Recalled/Assigned: The Goat assigned to the Marlies

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
was kinda hard to judge.. Offensively, he had a few chances, but he's got stone hands. I guess that's not what he's good for. I'd like to just stand him in front of the goalie as a screen.

Defensively, and on face offs... I don't think he helped us a whole lot really. Which is what he's supposed to be good for. Him having a spot on this team will rely on being effective at that.

Would like to see him get more minutes with the marlies next year.. Maybe a callup after trade deadline.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Bozak days are done on this team. I am shocked personally that he has held such a high profile position for as long as he did. He should consider himself very fortunate.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
oh gosh, bozak.. just stay away from this team.

Have to showcase him to the league, showing everybody that he is healthy. I hope he is not back next season.

Rather keep Gauthier up and send Bozak to the Marlies.

:shakehead:

Bozak has played pretty well this year and has been one of our best forwards (when healthy). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the leafs Keep Bozak and trade Kadri.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Why do people dislike Bozak so much? He's 2nd on our team in P/GP, Our best face-off man, plays pretty well defensively....

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Why do people dislike Bozak so much? He's 2nd on our team in P/GP, Our best face-off man, plays pretty well defensively....

Yes, he puts up points. Yes, he's our best face-off man. No, he's dreadful defensively.

Believing that Bozak is competent defensively is one of the main reasons the Wilson and Carlyle ships sunk so badly.

Babcock realized very quickly that Bozak is a weak defensive player and sheltered him accordingly.

buttman*

Bozak days are done on this team. I am shocked personally that he has held such a high profile position for as long as he did. He should consider himself very fortunate.

Sad that people are so polar around here. I remember when everyone loved Grabo, then the next season he was garbage, then they loved him again. Gardiner is another example. Sad really people are getting on Bozak because he has been a solid player for this team ever since he got here. People thought he would be nothing once Kessel was gone but he actually played well, Too bad fans like to run players out of town because they aren't the flavour of the month.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Sad that people are so polar around here. I remember when everyone loved Grabo, then the next season he was garbage, then they loved him again. Gardiner is another example. Sad really people are getting on Bozak because he has been a solid player for this team ever since he got here. People thought he would be nothing once Kessel was gone but he actually played well, Too bad fans like to run players out of town because they aren't the flavour of the month.

I don't care if they keep him or not tbh. I think they should try to get returns on some of these players though if they can.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Thought he looked great in his first two games personally

I think he took more shots & had a more offensive attitude than he does with the Marlies, Babcock must have been pushing him to shoot & to be more offensive. He's exceptional defensively, but if Babcock can convince him to use his size & drive to the net he could become a dominant 200' threat. I know if I was coaching him, every time he came to the bench I would be in his ear telling him to drive to the net. His defensive game is automatic & natural, with his size, his offensive game has potential.

horner

May 22, 2007
was kinda hard to judge.. Offensively, he had a few chances, but he's got stone hands. I guess that's not what he's good for. I'd like to just stand him in front of the goalie as a screen.

Defensively, and on face offs... I don't think he helped us a whole lot really. Which is what he's supposed to be good for. Him having a spot on this team will rely on being effective at that.

Would like to see him get more minutes with the marlies next year.. Maybe a callup after trade deadline.

His second GM was much better.
Won some face-offs, pinged one shot off the cross bar and had goo positioning defensively.

He played better than his first game.

A couple of yrs away but not a bad start.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather keep Bozak and trade Kadri. Kadri is ridiculously overrated on these boards lol

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Looked really solid and held the puck well. Moved a lot better than you'd think he would too. Looking forward to seeing him up in the future.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I'd rather keep Bozak and trade Kadri. Kadri is ridiculously overrated on these boards lol

I'm good to get rid of both. I think I'll lose my mind & have to claw my eyes out when some posters here start coming out with the ridiculous $5-6 million/year Kadri contracts.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Yes, he puts up points. Yes, he's our best face-off man. No, he's dreadful defensively.

Believing that Bozak is competent defensively is one of the main reasons the Wilson and Carlyle ships sunk so badly.

Babcock realized very quickly that Bozak is a weak defensive player and sheltered him accordingly.

I'd be interested in seeing the stats behind this... I'm not saying you're wrong, but when I watch him play, I think he's quite competent defensively.

Thank you! I'm not the only one!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
:shakehead:

Bozak has played pretty well this year and has been one of our best forwards (when healthy). To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the leafs Keep Bozak and trade Kadri.

I would be just based on age and Kadri being a slight bit more skilled.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006

There's no room for him where we are going.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Bozak's 30. Why keep him around? That is bad asset management for rebuilding team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad