The Dangle Podcast

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I come in peace! I know, he's controversial, some like him, some don't. But...

The last episode had Chris Johnston as a guest on a 2+ hour episode. Just head to the l' 40" mark if you are interested in sports. Johnston shows the love he has for sports in a way that really made me smile. Dangle isn't there, the boys talk about: baseball, basketball, hockey, olympics, golf (and one of the best lines I've ever heard)...and the stories were gold. A Jack Nicklaus story at the British Open, oh god, you didn't!

Anyway, just for fun, nothing other than watching a guy who has been there smiling about his memories. I liked it.

drede

Jul 13, 2023
He just had his 2nd baby so no dangle for a bit sounds like

Sep 18, 2009
i thought dangle was the 1st overall bust
1709698553746.png

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
So a member (moi), based solely on posts/likes appears at least to be legit, makes a suggestion to people he wants to see enjoy a moment or two of sports appreciation, and the hoi poloi sit back and whine without watching? And I wonder why listening to much of what passes for informed/thinking commentary on this board is a waste of time? Clever as, you mopes.

Folks, you don't like the content after watching, feel free to shoot the messenger. But, the 'I already know', 'cause...jesus christ, do you not see the absurdity?

Reactions: IPS

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
So a member (moi), based solely on posts/likes appears at least to be legit, makes a suggestion to people he wants to see enjoy a moment or two of sports appreciation, and the hoi poloi sit back and whine without watching? And I wonder why listening to much of what passes for informed/thinking commentary on this board is a waste of time? Clever as, you mopes.

Folks, you don't like the content after watching, feel free to shoot the messenger. But, the 'I already know', 'cause...jesus christ, do you not see the absurdity?
You're right, it is ridiculous. If you don't like the content just take a pass.

Reactions: meefer

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

You know what this place is like....most every writer, broadcaster, podcaster, etc. is an idiot according to the HF Experts.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
You know what this place is like....most every writer, broadcaster, podcaster, etc. is an idiot according to the HF Experts.
I'm not trying to negate anyone's opinion of the ideas presented in the linked pod. I'm just amused and annoyed that people will rag against something they've not viewed. Bitching about something not watched diminishes the value of their comments in all other regards. I value informed, considered opinions. Ignorant offerings, not so much.

We already have a sports media thread, why does this one warrant it's own? I have no problem with people sharing their fav pods or links to interesting media bits, but not sure this requires it's own thread.

I'm going back to yelling at the clouds.

Edit: Link to said thread... Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)
I was unaware of that link. You have my permission to send this that way, or please let me know how to move this thread to that thread. Thank you.

Reactions: wingman75

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

Yeah you're absolutely right on, from the very first Dangle has been absurd, he even stole an exclamation I used to use(dang!) when swearing was forbidden on the chats, if you don't believe me ask "beergirl" or even "Nordic05" 🤔

Joe Rogaine especially, a guy who used to be alright until that bank balance of his crept up past 10m

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
The SDP is really good. Steve’s LFRs are whatever but the podcast is genuinely really good. It’s nice to have a podcast that isn’t littered with politics. Haters gon hate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad