The Five Stages of Grief of a Habs Fan

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
1. Denial - The Habs don't suck, it's the injuries, Price will bounce back, Drouin is just learning a new position, MB was just saving cap space for Tavares, Lefebvre is good at developing prospects it's just that '08 to '11 were weak drafts, etc...

2. Anger - **** MB, **** Molson, **** CJ and his staff, **** Lefebvre etc...

3. Bargaining - If MB and his staff are fired I swear I will drink crappy Molson's beer every day.

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and maybe follow the Jets.

5. Acceptance - **** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?

Hahaha I have very much gone through the first three so far. Been watching more NSH games recently too...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Depression. This teams sucks, I can’t even cheer for them to win, there are ZERO prospects that I’m excited about, and the organization isn’t making changes.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
6. Not a real fan mode: I don't think the GM has what it takes to make this team a serious contender, so hoping they lose until he's gone. Hoping they don't land Tavares as a quick fix to getting back to the playoffs, only to see the past-their-prime core leave the cupboards empty 5 years down the road.

member 256847

The day they traded Subban is the day I started the grieving process. I had this nagging feeling that this represented exibit A on just how clueless this owner was. Or I should say this president was. A competent one would have nixed that trade and put the idiot who came up with it on a short leash. Charismatic player, star potential, performs better when the spolight shines brighter... Yeah let’s get rid of that nuisance to start building towards the vision we had, which apparently was recreating the Devils of old, but just the boring, tasteless, oderless, lifeless parts, without the winning aspect since those teams can’t win in the current NHL. That squirrel was even too blind to realise he had found an other nut in Radulov and tried to nickel and dime him.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Mix of 2 and 5, i hate the whole staff, from the bottom to the top, Theres a huge missing piece between Molson and bergevin. I don’t like bergevin said since day one, he had a free pass from riding a gifted organisation where he has 0 credit for. I hate with passion his ego and think he doesn’t have the Skills to scout players to build a team. Lefebvre, nothing to say here... he needed to be goneva long time ago and i surely think its his last season and it will be announced at the end of the season to not distract the team. Timmins... honestely i give the guy the benefit of the doubt, he was never realy put in good drafting position of course mccarron, tinordi, leblanc are awful pick but we don’t know who has the final word and we still haven’t lost a huge player from drafting these guys, so far i feel like Timmins is realy good at reading Dman but Im still skeptical in his ability to read forward well. The time he had low picks he always did great... price, sergachev, galchenyuk ( theres not much better player, yes forsberg, but Galchenyuk still had abilities to play Center at the time and he was the right pick, some say he would have gone 1st overall if it wasn’t from his knee injury. Claude julien... i don’t hate him but i realy don’t like him either, we’ve been playing the same style of hockey since i an remember, we keep recycling the same old wood, in my opinion it was time from a fresh new era and a more offensive oriented younger coach, who? I have no clue but language barrier shouldn’t be an issue.

So yeah 2 and 5 because i have montreal is still my team, hate the staff, i accepted this team was bad a long time ago, but i still watch them, only difference right now is the wierd feeling of being happy when we get scored and lose but still happy when i see our young players play good, score, make nice play, but only on a score deficit. I accept this team losing and drafting legit players for the years to come if its what it takes to win a cup fron my living as an adult or even watch fun hockey and be decent team.

Bergevin herited from a prime young subban, prime plek, prime markov, prime pacioretty, young gallagher, young galchenyuk. He decided to build his own way and part ways instead of appreciating this decent core and do what it takes to fill the needs around it and its where he failed.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
1. Denial - The Habs don't suck, it's the injuries, Price will bounce back, Drouin is just learning a new position, MB was just saving cap space for Tavares, Lefebvre is good at developing prospects it's just that '08 to '11 were weak drafts, etc...

2. Anger - **** MB, **** Molson, **** CJ and his staff, **** Lefebvre etc...

3. Bargaining - If MB and his staff are fired I swear I will drink crappy Molson's beer every day.

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and maybe follow the Jets.

5. Acceptance - **** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?

Nice to see you have progressed to stage 3. You took my head off while in stage 2.

Reactions: groovejuice

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The depression phase has beeen going on for nearly 2 years now...

Accepting mediocrity is not really in my character...

Acceptance comes with emancipation and closure. I don't accept mediocrity. I just accept that there's nothing for me anymore with this club. I accept that it will take time before things change and I can go back to being proud of being a habs fan.

Johnny31

Aug 4, 2017
5 and 2 for me... I'm becoming more a hockey fan than a habs fan because of the management. My love will be back when the direction will change not the performance. If they make the playoff next year with this management, I will not care a bit

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Acceptance comes with emancipation and closure. I don't accept mediocrity. I just accept that there's nothing for me anymore with this club. I accept that it will take time before things change and I can go back to being proud of being a habs fan.

I can't disconnect from this team , I want to be the critic that helps bring change. Natural occuring change is slow and miserable. Change that's sped up by dollars not being spent on the product (like I and many fans have confirmed doing). Eventually once the pocket starts getting hit , hopefully that will be the catalyst that will drive major change in this organization.

The facts are , we are no where close to a Florida team that has Barkov/Huberdeau/Ekblad (not to mention some very good prospects coming soon) and they aren't in the playoffs yet...I believe in this teams ability to stay at the bottom of the East and the Habs fans not spending money on a bad product.

No one person is more valuable than money.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
#4 but no Impact I’m English and a League where Altidore is considered a top player doesn’t wash with me. I support Liverpool. Luckily the Stars are my western team so I get to see Radulov enjoying himself

Reactions: the and jayhabs

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I just watch at this point because being right about all the garbage moves mb has brought in brings me some sort of horrific joy. Cant believe some people here defended this clown for so long . Anybody with a brain knew this is how it would end up with these circus clowns in charge of things

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
As a fan of fast paced sports like hockey and basketball, I find soccer to be extremely boring, no matter if the Impact is good.

Although what I just said is a bit contradictory to my past love for the spos and baseball in general.
I just can't sit through a ballgame, the playoffs yes but the regular season no. It's not a tv friendly sport.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just watch at this point because being right about all the garbage moves mb has brought in brings me some sort of horrific joy. Cant believe some people here defended this clown for so long . Anybody with a brain knew this is how it would end up with these circus clowns in charge of things

giphy.gif

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
When the team is losing, I just treat every game as a stand alone, and hope that the team wins and that it's an entertaining game.

If the team loses, it never feels good, but not as bad as when the team is winning. This is because you get used to losses and also because of the silver lining that comes with the lottery.

I can't ever go into a game hoping for the team to lose. For me, the lottery odds are simply a coping mechanism for the losses.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With Moulson's last interview i'm definitely at stage 5.
I agree. I now see that no vision, no plan, no strategy in sight. It would be tolerable if we had a management team totally committed to excellence. Hard to fathom Molson’s statement regarding Bergevin

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When I saw the GM of the Montreal Canadiens hiding behind a plant I knew this organization had become a Mickey Mouse outfit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->