[The Final] Thank You Brassgod

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Testament to his skills + likability when seemingly not one fan is happy to see him go, even while most are happy with the hockey aspect of the trade. Brass developed great with the Rangers and we reaped the benefits. Thanks for everything Derick.

Couldn't say it better. Thanks!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
mamhWfu.jpg

Never forget. :handclap:

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
Tremendous performer when it mattered most and was tougher than a lot of people gave him credit for. Will miss him.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
One of my favorites I have seen wear the jersey. Thanks Brass, will always root for your success.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Thanks for everything Brass! Class act! Effort and heart were there, that's all a fan can ask for! I hope it doesn't sting too much and wish you all the best in Ottawa.

Once a Ranger always a Ranger!!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA

This is me at 30 years old.

I have said it a million times, my fav NYR forward since Kovalev.

Never a point of complaint in all his time here. Unreal.

No reason for him not to still be here. Ranger for life indeed.

THANK YOU BRASSGOD, MUCH LOVE AND APPRECIATION, HOPE YOU COME BACK SOON SOMEHOW.

:(

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Filthy slapper, wish he used it more.

All-in-all, it feels all too rare for a player to come to NY and become a better player than they were previously.

A big thank you to a guy that came here and provided a ton of great hockey. A big thank you to a guy who turned it on in the big games and the playoffs.

Will be rooting for him in Ottawa, except against the Rangers.

amen to this. I think Ottawa might be my other favorite team now (other than the Panthers, who i've had a soft spot for for a long time)

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
The only non rangers shirt in my home is my Ovechkin t-shirt from the all-star game a few years back. I think it is time to get some Sens gear. Hopefully they have a Brassard t-shirt or something.

i will definitely be getting something brassard related, he was my favorite ranger and will be missed

426er

Sep 14, 2005
This was a tough one. Brass came here and reached the potential that was expected of him early on but never panned out - before he got to NY. We usually get the opposite.

I had the opportunity to meet him a few times and one of those times was for a few hours. Class act all the way. People came over to him and interrupted our conversation yet he just apologized to pose or sign without a hint of being pissed - the smile never went away whenever he signed or posed for a selfie. I had a great time and a lot of laughs with him & Zuuc. All the players make sure Zuuc is taken care of, because his English isn't so great, very comical - but that's another story.
To say he was a good guy seems lame, but he was - and he is a great pro.

On the ice - we had a guy that played hard and made some big plays for us. Did we need to trade him now? The truth is, what we got was pretty good also, especially the pick - because we didn't like keeping picks. Different league these days force you to do different things. In the end the Rangers did what they usually don't do - get younger, so as I fan - this one hurt now, but maybe we have to really acknowledge that the suits have a plan and not a cigar. Teams used to love dumping guys on the Rangers - not any more (we hope).

We wish him the best...I even won't get upset if he does well against us, but be ready....he probably will.

Good luck Brass!!!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
According to several beat writers, Brass was one of the best players to talk to, and one of the ones who usually asked them questions as well (like "How is your day going?"/"What are your plans this weekend?"/etc)

Swell guy. Will miss him. I'll still wear his jersey with pride.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Swell guy. Will miss him. I'll still wear his jersey with pride.
And @Machinehead still wears his (unwashed) socks with the same pride too.

Brass is one of those likable players who can play for your rival, yet you still love. Can’t make that statement for a lot of hockey players. He represented our jersey well. #respect

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
And @Machinehead still wears his (unwashed) socks with the same pride too.

Brass is one of those likable players who can play for your rival, yet you still love. Can’t make that statement for a lot of hockey players. He represented our jersey well. #respect

All that said highway robbery on our part. I really really liked Brassard but Zibanejad is a major, major NHL star who was having an elite level season before the season was called. We f***ing completely ripped Ottawa off on this one--even got a 2nd rounder besides.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Ugh those videos. IDK what haunts me more....not showing up Game 7 at home or that non goalie interference in the SCF.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
All that said highway robbery on our part. I really really liked Brassard but Zibanejad is a major, major NHL star who was having an elite level season before the season was called. We f***ing completely ripped Ottawa off on this one--even got a 2nd rounder besides.
I did backflips when the trade was announced. It was almost too good to be true.

Reactions: eco's bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad