The FAN590: Daly & Saskin in Washington with Mediators - (February 13th, 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
Wetcoaster said:
No, if there is any hint of possible movement you do not have an impasse.

At this point the NHL does not know whether or not the NHLPA will accept a non-linkage offer. That is not good enough for an impasse.

This is absolute posturing on your part. They have had former reps from the labor board on Fan 590 and indicated months ago they were at an impasse....the owners want "cost certainty" either a hard cap or linage (this is not different from July of last year). Players do not want this at all under any circumstances and they have only put out ONE proposal since the lockout and ZERO counter proposals. If anyone doesn't think this is at an impasse you need to give your head a shake.

I was not necessarily in one camp or another...I thought either side could have taken their most important stance "cost certainty" or not and given the other side what they wanted (i.e., hard cap, much lower free agency and other concessions or no hard cap give up guaranteed contracts etc.) however they are not negoitiating at all...when one side just keeps saying please give me another proposal and we'll see if we like it that is not negoitiating!!! Maybe this worked for Goodenow in 95 but it isn't working this time and just pissing off the fans.

I personally hope that an impasse is declared then the players would have to strike...which means they would have to give back the jobs they took from other players and really show how solid they are...I am so sick of pro player posters that are in complete denial about what is going on...the NHLPA doesn't want to play in the NHL and could care less about the sport or the fans. Not saying the last proposal was the solution but they didn't even try and that is so sad... :banghead:

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Wetcoaster said:

Your link doesn't say what you claim it does. It says two seats are held by the opposing party, not two seats are appointed by the opposing party. Big difference.

Straight from the horse's mouth:

"The Board itself has five Members and primarily acts as a quasi-judicial body in deciding cases on the basis of formal records in administrative proceedings. Board Members are appointed by the President to 5-year terms, with Senate consent, the term of one Member expiring each year. The current Members are Robert J. Battista (Chairman), Wilma B. Liebman, and Peter C. Schaumber."

http://www.nlrb.gov/nlrb/about/default.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->