The Boogeyman makes the Wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Looks like Derek Boogaard will make his NHL debut in Calgary. Of course, having Gaborik, O'Sullivan, and Koivu hurt helped make this possible, but who would have guessed when he was drafted that he'd ever skate a shift in the NHL.

Minnesota's probable opening lineup of forwards, per the St. Paul Pioneer Press:

a checking unit of Walz between Stephane Veilleux and Matt Foy; Marc Chouinard centering Alexandre Daigle and Pascal Dupuis; Todd White centering Derek Boogaard and Kyle Wanvig; and Rolston back at center with Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Andrei Nazarov.

Welcome to Minnesota Todd White - you won't be skating with the likes of Alfredsson any mooorrrrre!

Last edited:

Avery4Byng*

:shakehead This guy is/was one of THE WORST skaters and hockey players I have ever seen. Although he is big and rather tough..... WOW.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
Bookman said:
a checking unit of Walz between Stephane Veilleux and Matt Foy; Marc Chouinard centering Alexandre Daigle and Pascal Dupuis; Todd White centering Derek Boogaard and Kyle Wanvig; and Rolston back at center with Pierre-Marc Bouchard and Andrei Nazarov.

uhhhhhhhhhhh...so which is the first line? seriously, that is pretty scary :amazed:

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
incawg said:
uhhhhhhhhhhh...so which is the first line? seriously, that is pretty scary :amazed:

umm the one with... ummm... is there another option?
which line has shultz on it? that would be my guess for top line

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Daigle - Choiunard - Dupuis
Bouchard - Rolston - Nazarov
Veilleux - Walz - Foy (could be first line)
Boogaard - White - Wanvig

Boogaard looked damn good in his preseason game against Chicago. He has a ways to go but at least he's getting a good taste of the NHL and hopefulyl next year he'll stick.

Not a BAD roster against a physical Calgary team either.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Not a BAD roster against a physical Calgary team either.
The roster is bad-decent, but it is Lemaire so who knows.

Also, isn't Todd White still out with a concussion?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
With the exception of Walz and Bouchard, that's a really, really BIG lineup. No one's gonna mess with the likes of them.

Still, I felt Minny made a mistake when they added some size to the lineup at the expense of their speed last season. I can't imagine Boogaard and Chouinard are all that fast.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
MrMastodonFarm said:
The roster is bad-decent, but it is Lemaire so who knows.

Also, isn't Todd White still out with a concussion?

Got me, maybe he won't be playing a lot...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Av-merican said:
With the exception of Walz and Bouchard, that's a really, really BIG lineup. No one's gonna mess with the likes of them.

Still, I felt Minny made a mistake when they added some size to the lineup at the expense of their speed last season. I can't imagine Boogaard and Chouinard are all that fast.

Boogaard isn't fast but he isn't THAT slow by any means. He has gotten better over the years and with training in the different leagues (ECHL, AHL)...I don't see the problem with Boogaard. I mean guys like Brooksbank, Peters, and other enforcers have made it into the NHL. They all have to start somewhere. I like Boogaard, personally over Nazarov and Johnson.

The problem is, Minnesota is missing some guys so until then, these call-ups and such are all that we are relying on. Voloshenko, Olvecky, and the others aren't ready.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Keep in mind that in a month or so, the names Boogaard, Foy and Wanvig will likely be replaced by Gaborik, Koivu, O'Sullivan - less size, much more speed and skill.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Dirk316 said:
A useless talentless good for nothing stupid goon :shakehead
This spot should be used for a 16yr european prospect with a viser!!

I could say that about any enforcer in the NHL...

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
I'm really ashamed to be a Wild fan today. This kid should never skate a shift in the NHL as far as I'm concerned. All 3 Hansen brothers rolled into one, but with none of their skill.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
^ Not really Thing...He isn't Puriton :D...Boogaard has a year or two to go. I don't remember him doing ANYTHING that dirty and his skating has picked up in the last couple of years.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
DoobieDoobieDo said:
^ Not really Thing...He isn't Puriton :D...Boogaard has a year or two to go. I don't remember him doing ANYTHING that dirty and his skating has picked up in the last couple of years.

Haha didn't he punch some goalie after a game who was trying to pickup the game puck?

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Hell no! Boogaard, as I said, needs some seasoning in the AHL...but he's come a long way.

I'd hate to see it when it was bad then. IMHO, Boggy, Foy, Wanvig, and Veilluex have no business on NHL squads. :shakehead

That being said, these players, including Burns and Koivu really grew on me last year and I will root on the side for the Wild. But with a line-up like the one posted earlier, it doesn't make my Caps look as bad. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad