OT: The Food & Drinks Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
El Rey Del Taco: best Mexican food in Montreal.

I'm kind of looking forward to going to Hooters on Crescent that just opened up; their wings and fried pickles are great for what they are.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, I can't wait to try my red wine sauce. I didn't get to use it today because I didn't burn down the trimmings enough and some grease was inside it but once it cools I'll take the grease off the top and reduce it some more. I'll report back with the details.

In other news, Montreal pizza is the best.

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
El Rey Del Taco: best Mexican food in Montreal.

I'm kind of looking forward to going to Hooters on Crescent that just opened up; their wings and fried pickles are great for what they are.

Really?

What about la Guadeloupe Mexicaine? Le petit coin du Mexique? Le Capital Tacos?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Really?

Of those three, I've only been to Le Capital.

El Rey is way better. It's a dirty joint with crappy service, and amazing food. They're actually catering my wedding in June.

Neither I or my girlfriend are Mexican.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Was at Dollarama and walked past their chip section. Went home with a bag of their "original" flavour which is basically just salt.

I haven't opened the bag yet will keep you guys updated. I intend on opening up the bag between Wednesday and next Tuesday.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I tried a few Ginger Chicken Curry recipes.
None of them were gingerly (?) enough.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Capital and Del Rey are both amazing. Hard to choose one. Del Rey catered my friend's wedding and it was awesome.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Well, I can't wait to try my red wine sauce. I didn't get to use it today because I didn't burn down the trimmings enough and some grease was inside it but once it cools I'll take the grease off the top and reduce it some more. I'll report back with the details.

In other news, Montreal pizza is the best.

When you say burn down do you mean actually burn or reduce?

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Really?

Never tried those but La Matraca is legit.

My favorite was Tamales in St Lambert, but it closed a few years ago. Their mole (spicy cocoa sauce) was amazing.

Last edited:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Wild duck on the BBQ grill.

It's all in the marinade. Wrap in bacon with jalapeños. Not much better than that.

Teal is the best followed by Pintail and Mallards.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Just made myself some gigi pennes, but I only put cream and no tomato sauce.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Anyone knows how to use chinese dried herbs/aromates like ginseng, morinda, roots, etc.? Tried to make a broth out of those, and despite rincing them at first it came out like supper bitter. :(

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Not really Mexican but some of my favourite Tacos are from Grumman... I actually had my wedding there, it was amazing.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Anyone knows how to use chinese dried herbs/aromates like ginseng, morinda, roots, etc.? Tried to make a broth out of those, and despite rincing them at first it came out like supper bitter. :(

I'd guess that it's not the same process to rehydrate all of them. If you bought them at an herb store, they should be able to help you. Some may need to be soaked in warm water, some blendered with cold water and filtered, and some peeled and grated dry...

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Went to les enfants terribles yesterday @ Place Ville Marie. Really cool spot.

I got to get back into cooking/baking. Most relaxing thing out there. Haven't made creme brulee in forever. GOAT desert by far.

Anyone got some chocolate desert recipes for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->