Switzerland: The game experience in Davos?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Going to be on vacation in Switzerland and see there will be a game in Davos during my time there. What's the game experience like compared to an NHL or minor league game in North America?

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The atmosphere for a regular season game could be a big letdown if you expect something similar to the Spengler Cup. Davos is a remote place with a low permanent population, it's not unusual for the arena to be half-empty if the game is not on a Saturday. On the other hand, the arena itself is worth checking and the team plays an entertaining and fast paced brand of hockey.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The atmosphere for a regular season game could be a big letdown if you expect something similar to the Spengler Cup. Davos is a remote place with a low permanent population, it's not unusual for the arena to be half-empty if the game is not on a Saturday. On the other hand, the arena itself is worth checking and the team plays an entertaining and fast paced brand of hockey.

Thanks, this was what I was wondering. I won't be there for Spengler Cup, just an ordinary weekend game. Probably go just for the experience as the ticket prices seem reasonable.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I would say it depends on what you'd like to experience in the game. If you only care about the quality of hockey, Davos is one of your best bet to see an entertaining game (if you can pick your game, I suggest you target one against ZSC, Lugano or Zug), but if you want to experience a soccer-like atmosphere, you might be disappointed.

Anyway, I guess you won't travel all the way to Switzerland just to see a hockey game, and Davos is a great place to check out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->