The Chronicles of Young Jaromir Jagr: 1992 Patrick Division Final Game 5

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
First two plays are Vanbiesbrouk making two great saves, he was a competitor.
That penalty shot goal was so automatic. Big difference between when a guy is in the zone during a game and in the shootout. I remember Jagr not wanting to be put in the shootout.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I will say, with the risk of being rebuked by the experts, that Jagr is the best player of all time. He's certainly my favorite.

Nerowoy nora tolad

May 9, 2018
Gladstone, Australia
I will say, with the risk of being rebuked by the experts, that Jagr is the best player of all time. He's certainly my favorite.
IDK, even if you adjust for how competitive and focused Jagrs era was, Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr will still come out on top.

IMO even if you teleport prime Gretzky to 2019, his stickhandling and passing abilities are still the best in the league for 2019. He would need to increase his jump a lot to handle the modern games speed, but his era wasnt that slow that he couldnt adapt.

I feel like the point where most players become comparable in absolute all time terms is somewhere in the middle to late O6 Era. A guy like Howie Morenz was impressive, and has definitely earned his legacy when you factor in how significant he was for his era but I cant imagine him being a star in 2019 NHL based on just his skating abilities. A guy like Tony Esposito though? I could easily see him being an NHL starter given time to adjust to the current era for equipment, rules, styles, etc.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Everyone talks about the Francis blue line goal from game 4 of the '92 Patrick Finals, but Jagr's game winning goal was the turning point of this series- that was the moment NYR never recovered from.

scott clam

Sep 12, 2018
You can call him the strongest player of all time if you want, and you won't be wrong. Strongest with the puck anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad