The Five Stages of Grief of a Habs Fan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nice to see you have progressed to stage 3. You took my head off while in stage 2.

I'm not sure what stage I'm at. I have been a Habs fan for so long that I can't ever see me caring about another NHL team. It's really sad that the Habs play games and I don't even care to watch them. That has never happened before this year, sure there were games I couldn't get to see due to work or whatever but now I don't even care if they are playing or not, or who did what in the game. This team just seems to make the worst decisions, moves, etc... there doesn't seem to be any hope of things not only not getting better but actually getting worse.

I am angry that's for sure, but perhaps now I'm more accepting that there's nothing I can do about it so f*** it.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Saddly approaching "don't care at all" territory.

Sad bc even back in the houle era of suck, it was still fun to be a fan... There's just no enjoyment is following a team run so arrogantly by the GM & with such disdain for the fan base from the owner.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Sad bc even back in the houle era of suck, it was still fun to be a fan... There's just no enjoyment is following a team run so arrogantly by the GM & with such disdain for the fan base from the owner.

Well at least Houle was a good guy. Incompetent no doubt but he did his best with the skills set he had. MB is a despicable narcissistic man. It doesn't help at all.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Blame all this on Subban. He takes the total responsibility of these 5 states of grief on us.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I agree, at least around '01 as the team sucked badly and so did our farm system but it was at least somewhat fun to be around HF and discuss the Habs especially for me when Andre Savard was brought in as he seemed to turn our farm system around and then brought in Timmins. Now I just feel like we are f***ed and there's no hope starting from the very top as I just don't think very highly of Molson and know it could be a long road before he ends up selling the team and there's no telling how much more damage can be done and for how long.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
1. Denial - The Habs don't suck, it's the injuries, Price will bounce back, Drouin is just learning a new position, MB was just saving cap space for Tavares, Lefebvre is good at developing prospects it's just that '08 to '11 were weak drafts, etc...

2. Anger - **** MB, **** Molson, **** CJ and his staff, **** Lefebvre etc...

3. Bargaining - If MB and his staff are fired I swear I will drink crappy Molson's beer every day.

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and maybe follow the Jets.

5. Acceptance - **** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?

I'm at stage 6.
6. Rooting for our rivals to destroy us - Bergevin/Molson have made this team so embarrassing that the only way to move forward is to lose terribly to our rivals. Let the Leafs and Bruins slaughter us. Maybe then Marc will finally be fired.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
1. Denial - The Habs don't suck, it's the injuries, Price will bounce back, Drouin is just learning a new position, MB was just saving cap space for Tavares, Lefebvre is good at developing prospects it's just that '08 to '11 were weak drafts, etc...

2. Anger - **** MB, **** Molson, **** CJ and his staff, **** Lefebvre etc...

3. Bargaining - If MB and his staff are fired I swear I will drink crappy Molson's beer every day.

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and maybe follow the Jets.

5. Acceptance - **** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?[/QUOTE

6. Closure. ***** Go Vegas

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
My brothers are Bruins fans.

They like MB ...a lot. LOL every time his mug flashes on the screen. :laugh:

:laugh: I do the same now. That's a sure sign of closure.

Last edited:

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
My brothers are Bruins fans.

They like MB ...a lot. LOL every time his mug flashes on the screen. :laugh:

:laugh: I do the same now. That's a sure sign of closure.

Good one, my brother is a Leafs fan, tough to say anything to him these days.

Back to the question, I was a 2 for a good 3 years, then I jumped into 5 this year. I don’t care about hockey if it’s not about the Habs, I could never cheer for any other team. But the last I was excited about this team Alex Kovalev was still wearing the jersey, definitely enjoyed the Subban era too, but I’m done as long as Bergevin is here. I’ve had my suspicions the day he hired Therrien, but i gave it a shot. This management does not represent the kind of team I’m interested in watching or supporting. From the vague communications about injuries, to the “you guys are morons, how dare you ask a tough question” attitude and finally to the “I will give this guy every chance he needs, but that guy will be in the dog house if he makes one single mistake, and I’ll throw him under the bus too” my interest dropped each time. Now I just don’t care.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree, at least around '01 as the team sucked badly and so did our farm system but it was at least somewhat fun to be around HF and discuss the Habs especially for me when Andre Savard was brought in as he seemed to turn our farm system around and then brought in Timmins. Now I just feel like we are ****ed and there's no hope starting from the very top as I just don't think very highly of Molson and know it could be a long road before he ends up selling the team and there's no telling how much more damage can be done and for how long.
Pretty much this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->