Not open for further replies.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
it is an old commodore computer from 1980

vic20.jpg
I know.

But "What?" is going to be the most common response you're going to get from younger people when you mention it.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
It was a job offer I didn't take.

:amazed:

...Okay, it depends on what you like. Top 3 scuba diving destination in the world, enchanting unhabitated islands where it's possible to kayak or spend the night if you're adventorous, up north the Kayangel atoll is straight out of a dream. Taking the scenic flight over the "seventy islands" is one of the most beautiful and incredible things I've seen in life. With time available Palau offers countless opportunities if you like nature, islands or WWII History.
Koror city is boring though, Palau is rather expensive and weather can be a pain in the ass with all the rain, but you cannot have everything...

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
:amazed:

...Okay, it depends on what you like. Top 3 scuba diving destination in the world, enchanting unhabitated islands where it's possible to kayak or spend the night if you're adventorous, up north the Kayangel atoll is straight out of a dream. Taking the scenic flight over the "seventy islands" is one of the most beautiful and incredible things I've seen in life. With time available Palau offers countless opportunities if you like nature, islands or WWII History.
Koror city is boring though, Palau is rather expensive and weather can be a pain in the ass with all the rain, but you cannot have everything...

My personal experience is that you want to visit resort locations, not live in them. There's an underlying bleakness to them you never see as a tourist.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
My personal experience is that you want to visit resort locations, not live in them. There's an underlying bleakness to them you never see as a tourist.

This is so true. Six months of living in Hawaii was more than enough for me.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy

Palau isn't a resort location (yet), thankfully. Yeah, if I wasn't so keen on scuba diving Palau wouldn't be THAT high on my list, still it's quite a cool, laid-back nation.

This is so true. Six months of living in Hawaii was more than enough for me.

:amazed: Why, if I may ask?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
Palau isn't a resort location (yet), thankfully. Yeah, if I wasn't so keen on scuba diving Palau wouldn't be THAT high on my list, still it's quite a cool, laid-back nation.

You can only be called Haole so many times...

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC

Island fever is a real thing, you just feel trapped after a while. Hawaii has more seedier parts than people realize. I wasn't working at the time, so living in a condo on the 14th floor of a building with only so many places to go got to be a bit much.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I don't understand but...okay.

Night of my holiday party has to have the highest winds of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad