Speculation: The Coaching Search (Friedman: Ruff to be next HC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think Berube meets all the requirements that Adams voiced yesterday.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
The more research I do, the more I come around on Gallant. I'd kind of prefer him to Berube, at least, as far as how his teams played, etc.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Berube is interesting because I always end up at the same spot with it

On one hand I’m not at all sure he’s a fit to coach a system that fits the key personnel here.

On the other hand…he’s going to be really mean to them when I want someone to be really mean to them.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The more research I do, the more I come around on Gallant. I'd kind of prefer him to Berube, at least, as far as how his teams played, etc.

Berube is interesting because I always end up at the same spot with it

On one hand I’m not at all sure he’s a fit to coach a system that fits the key personnel here.

On the other hand…he’s going to be really mean to them when I want someone to be really mean to them.

From the digging I've done, it seems like the most common complaint about Berube is his lack of Xs and Os....that Ott seemed to be the Xs and Os guy behind the bench. That hasn't really been a major complaint about Gallant.

That's why I lean toward Gallant over Berube.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
I may be in the minority here, but I'd rather not have Lindy back as coach. I know it could happen, but if I had my 'druthers, I'd pick someone else.

I don't want this team to become like the Sabres of old. That era is over and gone. This is a perfect opportunity to establish a new identity, a new team. Get a coach with no ties to Buffalo, and let them create a "new" Sabres team if you will.

Get the entire team to play a 200' game, unleash the offense, improve the PP, etc. Get us back into the playoffs, and a contender for years to come, and don't look back.

No matter what coach they hire, they'll all have complaints about them. It's a coaching carousel. Pick one with a proven record of winning, especially in the playoffs. One of Boudreau, Gallant, Berube, Sullivan, or RBA please.

Move forward, look ahead - use lessons learned, and build a winning roster.

Now, get out there and win baby, win!

Reactions: Tatanka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad