The FAN590: Daly & Saskin in Washington with Mediators - (February 13th, 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
It's reported that Daly and Saskin are meeting with mediators in Washington. Also reported is that there is no talk about saving the season, its all about cancellation. To which extent isnt known. But there you have it.

Last edited:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
And before anyone says anything about Saskin and the PA having nothing to do with cancellation, I know that. He is there for reasons unknown. :dunno:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Negotiatiors needed for cancelling the season? I don't think so...

If Daly & Saskin are really in Washington, it's a last minute effort to get a deal. Bettman can cancel the season from his summer residence in Hawaii if he wants to.

NewBreed19

Pepper said:
Negotiatiors needed for cancelling the season? I don't think so...

If Daly & Saskin are really in Washington, it's a last minute effort to get a deal. Bettman can cancel the season from his summer residence in Hawaii if he wants to.
Believe what you want but I reported it as I heard it! I'am not sayin that it is true.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Howard Berger reporting that they are talking about what legalities would be involved concerning the cancellation of the season. So this can be taken as somewhat good news. Both sides would go back to their bosses and report what information they got. Saskin would most likely say "This won't be good for anyone, mostly us." Hence, more pressure.

So its not officially cancelling the season, just getting information on the legalities if they were to do so.

PantherBlood6*

Saskin is probably at the meeting for legal reasons -- i.e. if the NHL files for an impasse.

I don't see how talk about officially canceling the season can be looked at as good news. Stop living in denial and face the facts.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Scugs said:
Howard Berger reporting that they are talking about what legalities would be involved concerning the cancellation of the season. So this can be taken as somewhat good news. Both sides would go back to their bosses and report what information they got. Saskin would most likely say "This won't be good for anyone, mostly us." Hence, more pressure.

So its not officially cancelling the season, just getting information on the legalities if they were to do so.
Or this is another attempt at a bluff, as if one is cocking the firing pin back before pulling the trigger.

Just have no idea who's holding the gun. :dunno:

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
PitkanenPower said:
Even if Daly and Saskin are in Washington, Goodenow and Bettman are not. Begin conspiracy theories............NOW.

Exactly I just wanna take a step back from this for a while. I'm gonna go out and do something...

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Scugs said:

baloney. what business makes a business decision and they explores the ramifications of it? they already know this crap.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Doesn't it strike anyone else as a bit odd that they would wait until as late an hour as this to look into the legalities of a season cancellation? Why wouldn't this have been dealt with long in advance? It's not like they've been swamped with other silly things like NEGOTIATIONS on their respective day planners during the past 5 months...

Maybe it's just me.

NewBreed19

TKF37 said:
Saskin is probably at the meeting for legal reasons -- i.e. if the NHL files for an impasse.

I don't see how talk about officially canceling the season can be looked at as good news. Stop living in denial and face the facts.
I agree , I think it has reached an end(the season's toast) and I will be forever pissed off. I hope this spells the end of the NHLPA&Garry Bettman&Bob Goodenow. They will go down as the pair who ruined the 2004-05 hockey season and they also have the greedy players to thank. :madfire:

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
I wonder if the PA is claiming the owners talking to the players or the threat of canceling the season is interferring with the collective bargaining process and therefore, the PA is rasing a fuss.

Sad that if they're arguing over that, they're obviously not trying to make a deal. This is such a mess.

spartyinmd

Feb 2, 2005
Could it be that Saskin and Daly are in DC and Bettman and Goodenow are meeting in NYC...The group in DC finds out the ramifications of cancelling and reports via phone conference back to the big boys in NYC. This could be what is going on.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
baloney. what business makes a business decision and they explores the ramifications of it? they already know this crap.

There are always specifics, obviously both sides know it isnt good, but exactly how much damage will this do? Like I said this is just talk, not actually cancelling the season. So it's not over yet.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
spartyinmd said:
Could it be that Saskin and Daly are in DC and Bettman and Goodenow are meeting in NYC...The group in DC finds out the ramifications of cancelling and reports via phone conference back to the big boys in NYC. This could be what is going on.

A possibility, one I would hope for.

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
So if they get agreement in DC, do they have to hop on a jet and get agreement from BC, Quebec, Ontario & Alta labour mediators/whatever like they will with replacement players, impasse or other labour issues ? This is nuts.

two out of three*

We should all stop posting in this thread, until there is further news. So people don't have to come back to pages and pages of BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad