TSN: The Drouin Saga Part III "Don't Tell Me What the Poets are Drouin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
"Besides David Desharnais and Darche.. yes."

Do you have an idea why those two would have been left off the hook?

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
The group of cronies on AC gave them their seal of approval.

They criticized Latendresse for not lifting his game to get from the 2nd or 3rd line to the 1st line. It was a shot at Latendresse and very indirectely to his coach....However, if you criticize DD you criticize Therrien. DD has Huge responsibilities in Therrien's system and DD is not lazy. It's a question of use, either you approve of Michel Therrien's use of him or not.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
"Besides David Desharnais and Darche.. yes."

Do you have an idea why those two would have been left off the hook?

My take is that quebecois love underdogs story. There you have it with both of them unlike Latendresse, Ribeiro who were seen as talented and drafted.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I seem to recall Michel Bergeron as the Grand Poobah on l'Antichambre.

Who's the one nobody dares contradict now?

I stopped watching AC about two years ago when I started noticing that anyone who spent any length of time in that studio got dumb all of a sudden. Well maybe not PJ he was dumb going in. :laugh:

I think Tremblay has assumed some of the Grand Poobah's benefits. :laugh:

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
My take is that quebecois love underdogs story. There you have it with both of them unlike Latendresse, Ribeiro who were seen as talented and drafted.

That makes sense.

Every NHL city seems to embrace the hard working 3rd or 4th line guy who was never drafted or drafted very late and has to earn his job all over again every night.

Mario Tremblay sort of fit that mold.

Mr. Everyman that fans like to relate to.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
That makes sense.

Every NHL city seems to embrace the hard working 3rd or 4th line guy who was never drafted or drafted very late and has to earn his job all over again every night.

Mario Tremblay sort of fit that mold.

Mr. Everyman that fans like to relate to.

Tremblay was a 1st round draft pick ...

checkerdome

Oct 31, 2006
Ooops!

I had forgotten that Mario Tremblay had been drafted 12th overall in 1974, so the undrafted or drafted late aspect doesn't apply to him.

Outside of that, he fits the mold.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Ooops!

I had forgotten that Mario Tremblay had been drafted 12th overall in 1974, so the undrafted or drafted late aspect doesn't apply to him.

Outside of that, he fits the mold.

Tremblay also had numbers normally not associated with 3rd or 4th liners, including four 30+ goals season. And his somewhat low production can easily be explained by the fact every damn NHL player would've played 2nd fiddle to Guy Lafleur.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009

Yeah exactly. I dont think it's only Quebecois though. Naturally, a lot of people love the underdog story.

I would also add, Louis Leblanc. Leblanc was also criticized alot in MTL by the French (and English) media. First overall pick.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Yet some of the guys who bash Reway salivate over the thoughts of Jonathan Drouin whose actions might be even more questionable than Reway's.

The Drouin's story affraids me a bit too. I don't know what happened exactly but I know that he did the same thing in th QMJHL (asking for a trade, doesn't want to play for the team that drafted him), and in MAAA too I think.

On the other hand, Dom Ducharme has talked about him the other day on 91.9 and he said that it was easy to work with Drouin, that he's working hard and was a big leader at the end of is junior career.

Don't know.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I have a really hard time hating other people for their career choices. If Drouin doesn't think he's going to get a fair chance to play in Tampa, or he doesn't like it there, he shouldn't waste his time when he can find more success, and probably more happiness, elsewhere. Same with Reway.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
I have a really hard time hating other people for their career choices. If Drouin doesn't think he's going to get a fair chance to play in Tampa, or he doesn't like it there, he shouldn't waste his time when he can find more success, and probably more happiness, elsewhere. Same with Reway.

Fair enough. My problem isn't that he wants to leave. It's more about going public with it and then refusing to play in the AHL. Acting like this has driven his value down, therefore complicating a trade. But I blame Walsh more than him for that.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Fair enough. My problem isn't that he wants to leave. It's more about going public with it and then refusing to play in the AHL. Acting like this has driven his value down, therefore complicating a trade. But I blame Walsh more than him for that.

Was he the one who went public with it originally? I'm fuzzy on that detail.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

You think Walsh told him to sit out?

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Yes, Walsh is the one that went public with the trade demand.

And while I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised he's the one who told him to stop playing in the A.

I'm at the point where, If I was a GM, I'd be hesitant to get players that have Walsh ae an agent. The guys always go and embarrass teams publicly. And I don't think it's helping his clients either. It's ok as an agent to want to fight for them but you gotta ask yourself why he's pretty much the only agent that does **** like that.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Yes, Walsh is the one that went public with the trade demand.

And while I don't know, I wouldn't be surprised he's the one who told him to stop playing in the A.

I'm at the point where, If I was a GM, I'd be hesitant to get players that have Walsh ae an agent. The guys always go and embarrass teams publicly. And I don't think it's helping his clients either. It's ok as an agent to want to fight for them but you gotta ask yourself why he's pretty much the only agent that does **** like that.

Not playing in the A, IF A TRADE WAS INDEED IMMINENT, was not a bad idea, at all.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kid signs a contract to play hockey in Florida for 1-3 million bucks, next thing you know he has to play hockey in Florida for 1-3 million bucks. That is rough wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN JONNY

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Kid signs a contract to play hockey in Florida for 1-3 million bucks, next thing you know he has to play hockey in Florida for 1-3 million bucks. That is rough wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN JONNY

Well... I think you missed the part where he was dispatched to what's probably the snowiest city in North American...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->