The Duncan Keith emo thread

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
Ice time

B. Seabrook D 13:45
L. Kukkonen D 14:43
D. Keith D 27:52
J. Vandermeer D 22:20

Chihuaha on skates and Pylon on skates (with fists) get almost double the ice time than Seabrook/Kukkonen. W_T_F is Yawney thinking.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Keith was just average last night.

That wasn't a weak shot he had on net. He cranked a 1-timer on net but leclaire made a good save.

He was the teams best dman by far in the first game. Where were you then?

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
Keith was terrible last night but he is a good defenseman. Also how can call Vandermeer a pylon?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Seabrook has looked very average so far. He also made a stupid pass that directly resulted in a goal for Columbus. The D in the second just sucked.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I guess I was too distracted by Cullimore's IMMESNSE SUCKINESS to notice Duncan's play... although it sounded like he was pretty much responsible for that one goal.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He had a chance early in the 2nd to score from the slot on the PP but he only gets off a weak wrist shot.

He also makes a cross ice pass in the defensive zone to nobody. He also turns over the puck when he makes a pass from behind the net directly to a BJ player.

Later, he coughs up the puck on the blueline which directly leads to the 4th goal. And on the 5th goal, he skates along almost the entire board in the defensive end with the BJ player just seconds before they score on Khabby.

New season, but the same boneheaded mistakes and judgment.

If you don't want him. We'll take him in Phoenix. No problem.

Ezflow

Jun 27, 2006
Chicago, IL
Keith was just average last night.

That wasn't a weak shot he had on net. He cranked a 1-timer on net but leclaire made a good save.

He was the teams best dman by far in the first game. Where were you then?

Wally, i was in section 330 last night and that must have been the shittiests game of Duncans' life. He was responsible for all 3 goals in the 2nd if memory serves right on a series of what seemed like 5 or 6 turnovers as he either tried to skate himself outta trouble or made a tape to tape pass to a CBJ winger. Yawns should've benched him, but put him right back in there for the 5th goal on the heels of the 4th goal. Give credit to CBJ wingers for being ready and cashing those in. But thats a different game if Yawns puts his *** on the bench. And Cut'emmore needs to be dealt asap, weak spot big time . If that's all experience is good for Keep it!

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
It was just an awful game for the entire hawks team defensively. Shouldn't take too much from it. But it better not be a habit.

hockeytown5

Aug 19, 2005
Toronto
As an outsider looking in, it surprises me that Seabrook hasn't gotten a second of powerplay time this year. Anyone know why that's the case? Wasn't he the Hawks' best scorer from the blueline last year?

It seems that Keith is getting more and more playing time while Seabrook's icetime has been severely cut for whatever reason.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Seabrook has played poorly. Keith has played only somewhat better. The top unit is Aucoin - Hamilton, and Vandermeer - Keith play together in almost every situation.

Odontya

May 24, 2006
I guess I was too distracted by Cullimore's IMMESNSE SUCKINESS to notice Duncan's play... although it sounded like he was pretty much responsible for that one goal.

Obviously his immense suckiness has rubbed off on everyone else.

Ok, so this was Keith's worst game in a very long time. Give him a break. The guy's only 23 and will have a great NHL career ahead of him.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Wally, i was in section 330 last night and that must have been the shittiests game of Duncans' life. He was responsible for all 3 goals in the 2nd if memory serves right on a series of what seemed like 5 or 6 turnovers as he either tried to skate himself outta trouble or made a tape to tape pass to a CBJ winger. Yawns should've benched him, but put him right back in there for the 5th goal on the heels of the 4th goal. Give credit to CBJ wingers for being ready and cashing those in. But thats a different game if Yawns puts his *** on the bench. And Cut'emmore needs to be dealt asap, weak spot big time . If that's all experience is good for Keep it!

Like i said, he didn't have his best game.

He made a few boneheaded passes and lost the puck once trying to leave the zone.

But he also made a lot of nice plays and beat almost everyone to the puck like usual.

It's good that who me only makes a Keith thread everyone once in a while. He makes it every time he has an off game. Which isn't very often.

YANNIC44

Sep 28, 2006
Why has Keith gotten almost all of the PP time when the Hawks invested a ton of money into Aucoin? Aucoin was a horse playing for Laviolette on Long Island and his cannon one timer seems a better fit to build a PP around.

Do the Hawks envision Keith to be the PP QB this year and for the future with Aucoin playing major minutes against other teams top lines and logging big minutes elsewhere?

YANNIC44

Sep 28, 2006
Unless I've got a huge mental block going, isn't Aucoin on the top PP unit with Hamilton?
Not in the early going and especially not in the last game....Keith-Hamilton-Handzus-Havlat-Lapointe has been getting the majority of the PP time as a "unit".

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
hockeytown said:
As an outsider looking in, it surprises me that Seabrook hasn't gotten a second of powerplay time this year. Anyone know why that's the case? Wasn't he the Hawks' best scorer from the blueline last year?

It seems that Keith is getting more and more playing time while Seabrook's icetime has been severely cut for whatever reason.

YANNIC44 said:
Why has Keith gotten almost all of the PP time when the Hawks invested a ton of money into Aucoin? Aucoin was a horse playing for Laviolette on Long Island and his cannon one timer seems a better fit to build a PP around.

Do the Hawks envision Keith to be the PP QB this year and for the future with Aucoin playing major minutes against other teams top lines and logging big minutes elsewhere?

For a possible answer to your questions, please see HankyFourFingers' earlier post.

who_me?

Oct 7, 2003
i think keith must have shagged whom-me's missus or something.....

Let's leave the missus out of this and stick to the topic at hand: Duncan Keith aka Chihuahua on skates

The goals came either on the powerplay or on awful outlet passes gifting CLB possession at the blue line (I'm looking square at you Duncan Keith)

I couldn't have said it any better. :handclap:

xalcyx

#murderskate
Mar 8, 2006
Florida
Let's leave the missus out of this and stick to the topic at hand: Duncan Keith aka Chihuahua on skates

I knew it :teach:
I couldn't have said it any better. :handclap:

and he is responsible for Cullimore taking penalties now?:dunno:
sure he had a bad pass on one goal, but he is hardly at fault for every single one.....

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Keith looked much better last night, back to his old self. Of course almost everyone did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad