WJC: The Curious Case Of Cale Makar

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean, not in this 1.5 page thread, I figured it was obvious I was talking about yesterday's GDT
Yes...I did figure that one out. My point still stands that overwhelmingly everyone has been positive about Makar with pretty much everything he has done and I really didn't notice much criticism of him on that play. Just a really odd complaint lol You must not know that resident Canadian fans favorite whipping boy Jake Bean was on the team or something if you think Makar got treated unfairly somehow :laugh:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yes...I did figure that one out. My point still stands that overwhelmingly everyone has been positive about Makar with pretty much everything he has done and I really didn't notice much criticism of him on that play. Just a really odd complaint lol You must not know that resident Canadian fans favorite whipping boy Jake Bean was on the team or something if you think Makar got treated unfairly somehow :laugh:

Hahaha, the only problem with that is that I think Bean actually deserves the criticism lol

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
I'll give you points for at least trying to answer the question. Not sure I'm buying what you're selling, but at least it's a hypothesis with some logic to it.

I’m not sure I totally believe what I was trying to sell honestly but I thought I’d give it a go as to why it could be that way.

Reactions: Statsy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Makar by far the best D-Man in the tourney!
He wasn't the best dman in the tourney. He wasnt even the best on Canada. I thought they used him well. They were able to get some offensive production from him without him costing us in the defensive zone. I really wish guys would let this go. Everyone is so hung up on offensive players that they neglect to look at the big picture.

Reactions: Pouliot

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
He got backed in way to deep and let the Swede carrying the puck just walk in. I mean the Canadians got mixed up pretty bad on coverage in general on that goal so it wasn't just Makar that made a mistake but he definitely didn't play it well.
Definitely true. A bit of a broken play defensively after Katchouk decided to go for the hit.
Makar decided to try and take away the passing lane and did a poor job of it. Causing Hart to play indecisive instead of challenging the shooter.
Kid still made a nice shot.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Ducharme is an idiot coach who's team won in spite of him.
It's crazy how an "idiot" coach was within a shootout win of back to back golds with two of the least hyped up teams in decades for Canada :laugh: "He duun play ma prospecs thooo." The narrow mindedness of some people here is astounding. You have a coach that gets results....but he didn't play some shiny toy enough to satisfy the arm chairs and he isn't a good coach. Amazing really.

Reactions: Dodospice

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
It's crazy how an "idiot" coach was within a shootout win of back to back golds with two of the least hyped up teams in decades for Canada :laugh: "He duun play ma prospecs thooo." The narrow mindedness of some people here is astounding. You have a coach that gets results....but he didn't play some shiny toy enough to satisfy the arm chairs and he isn't a good coach. Amazing really.
Okay, just for the record, I started this thread and at no point did I ever say that Ducharme was stupid, nor is Makar my team's prospect. I was just having serious problems reconciling the short-shifting of Makar while they were simultaneously calling him one of the team's three best players. It just doesn't add up.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Okay, just for the record, I started this thread and at no point did I ever say that Ducharme was stupid, nor is Makar my team's prospect. I was just having serious problems reconciling the short-shifting of Makar while they were simultaneously calling him one of the team's three best players. It just doesn't add up.
I know and I wasn't addressing that towards you. Was to the poster I quoted and a generally opinion I have noticed from some around the forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->