Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

tumblr_loylsqTW3Z1r0yjcuo1_400.gif

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Filthy slapper, wish he used it more.

All-in-all, it feels all too rare for a player to come to NY and become a better player than they were previously.

A big thank you to a guy that came here and provided a ton of great hockey. A big thank you to a guy who turned it on in the big games and the playoffs.

Will be rooting for him in Ottawa, except against the Rangers.

Reactions: motopanekeku

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Such a pleasure watching Brass grow and develop into a star with us. He had so much passion - as a fan, I cannot ask much more of a player than to give it his all and to bleed for his team. Brass wanted to win as much as anyone and you could see it on his face.

I'm definitely going to continue cheering and rooting for him, just like I still do with Boyle, Cally, Stralman, and all the other former Rangers who gave it their all for this team.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Great to see a guy come to NY and actually realize his talent. Great guy. Great player. Sucks to see him go and I hope he kills it in Ottawa.

KreiderHouseRules*

One of the few who elevated his game in the playoffs and played with passion and intensity.

We love you Brass!

Best of luck in Ottawa!

We will miss you!

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Great to see a guy come to NY and actually realize his talent. Great guy. Great player. Sucks to see him go and I hope he kills it in Ottawa.

The only non rangers shirt in my home is my Ovechkin t-shirt from the all-star game a few years back. I think it is time to get some Sens gear. Hopefully they have a Brassard t-shirt or something.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Loved him, although the biggest upside to this is that I won't have to read the awful nickname in the thread title anymore.

Huge amount of respect for the perseverance in this guy. Was a high draft pick, got hurt and looked like he would never get over it. He found a way to get better by acknowledging he would always be streaky and maximizing his output when he was hot. Lots of hard work there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Loved him ever since his first game here.

I've only been a hard core fan since 2011, but I haven't been this upset about a player leaving yet.

Wish Brass and Ottawa nothing but the very best.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
He did exactly what you hope for when you trade for a former high pick with untapped potential --- he adjusted and thrived.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Brassard was the coolest offensive player we had since Messier. No scratch that, since the 2 months of Pavel Bure awesomeness. No way, since the great Jaromir Jagr. But after that he was our best offensive player. Screw Nash and screw Gaborik. Brassard and Zucarello have been our offense the last 2 years and the heart of this team. Love Brassard. He will always be a Ranger in my eyes.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
The only non rangers shirt in my home is my Ovechkin t-shirt from the all-star game a few years back. I think it is time to get some Sens gear. Hopefully they have a Brassard t-shirt or something.

I'll definitely be rooting for the guy whenever he isn't playing us, but idk if I can go that far. ;)

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
I hated the Gaborik trade. I still do, kind of. But Brassard's progression saved that from being a disaster, because he really developed into a helluva player. Traded for a "3rd line center" where John Moore was supposed to be the "real asset," and we got a badass 2nd line center who could moonlight on the 1st occasionally (and in the playoffs whatever line he was centering was the 1st). He played with emotion and grit that you don't always get with skill players, and all in all, I don't have a single bad thing to say about the man.

Brassard was a very good Ranger, and I wish him nothing but best in the future.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I will definitely miss Brass. He played a huge role in our success the last 4-5 seasons.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Really liked this guy. More than any other forward on our team he always showed up in big moments.

It ain't bad for him though--he's basically going to his hometown team. I'm thinking of the beginnings show where he was working out with Marc Methot--so Ottawa is probably as good a destination for him as any of the other NHL cities.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
When you consider the last two NHL t-shirts I purchased were Chris Drury and Scott Gomez after signing with the Rangers... a Brassard Ottawa shirt doesn't seem so bad :laugh:

Ouch. :laugh:

See this is why I only get merch that's not player specific, or are from guys who have long since retired. Hank being the one notable exception. Though Jags pulled one over on me when he came back from Russia.

Plus there's that whole getting a jersey for a guy who is younger than me thing. But we won't talk about that. :laugh:

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I'm going to miss Brass so much. He blossomed into an amazing player with us, and seems like an amazing human being. Good luck to him in Ottawa and I only wish him the best. He's going to kill it for them, I already know it.

By far my favorite player in the NHL. So likeable. I didn't want him to go like this. I didn't want him to go at all.

tumblr_n0v14aU3lG1snzah9o1_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad