[The Final] Thank You Brassgod

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
I'll also miss BrassGod gifs and also him playing the trumphet.

Yeah, going to miss this :

mamhWfu.jpg

Best wishes Brass.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Testament to his skills + likability when seemingly not one fan is happy to see him go, even while most are happy with the hockey aspect of the trade. Brass developed great with the Rangers and we reaped the benefits. Thanks for everything Derick.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
All the best to Brass in Ottawa.

Extremely likable guy and it was awesome to watch him come to NY and flourish. I will always remember that first game after the Gabby trade. Added Clowe, Brass, Moore, and Dorsett. Crazy that all are gone now.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Very good player. The Rangers made a really good trade getting him from Columbus and they made a really good trade trading him to Ottawa.

Agreed.

So Gorton stuck to his guns during the draft , knowing he could get good value for Brass if he couldn't for Stepan

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
All the best to Brass in Ottawa.

Extremely likable guy and it was awesome to watch him come to NY and flourish. I will always remember that first game after the Gabby trade. Added Clowe, Brass, Moore, and Dorsett. Crazy that all are gone now.

That is a rarity now. Brass was a great Ranger.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
That rocket slapper against Montreal was one of those awesome moments that just sticks with me. Nothing better than the emotion you would see after a Brassard goal.

On a more serious note, the team hotness level just took a serious hit. Condolences to our lady Ranger fans.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
That rocket slapper against Montreal was one of those awesome moments that just sticks with me. Nothing better than the emotion you would see after a Brassard goal.

On a more serious note, the team hotness level just took a serious hit. Condolences to our lady Ranger fans.

This was actually one of the primary things I thought about when I learned of the trade and calmed down a bit. It was also one of the first things my girlfriend mentioned to me about the trade.

Thankfully, we still have Lundqvist. And Skjei is still rising.

Side-note: I thought Stoll was handsome as **** when his hair wasn't...weird.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
This was actually one of the primary things I thought about when I learned of the trade and calmed down a bit. It was also one of the first things my girlfriend mentioned to me about the trade.

Thankfully, we still have Lundqvist. And Skjei is still rising.

Side-note: I thought Stoll was handsome as **** when his hair wasn't...weird.

ummmm :laugh:

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Thanks for everything Brassard.
I'll always remember hearing about the Gaborik trade on my way home from work, then finding out Brassard was one of the players coming back, and being kind of sad that it wasnt Anisimov or Dubi. About 6 hours later I was convinced after a four point night for Brassard

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Was just wondering this. I don't remember all too well, but I don't think they did one for Cally.

They did do one for Cally, as well as Stralman and Boyle when they all came to town with the Bolts.

They also did one for Hagelin.

I'd assume they will do one for Brassard, he was a key player in our two deep runs and was a fan favorite.

I'll miss you Brassard. I like the trade, but I love Brassard as a player so it's a tough one to swallow.

His slap shot goal on Tokarski was one of the best playoff goals in recent memory.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Very good player. The Rangers made a really good trade getting him from Columbus and they made a really good trade trading him to Ottawa.

I remember when for a while people were *****ing about that Gaborik trade. Gaborik had two great seasons here, but two seasons where he was invisible. Brassard was much better for us.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
That is a rarity now. Brass was a great Ranger.

Stralman, B. Boyle, Zucc, Brass, Raanta (to an extent), Pouliot...not as rare as you think. When we go the "under the radar" route, like these guys, it tends to turn out well. I think Zibs could be a 60 point player here, maybe even a 25-30 goal scorer. He's got the tools, and maybe the trade really pushes his motivation like it did with Brass.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stralman, B. Boyle, Zucc, Brass, Raanta (to an extent), Pouliot...not as rare as you think. When we go the "under the radar" route, like these guys, it tends to turn out well. I think Zibs could be a 60 point player here, maybe even a 25-30 goal scorer. He's got the tools, and maybe the trade really pushes his motivation like it did with Brass.

I bet Zib turns out great and then we get rid of him too like all the others you mentioned :help:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Where's the gif where Brass made fun of someone's face?

I'll never forget his partial breakaway slapper against Tokarski and his game 6 hat trick.

Hopefully Ottawa makes the playoffs so Brass can really shine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad