TV: The Expanse Season 4

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Wtf was that ending. What was that, seriously, wtf, that shit was straight up wrong man

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Yeah, that was a bit much at the end. I had just finish eating before as well. :confused:

Also, I know it's because the writers are trying to keep Prax's daughter from getting turned into a hybrid but I find Mao's character arc funny:
Prior episode: Appreciates Mei's cuteness, realizes it's wrong to experiment on children. Tells Strickland to stop.
End of this episode: *sees grotesque scene* Doctor you were right to ignore my orders. :laugh:

The recovery scene with the Nauvoo was pretty cool. Man, I so want a 3D space RTS based on The Expanse.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah, that was a bit much at the end. I had just finish eating before as well. :confused:

Also, I know it's because the writers are trying to keep Prax's daughter from getting turned into a hybrid but I find Mao's character arc funny:
Prior episode: Appreciates Mei's cuteness, realizes it's wrong to experiment on children. Tells Strickland to stop.
End of this episode: *sees grotesque scene* Doctor you were right to ignore my orders. :laugh:

The recovery scene with the Nauvoo was pretty cool. Man, I so want a 3D space RTS based on The Expanse.
Mao didn't change his mind because of the gruesome scene though, he changed his mind because the kid was talking to the protomolecule.

Reactions: Seedtype

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Was to be expected. Didn't get good ratings.

I watched the first season but felt it was kind of all over the place. I think a lot of people felt the same and tuned out. Also advertising it as "The Game of Thrones in Space" didn't do itself any favors when it wasn't anywhere close to the same level as GoT.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I posted my thoughts in cancellation thread (basically boils down to alot of ****). SyFy channel in theory is good but they f*** everything up.

A show like this with maybe a smaller but far more loyal fanbase seems like a natural to be picked up by streaming service as many people would subscribe just for this show. Hopefully they will, I follow alot sci fi people and groups and there's certainly a push for this to get picked up.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
This series is just excellent.

I binged the first two seasons starting midway thru the period the show's 2nd season was airing and forgot that its 3rd season had already begun airing.

Watched all 5 episodes over the past couple days and damn, I want more.

Cancellation news is horrible and I'm with others in hoping another network, preferably Netflix, picks it up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There has been a ton of talk today about them already trying to get onto a streaming service, so there is a lot of hope there. It has done fantastically with critics and supposedly does well with delayed viewers, but SyFy only got money for live first-run viewers, and the ratings weren't good there.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Just like the books I want to like this show more then I actually do.

Its unfortunate its been cancelled, but I am curious if it ever by chance got picked up by someone else if they could improve upon it.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
There has been a ton of talk today about them already trying to get onto a streaming service, so there is a lot of hope there. It has done fantastically with critics and supposedly does well with delayed viewers, but SyFy only got money for live first-run viewers, and the ratings weren't good there.
Yeah, I mean I can understand Syfy cutting the show loose if they only get first-run revenue. I don't have TV anymore and paid for season 2 and 3 on Amazon. It's weird to hear Syfy gets nothing from that, considering that On Demand streaming is so prevalent nowadays. Someone dropped the ball at the channel obviously.
At the same time, it sounds like Syfy didn't really do a good job of promoting the show, and the channel never did a good job of convincing me as a sci-fi fan to keep TV at the end anyways... so screw them.;)

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Please please please please make this happen. This is the best science fiction show we've had since BSG. Even then it's better than BSG in a lot of respects.

Reactions: Blender

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Did not expect to see an actor of David Strathairn's caliber on this show.

The time jump at the beginning came out of nowhere and took a bit to adjust to but I like that we have new plotlines.

And dat ending... :eek:

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Bit of a slow episode as it was mostly setup after the story arc wrapped up last week, but still a good episode.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad