The Fire Boucher Movement

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Sutter is another dinosaur we don't need him. He's similar to Boucher and also we can't afford to pay him.

We need an up tempo offensive driven coach to help the young guys we are going to all have here soon and now. Defense first hockey is not going to develop them.

Karlsson
Stone
Duchene
Hoffman

4 offensive vets that will thrive on an offensive driven coaching system.

L Brown
White
2018 1st
Chabot
Formenton
Batherson
Chlapik

Young talent that will thrive with better offensive coaching

It's obvious Boucher is not the guy to do this for us

Last edited:

GoBlue99

Dec 21, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Boucher changed his message today, it wasn’t about what it takes to win a game it was about what the coach and organization were looking for from his players. He said his forwards okay perimeter hockey, soft hockey. He talked about players to build around and he cited Pageau & Stone.

Change of tune to me means bey-bey Hoffman, Ryan. Way to soft

Unless Eugene wins lotto max, Ryan isn't going anywhere. No one is going to take him. Only option is a buyout, and Eugene is too cheap for that. The best chance of trading Ryan was after his good playoff run last season, and still Ottawa would probably have had to eat some money.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Unless Eugene wins lotto max, Ryan isn't going anywhere. No one is going to take him. Only option is a buyout, and Eugene is too cheap for that. The best chance of trading Ryan was after his good playoff run last season, and still Ottawa would probably have had to eat some money.

If Eugene won the Lotto Max he’d complain it was in Canadians Dollars

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
When is the Seattle expansion. We could get rid of Ryan that way if it's soon.
that would nice. i think they come into the league for the 20-21 season. which means we would only be getting rid of ryan for two seasons. better than nothing but still gonna have to offer a bunch of incentive to get him off our books.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Not only would we be too cheap to buy him out, I think I've read that his bonus structure makes it not as worth it since you can't buy out bonuses.

The only hope for Ryan is that he can contribute something to this team. A buyout or trade is not realistic.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Not only would we be too cheap to buy him out, I think I've read that his bonus structure makes it not as worth it since you can't buy out bonuses.

The only hope for Ryan is that he can contribute something to this team. A buyout or trade is not realistic.
We are definitely stuck with him until the bitter end.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Yup. Only 3 years removed from the fan base and media ****ting themselves over the idea of him leaving as a ufa.
Still cant believe that people were so worked up thinking that. I really think the media here is some of the least knowledgeable people around

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Still cant believe that people were so worked up thinking that. I really think the media here is some of the least knowledgeable people around

It was a tough time. We'd lost Alfie the year before, we gave up a boatload to get Ryan, and he was coming off 23 goal season in 70 games so he looked not far off from the 30 goal player we thought we were getting. I was on board at the time, but as usual, once they're overpaid they lose so much value to us or in trade.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It was a tough time. We'd lost Alfie the year before, we gave up a boatload to get Ryan, and he was coming off 23 goal season in 70 games so he looked not far off from the 30 goal player we thought we were getting. I was on board at the time, but as usual, once they're overpaid they lose so much value to us or in trade.
Yep there is always a risk in resigning guys....Heck even when we sign EK to a monster deal ,you know its going to have a few bad seasons included....But in the end teams are usually stuck with these types of deals until the bitter end

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
According to line ups tonight; White will be the scratch if Thompson able to go and Chabot will play with Boro.

I like Guy as a coach, but he clearly can't adjust to using the young guys - it is now time for Guy to go.

Reactions: Cosmix

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
According to line ups tonight; White will be the scratch if Thompson able to go and Chabot will play with Boro.

I like Guy as a coach, but he clearly can't adjust to using the young guys - it is now time for Guy to go.
I don't get how he justifies playing White almost 20 minutes 1 night, 10 the next and then potentially scratching him.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Not sure there are any really great candidates to replace GB right now anyway.

There's a weird mix of millennial players and veterans right now. Not sure what kind of communication skills works with the kids.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

There's a weird mix of millennial players and veterans right now. Not sure what kind of communication skills works with the kids.

There are a few names out there that could warrant consideration

Lindy Ruff
Dave Tippett
Kirk Muller
Sheldon Keefe
Jim Montgomery
Adam Oates
David Quinn

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
I'm a big proponent of hiring Keefe. He's a proven winner at every level he's coached, his teams play a style of hockey that is entertaining to watch and, most importantly, he's experienced with Juniors and the AHL meaning he knows how to handle millennials which sadly is an important factor these days.

Reactions: Slack and jehkob

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
I'm a big proponent of hiring Keefe. He's a proven winner at every level he's coached, his teams play a style of hockey that is entertaining to watch and, most importantly, he's experienced with Juniors and the AHL meaning he knows how to handle millennials which sadly is an important factor these days.
He would probably be cheap too. Melnyks favourite attribute to a coach.

Reactions: DJB

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016

Not even sure what this is supposed to mean? Every team in the NHL needs to have young guys on cheap ELC's performing well in order to succeed. It's just the reality of the salary cap era. Coaches like Boucher who are reluctant to ever give young guys a chance will find themselves without a job quickly.

Nosswor

Jun 24, 2016
next year's roster is going to be so exciting offensively with Brown, White, Chlapik & hopefully Formenton / Batherson making the jump. i wish we had a Bruce Cassidy type in our system to pick from.
You say exciting, I say perillous, especially if we end up keeping our 2018 1st rounder.

Reactions: BondraTime

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I didn't knew where i should have put it. But there was an interview in french i think it was friday by Brassard. And they asked him what was wrong with the team.

Here is what he said, briefly.

The lost of Methot and Macarthur has been huge in the room and the ice. Mac provided a lot of depth on the ice and was loved. Methot gave the opportunity to Karlsson to play to his strength. He was a respected presence in the room.
He mentionned Stalberg has being missed for the depth he provided.
He said that their forcheck was ''different'' where the left D need to step and missing Methot and Boro made the play of the system difficult. ( Which i read into, no adjustement by the coach )

Was asked about the lost of Turris. To him, he think it hasn't affect the room. Of course, he was loved and respected but Duchene was playing well.
He think the problem were already started before Duchene came.

Talked more about the effect of Methot on Karlsson play.

He think the futur will be bright. Mentionned Batherson, Formenton, Chabot and White making progress every game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->