As for Panarin. If he was still here, Saad wouldn't . .. and AP will be getting a big raise after this season (which Hawks couldn't pay out) while Saad is locked in. Don't forget that.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I agree about Danault. Bad trade .... and I would have preferred that SB give TT another year to prove himself but the fact is TT was a disappointment here.
As for Panarin. If he was still here, Saad wouldn't . .. and AP will be getting a big raise after this season (which Hawks couldn't pay out) while Saad is locked in. Don't forget that.

I know exactly who you're talking to because it's the same ridiculous narrative over and over again... :laugh:

I don't understand why people still try with him. They've told him the same things over and over again, and he fails to comprehend it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How posters here don't actively use the "ignore poster" feature here is beyond me. Plus with the new site update you can't see 1) that they've posted and 2) that people are quoting their posts like you annoyingly could before.

I can't think of any other reason why you people that are bickering with them are doing it other than because you enjoy doing it.

You can literally make it so they don't exist on your HF experience. Just do it already

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
How posters here don't actively use the "ignore poster" feature here is beyond me. Plus with the new site update you can't see 1) that they've posted and 2) that people are quoting their posts like you annoyingly could before.

I can't think of any other reason why you people that are bickering with them are doing it other than because you enjoy doing it.

You can literally make it so they don't exist on your HF experience. Just do it already

Thanks tame, did not know this. Just kept glossing over certain people's posts. Yeah, I don't get it either, why people keep bickering with certain posters. I guarantee you they'll leave if people ignore them, they just seem in it for the attention to me.

It'd be pretty savage, but there could be a Salem witch trial here, do a poll for every single poster, see who gets excommunicated, I'd be down for it and would accept it, lol.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Hawks could have had both Saad + Panarin if they decided to dump Seabrook instead of Saad

Should have traded Seabrook like people were advocating instead of signing him longerm

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

I haven't fully acclimated to the new boards yet, but I usually kept them visible for comedy purposes. It always makes me laugh when someone pops off about something they know nothing about and makes ridiculous statements sitting in their parents basement wearing a "sweat-stained" a-neck T-shirt--and having nothing to back their assertions up.

Believe me--we can smell our own!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Hawks could have had both Saad + Panarin if they decided to dump Seabrook instead of Saad

Should have traded Seabrook like people were advocating instead of signing him longerm

Most people weren't advocating "dumping" Seabs... Most just didn't want to see that term at that dollar value because his body type indicated that there would be a steady decline once he hit the wrong side of 30. I'd have had no issues with the contract if it were 6m/4 years or something like that, and didn't include the NMC. It's the fact that he was given like 7m for 8 years as well as a NMC that got me irritated about it.

There was likely no way Saad was staying here at the dollar amount he wanted. Again, he should have been looking at like a 4m bridge deal, and instead went chasing the high dollar, high term. He wanted his bridge deal to be bigger than Kane and Toews... and that's ultimately what pushed him out the door.

As far as Panarin... he was never going to be a Hawk much longer, anyways. He was going to command far more than the Hawks could afford to pay him, and they got something for him(a great two somethings, btw) while they could. Saad is back, and the Hawks likely have their goalie of the future backing up Crow right now, also.

Reactions: BobbyJet

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

No argument about Seabrook. It wasn't necessarily the cost per year, but many of us feared that Stan would offer him a long term contract, and that's exactly what happened.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Seab's term was given to keep his cap hit lower. He would've had a higher cap as a UFA and that was a bargaining chip for him

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Cleaning house would be a huge mistake. Not saying Stan is the greatest but we are seeing his ability to reload a team again. Seabrooks deal is a killer but there was nothing you can do about the Bickel deal.

Funny how views differ.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
For me, I'd have to know that Stan had little to do with the decisions to draft the young players we have. I have to assume it was his idea to bring these guys in, in which case he's doing a fantastic job. The Saad trade was genius. To me, he's on fire lately and I couldn't fathom moving to someone else. If Seabs is an anchor, so be it. This team has always won despite cap penalties and dead weight and it's because we always reload. Finally we are drafting good players which makes it far easier than scouring for players off the scrap heap.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So what is it for you, Stan moves Seabs or we move Stan out and find someone who can?
SB has value that even i can see. i am still on the idea of have 2 gm's, pretty much like the nba. for chi, SB will be in charge of draft and international scouting. the other will be in charge of players contracts and trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->