The Five Stages of Grief of a Habs Fan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
1. Denial - The Habs don't suck, it's the injuries, Price will bounce back, Drouin is just learning a new position, MB was just saving cap space for Tavares, Lefebvre is good at developing prospects it's just that '08 to '11 were weak drafts, etc...

2. Anger - f*** MB, f*** Molson, f*** CJ and his staff, f*** Lefebvre etc...

3. Bargaining - If MB and his staff are fired I swear I will drink crappy Molson's beer every day.

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and maybe follow the Jets.

5. Acceptance - f*** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
1. Denial - The Habs don't suck, it's the injuries, Price will bounce back, Drouin is just learning a new position, MB was just saving cap space for Tavares, Lefebvre is good at developing prospects it's just that '08 to '11 were weak drafts, etc...

2. Anger - **** MB, **** Molson, **** CJ and his staff, **** Lefebvre etc...

3. Bargaining - If MB and his staff are fired I swear I will drink crappy Molson's beer every day.

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and follow maybe the Jets.

5. Acceptance - **** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?

#4 if anything (though giving up on the Habs only for the season). Just generally bummed out about this team. Funny enough, I think I skipped #1 and #3 completely.

Last edited:

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013

4. Depression - I think I'm going to give up the Habs and become a Impact fan and maybe follow the Jets.

5. Acceptance - **** it, Habs suck and I don't care, maybe in 10 years they will be good again and I'll watch then.

What stage are you at?

Stage 4 is exactly how I feel except I don’t give a shit about the Impact

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Spent a lot of time at #2, then went right to #4. I go back to #2 when I need to feel something.

Reactions: Pickles

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I’ve been at Stage 2 since June 29, 2016.

I’m not going to accept it, I’m not going to bargain with it.

I went to the game Thursday. The Bell Center feels like a dead carcass now. Theres no emotion, there’s no magic. There’s just just emptiness.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
My favourite part of the 08-11 draft denial is that really, 2010 and 2011 drafts weren't that bad. Those two draft years under Goat could very well be as productive as 2014-2015 under Bergevin.

Ultimately, the excuse is 2008/2009 drafts being the cause of all things bad 10 years later.

member 256847

I’m at #5. I’ve completely disconnected from this team emotionally. I have as little care for what happens to it as the owner apparently does. Entertainment should’t make you feel pain. I’ve moved on but still like reading this forum from time to time.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Those who are #4 without the impact- trust me you need the impact in your life. Very excited for that team.

As a fan of fast paced sports like hockey and basketball, I find soccer to be extremely boring, no matter if the Impact is good.

Although what I just said is a bit contradictory to my past love for the spos and baseball in general.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I've been on 5 since the Houle era. Got interested with the young team Gainey put on, and never really got into it after the disaster of the season of the century. Win or lose, really couldn't care anymore. Whatever. But this season is definitely the lowest of the low in interest. There's just too much really good hockey being played elsewhere. It's just really difficult to stomach the brand of hockey under Bergevin with Therrien and now Julien as coaches.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The MLS!!!!
I would rather watch peewee hockey than the crap quality the Impact offers, cant pass the ball, cant receive a pass, cant kick the ball, but they have cool tattoos and haircuts I'll give you that.

MLS is getting better. They’re beating mexican teams in CCL and the level of play has significantly improved. This year’s games have been of much better quality. Of course still far from top 5 european leagues.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Still am a bit shocked Subban isn't a hab anymore. I know he isn't the team but with him on the habs it just felt different. Hard to put into words

There’s no passion. No excitement. Just emptiness.

Honestly, a part of me died the day that trade went down. I don’t know how or when or if I’ll even recover from it.

Reactions: badi

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

What stage are you at?

Denial : It's just pre-season

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
They are right back to where they were in the late 90s when they were icing superstars like Vladimir Malakhov and Dainius Zubrus.

No vision, no future, nothing. Just being a horrible team with a shortsighted management that goes on win streaks late in the season to avoid a high draft pick at all costs. It's exactly the same thing as it was back then. Trying to make the playoffs every year without ever giving any serious thought to long term rebuilding.

This team is nowhere near out of the slump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad