The Duncan Keith emo thread

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Expect another thread like this in about 9 games.

When Keith has his next off game.

ummmm, no. Like Crazy Ike said, almost everyone looked good in a 3-1 win. But if anything, last night's game showed that Yawney shouldn't be putting Keith on the PP, but rather on the PK. He panicked on the first PP when pressured with the puck. He had other chances on other PPs to make something happen but couldn't. The offensive instincts aren't there.

Like I've said, I don't have anything personal against him. He gave his stick to a fan last night, which was a nice gesture. But for whatever reason, Yawney plays favorites with him at the expense of other young d-men and it isn't doing Keith (or the team) any good.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
ummmm, no. Like Crazy Ike said, almost everyone looked good in a 3-1 win. But if anything, last night's game showed that Yawney shouldn't be putting Keith on the PP, but rather on the PK. He panicked on the first PP when pressured with the puck. He had other chances on other PPs to make something happen but couldn't. The offensive instincts aren't there.

Like I've said, I don't have anything personal against him. He gave his stick to a fan last night, which was a nice gesture. But for whatever reason, Yawney plays favorites with him at the expense of other young d-men and it isn't doing Keith (or the team) any good.

I see something in Keith and so does Yawney. If his decision making and confidence rise Duncan will be a competent power play D man. You are way too hard on this young man.

Hawkhead

Jun 5, 2004
Canada
www.kiekko.tk
Keith's skating really helps him, see his one on one? That was a great skating move reminiscent of Denis Savard.

Also his around the back path to Hamilton was excellent

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Another horrible performance by Keith last night. For goals #3 and #4 he was a couple of feet away from both Blues goal scorers. Even Eddie O criticized Keith on goal #3. Always out of position and always scrambling to make up for it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Brent's looking better. I don't have any serious issue with Keith, but he needs to be off of the top PP unit. Plug in Aucoin, and pair Seabrook with Vandy on the second one. Keith doesn't have a shot, and is a very average passer.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Seabrook played his best game of the season yesterday.

Aucoin looks like he's mailing it in.

Keith was pretty good vs the blues. But he does need to be taken off the pp.

Boucher was the reason they lost. He lost sight of the puck on 2 goals and the 3rd goal he should have had with his eyes closed. Maybe they were closed?

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
What's your point?

2 were on the powerplay and the other goal was Cullimore's man.

He was an even player for the game and is +4 for the season.

You need to lose the i hate Duncan Keith glasses.

Well said.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Because Duncan ran over "who_me"'s dog, grandmother, and best friend while stealing his car and cheating on his wife.

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Man as an Avid Rangers fan, Duncan's Style of Defense really reminds me of Brian Leetch. I watched the game here in Dallas, and the way he skates, his positioning, and the way he battles guys makes me want him on the Rangers. I Hope he becomes a steady Defender for the Hawks and wears that #2 like Leetch did.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Man as an Avid Rangers fan, Duncan's Style of Defense really reminds me of Brian Leetch. I watched the game here in Dallas, and the way he skates, his positioning, and the way he battles guys makes me want him on the Rangers. I Hope he becomes a steady Defender for the Hawks and wears that #2 like Leetch did.

OK, what would you give up from the Rangers for Duncan Keith.

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
Sandis Ozolinsh, Michal Rozsival if your wanting Veteran Defense.

Thomas Pock or Karel Rachunek if your wanting someone "young"

Lets hear whom youd give him up for...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Duncan Keith either is still committing the sins of youth on D --or,he has hit the wall and will not be able to get better due to some shortcmings--namely:

.His inability physically to knock opposing players off the puck =leading to overmatching the Blackhawks on the low cycle in the Hawks zone..

.His puck awareness is poor= he has no anticipation of where it is going--so he only re-acts to where it is --leads to chases where he either doesn't get there in time and by leaving position leaves the Hawks vulnerable to a pass to the open guy for a good shot on goal...

.The combination of both of the above leads to too much ineffective rinnning around FOR TOO LONG in the Hawks zone when teams low cycle and pinch their d-men..

.On the few occaisions he does re-gain possession--he can skate it out or pass it out --WHEN THERE IS NO FORECHECK PRESSURE--but often there is and he'll turn it over either with a bad pass or by a forecker stopping his rush out of the zone (on this aspect perhaps experience will rectify this type of mistake over time,however on the first two problems I'm more skeptical,because I cannot see how he'll ever be able to out muscle the low cycle opposing forwards,and his reaction vs. anticipation problem is I think more instinctual than a learned skill on D...

There are of course sophmore jinxes ---perhaps he is going through this--but I believe we still had these problems on the low cycle chase with him last year too--so I'm tempted to believe these are permanent problems and unfixable with more experience...

Furthermore---VAndermeer is at best an NHL 6th d-man in talent---pairing himwith Keith who if he was a rookie as horrible as he was in the last 2 games would be benched is a bad pairing--it really did not work that well last year,IMO.and Vandermeer played a lot better in the last part of the season when they broke up Vandermeer-Keith to other partners ..but Aucoin-Keuth is a very soft D --so that is no good either...But Seabrook -Kukkonen is the only combo that works even half-well on bad nights and well on good nights --so I do not want to break that duo up..When Barker is back he and Aucoin probably will team up...but that still leaves a Keith-Vandermeer problem --of which vandermeer is not the bigger problem...If they could find a physical 5th d-man to partner Vandermeer as the 3rd pair,Seabrook -Kukkonen become the 1st pair and Barker-Aucoin the 2nd pair--that ought to work better...I cannot see D. Keith in this mix properly--ergo he should be traded if he has any value...Keith doesn't enough offense to justify his defensive liability to the opponents low cycle,and there is no way anyone can call a stellar defensive d-man--so what good is he?--unless you believe he is still learning and will eventually learn to position better and anticipate better...if you think he an become a Brian Campbell and make less mistakes as a result--then you need to live with his mistakes for a few more years till they resolve away..if you want to improve NOW--then getting veteran physical stay at home d-man to partner Vandermeer or a young but more physical D-man to partner him on the 3rd pair would be a better structural change to help the team win more games NOW...
The Hawks simply cannot go through more fiascoes of blowing leads in the final few minutes as teams swarm around their net on the low cycle and pinch --to counter-act that the Hawks neeed more antcipation awareness +better positioning (hopefully Barker) and better physical D-men (Vet via trade or Byfuglien via call-up)
--the Hawks can no longer affor to "run around" in their own zone with Duncan Keith in futility --and himalways ending upin the highlight reel goals as those teams cash in the goals to tie and or beat the Hawks in another 1 goal loss...

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Sandis Ozolinsh, Michal Rozsival if your wanting Veteran Defense.

Thomas Pock or Karel Rachunek if your wanting someone "young"

Lets hear whom youd give him up for...

i'd give him up for a bag of pucks, but that's not the point. I want you to overpay for him (based on your Brian Leetch comparison), so that a year from now i can say that Tallon fleeced the Rangers, just as he did Philly for Calder/Handzus, and SJ/Ottawa for Bell/Havlat. Because honestly, what Blackhawks fan ever would have thought that by getting rid of Calder and Bell, that we'd end up with Havlat and Handzus?

Handzus >>> Calder
Havlat >>>>>>>>> Bell
A skilled Ranger to be traded >>>>>> Keith

The fact that you offered up garbage for Keith proves that you don't think that much of Keith after all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad