GDT: The Curse of Colaiacovo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Wow, Allen is out for a couple weeks with an injury and he comes back still rusty and we get mad at a bad goal or 2. Let him ease back into these games, a couple losses when returning from an injury isn't that bad. Let him get his groove back. The game was lost because no one can score a goal.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Wow, Allen is out for a couple weeks with an injury and he comes back still rusty and we get mad at a bad goal or 2. Let him ease back into these games, a couple losses when returning from an injury isn't that bad. Let him get his groove back. The game was lost because no one can score a goal.

Allen could play every game for the next 5 years and he'd still be mediocre

TomDelonge

Apr 28, 2009
Boulder, CO

Ouch. I will admit I am far from sold on Allen being the answer for the blues in net going in the future long term. Still feel we should be patient with him for a few games to see if he can shake off some of the rust and demonstrate the ability to backstop this team with the same consistency he showed earlier this season before he went down.

I have this nagging sensation his adrenaline kicked in and he powered through that game, but will wake up in the morning realizing he pulled or bruised something. Maybe he was just rusty and that is why he got up so slowly after what looked to be a definitive injury earlier in the game. Just not typical of Allen.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
At least Chicago and Dallas lost too.

Anyone want to talk about Bortuzzo not back checking hard to prevent the GWG?

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
At least Chicago and Dallas lost too.

Anyone want to talk about Bortuzzo not back checking hard to prevent the GWG?

Bortuzzo has been good for us and as many penalties as have been called on him and the whole reckless thing going on I'm willing to cut a bit of slack on that. The camera angle from the Rangers end made it seem worse than it was on that particular play.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Lundqvist was the only reason the Rangers won.

Without him, the Rangers look exactly like the Blues.

I have to agree with this. I look at a couple saves that he absolutely stole the game. Parayko's wrister for one. Jaskin's forehand for two. I don't blame either player for doing a particular thing different. Can't say the results would've been any different. Just Lundqvist doing his thing....

actionhank1786

Nov 6, 2011

Yeah, I don't understand the anger. It's not like he let in a ton of goals. He allowed 2 goals against a good team, and that 2nd goal wasn't until the 3rd. The Blues have to score more. And they need to get good at it before the playoffs get here. They can't keep hoping to make it with 1 and 2 goal games, while our goalies stand on their heads.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

not so sure on that,he's a quality goalie.is he good enough to be the number one without worrying?no,but in a few years he could really grow into his game.hes still years from his prime.if he isn't the answer then we still have binnington/husso as possible strong net options.but for real,I don't think allen did much wrong last night

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
We saw what Allen could be/is during the 1st half of the season. I'm absolutely comfortable with him in the playoffs.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Not worried about Allen at all, I'm worried about our inept offense, again. The fact that Army thinks it's great is pretty alarming

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not worried about Allen at all, I'm worried about our inept offense, again. The fact that Army thinks it's great is pretty alarming

I'm sure he is worried, I don't see him "panicking" to the fans. How anybody couldn't be concerned is beyond reason

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
We saw what Allen could be/is during the 1st half of the season. I'm absolutely comfortable with him in the playoffs.

Allen stood on his head the first 20 games or so and then came back to earth.

I'm no way blaming the loss on Allen. I think he'll never be more than an average goalie at best.

The Blues could win with that if they had a better than avg offense.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Allen stood on his head the first 20 games or so and then came back to earth.

I'm no way blaming the loss on Allen. I think he'll never be more than an average goalie at best.

The Blues could win with that if they had a better than avg offense.
He played solid in every game except the 1st ranger game and Montreal. Montreal feasts on Allen

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

I'm worried about his health. When he went down and was slow to get back up I was very scared.

I'm also worried about his playoff history.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Bortuzzo has been good for us and as many penalties as have been called on him and the whole reckless thing going on I'm willing to cut a bit of slack on that. The camera angle from the Rangers end made it seem worse than it was on that particular play.

I like Bortuzzo a lot. He has been a very servicable 3rd pairing guy and the physicality, size, and tenacity he brings to the lineup is awesome. He even brings some offense and isn't scared to carry the puck up ice and get shots on net. The penalties are an issue, for whatever reason he gets a lot of attention from the refs.

https://www.nhl.com/video/t-278700136/c-41837003

^^^On this play tho, I have an issue with his back checking. Looks to me like he skates hard to the blue line then lets up. If he goes hard all the way to the net then there's a good chance he picks up Kreider and breaks up the GWG before it happens.

FWIW I thought Allen played fine. I have no issue with the 2 goals he let up. The first goal he did not have any chance IMO. It would be great if he could bail up out on the second goal, but that's not on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad