The Cycling Thread

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
I thoroughly dislike Froome, I gotta say. However, I have to grudgingly admit that I respect, and even admire, the new skills he has shown this year. Descending like he did a few stages ago, and then doing what he did with Sagan yesterday. Chapeau.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I don't like Froome as well, but after the grotesque situation happened today, I want him to win it all!

Tour is a gongshow, the motorbikes cannot be this dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :banghead:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The motorbikes have been awful this year, but I honestly don't think this one was their fault. The road is filled with some absolute morons. I'm surprised something like that doesn't happen every year.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Congrats to Froome, but this Tour de France has been the most boring I can recall since I started watching cycling when I was a little kid. No rivals at all, Quintana has been a GHOST and should be ashamed of himself being on the podium. I give Aru a free pass, he tried something but he's not up there yet with the best of the best and in the last real stage he paid the price.
Highlight of this Tour was Froom RUNNING uphill after crashing his bike. Nuff said. :help:
Hopefully next year it will be (way) better, it will not take much though.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Any place I can go for good (relatively long) highlights of the mountain stages and the mountain portions?

I've been really busy and forgot to tape them.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Any place I can go for good (relatively long) highlights of the mountain stages and the mountain portions?

I've been really busy and forgot to tape them.

http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/

If you scroll back through the stages there are always highlight clips and interviews each day. Always the last K, and many times as much as the last 20k-30k will be shown. Multiple languages too. I don't think you are going to find long clips of all the mountains. Not that you need to. As has been said, it was a boring tour. Nobody attacked anywhere. No team made any effort to even try and attack Froome. Boring race.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I would say the activity on this thread reflects the quality of the tour, which was one of the lowest I can remember.

Except Sagan, the resolution of some of the breakaways and two or three moments from Froome this tour has been garbage... ratings showed that and I hope changes are coming.

Also, I can't help but laugh at the super climber Wout Poels is turning on

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Goodbye Tom Boonen, hello Van Avermaet! Paris Roubaix was great as usual, but what Gilbert did in the Tour of Flanders was epic.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Congrats to today's winner....

i-C8HFVV6-XL.jpg

Photo from this year's Tour of California ITT.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
Sagan has been rightfully disqualified from the Tour de France for his ellbow against Cavendish.

Seems awfully harsh to me, Cavendish had already initiated contact and was going down regardless. The elbow looked more to me like Sagan trying to keep his balance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad