The Chris Kunitz Thread! Now with more laziness

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just curious, but Pittsburgh may be looking to try to move Kunitz to clear up some cap space. I am wondering if Sabres fans would consider a trade centered around Kunitz for Mike Weber. If so who adds? Weber is a free agent next summer.

The Pens already have 9 defensemen that are fighting for 6 spots. You want to add a 10th?

You want Weber? Someone better be wanting Lovejoy + Scuderi.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
Mattias more suited to playing on the wing. Speed, strength, drives the net and can cycle. He is pretty physical as well. Not much playmaking/creativity to speak off, not good at face offs. Will get lots of chances, will finish on less of them than he should.

If you have another player taking face offs he can be used on the 3rd line in an energy/defensive role.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I was thinking that he would be cheap, we clear away Kunitz's contract. He is only 29, a leader on his team and could help as a veteran presence. I guess I should have mentioned that I would want to try to trade Scuderi to anyone willing to give up a draft pick for him.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Honestly, as long as his health permits, I'd rather have Dupuis as the third wheel with Crosby and Kessel. Kunitz has turned into a dog, whereas at least Dupuis gives max effort each shift and can cause turnovers. Plus he's got the speed to keep up with the other two. Kunitz looked slow last year.

I really don't like a scenario where Kunitz is still on the team come September. I just think he (along with Scuderi) is someone the team needs to move on from, even if it's a minimal return.

Debatable. WE honestly don't know what kind of Dupuis we're gonna be getting this September. Keep in mind that this is a 36 year old that has played only a handful of hockey games in the last 2 seasons.

A major component of Dupuis' game is his speed and acceleration. Will he still be as fast as we remembered him to be?

Another important aspect is his stamina. He missed almost an entire season due to a blood clot in his lung. Will he still be the same sparkplug buzzing around the ice like he was before?

I wouldn't be so quick to place Dupuis ahead of Kunitz in the pecking order just YET.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad