Pre-Game Talk: The Bus Arrives from Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
IMO the Sens need a spark from some of the rising stars in Binghamton. The lacklustre play of Ryan, and Stone's wrist injury have hamstrung the offence. We have some talent like Shane Prince, Ryan Dzingel, Cole Schneider, Buddy Robinson and Chris Wideman who are available for Sunday's game against the Habs. Why keep on hoping that Ryan will miraculously rebound and score a goal? IMO he needs to give up his spot for the sake of the team, or at least slide down to 4th line minutes. I would play Prince on Sunday...before it's TOO LATE.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There
No. These are the guys that got the team here, they're the ones to get it done. The series isn't over until one of two teams wins four. Keep calm and Karlss-on.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
url-17.gif

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
No. These are the guys that got the team here, they're the ones to get it done. The series isn't over until one of two teams wins four. Keep calm and Karlss-on.

I'm not living in the fantasy-world where Bobby Ryan is PPG right now...change is needed IMO. I want to see Sens actually BEAT THE HABS. Don't care if Ryan's feelings or confidence are micro-bruised.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Can we move this to the "Fickle HFSens Fans Apparently Hates Bobby Ryan" thread?

Ugh.

Ryan is only the most obvious problem. My issue is about RAMPING UP THE OFFENSE. Adding Prince, and maybe even Wideman...

We are not getting enough scoring to beat Habs. Can't afford to play broken toys.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Ryan is only the most obvious problem. My issue is about RAMPING UP THE OFFENSE. Adding Prince, and maybe even Wideman...

We are not getting enough scoring to beat Habs. Can't afford to play broken toys.

That is not how you coach hockey at the NHL level.

a) You don't bench your stars, unless they're so hurt that they can't play, or unless you're committed to trading them in the offseason, and
b) You don't add multiple players with zero NHL experience and almost no familiarity with a new system, and then expect instant offence in a playoff atmosphere from the very first game.

Cougar Guy

Apr 13, 2015
I have a feeling that we and the Habs are going to see a very different team tonight. Not all that different from a personnel standpoint, but from an energy and determination point of view. CTC is going to be going bonkers and the team will feed off of that.

Let's defend home ice and get it done!

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I have a feeling that we and the Habs are going to see a very different team tonight. Not all that different from a personnel standpoint, but from an energy and determination point of view. CTC is going to be going bonkers and the team will feed off of that.

Let's defend home ice and get it done!

I hope we do see A DIFFERENT TEAM tonight...with several DIFFERENT PLAYERS (Neil, Prince)

Blotto71

May 12, 2013
Over There
I'm not living in the fantasy-world where Bobby Ryan is PPG right now...change is needed IMO. I want to see Sens actually BEAT THE HABS. Don't care if Ryan's feelings or confidence are micro-bruised.

Ryan alone is not the issue. Allowing Montreal to carry the play and get 42 shots on net is a "team" issue. The only change I MIGHT make is in net and only if I really felt Hammond's confidence was shot.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Ryan alone is not the issue. Allowing Montreal to carry the play and get 42 shots on net is a "team" issue. The only change I MIGHT make is in net and only if I really felt Hammond's confidence was shot.

Well, I may be wrong. Either way, I want Sens to beat Habs badly tonite. I hope we get more pressure on their D, and get more big tall guys in Price's crease. Go Sens Go!

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
IMO the Sens need a spark from some of the rising stars in Binghamton. The lacklustre play of Ryan, and Stone's wrist injury have hamstrung the offence. We have some talent like Shane Prince, Ryan Dzingel, Cole Schneider, Buddy Robinson and Chris Wideman who are available for Sunday's game against the Habs. Why keep on hoping that Ryan will miraculously rebound and score a goal? IMO he needs to give up his spot for the sake of the team, or at least slide down to 4th line minutes. I would play Prince on Sunday...before it's TOO LATE.

Replace the NHL players that got you to the playoffs with AHL players that are available because they didn't make the playoffs.
:help:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That is not how you coach hockey at the NHL level.

a) You don't bench your stars, unless they're so hurt that they can't play, or unless you're committed to trading them in the offseason, and
b) You don't add multiple players with zero NHL experience and almost no familiarity with a new system, and then expect instant offence in a playoff atmosphere from the very first game.

Doesn't Richardson have the Bingo kids playing the same system as we have up here?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Bruins called up Krug during the playoffs in 2013 and that worked out rather well: he was all world when he first showed up and then, expectedly, seriously cooled off

Blotto71

May 12, 2013
Over There
The Bruins called up Krug during the playoffs in 2013 and that worked out rather well: he was all world when he first showed up and then, expectedly, seriously cooled off

The Sens "playoffs" started 30 games prior to the end of the season, called up Hammond and got a great boost from him. Time for the guys that have the contracts to get the job to, you know, get the job done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino