The Big Picture (NHL team salaries since 1994)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
bigpicture.gif

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Whoever made that graph is clearly unstable. Atleast use a bar graph if your going to have that many different elements in it.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
nyr7andcounting said:
Whoever made that graph is clearly unstable. Atleast use a bar graph if your going to have that many different elements in it.
I think it is more intended to show the disparity between the team salaries 1994-present.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
shows that some teams have come into the league and have never really improved financially and shows some teams that have gone from top to bottom. Look at Pitt, almost #1 in 94, if not #1 I can't tell, and now they are right down near the bottom.

I think this just shows that until the bottom markets improve their revenues, theres no where for the league to go. Hopefully there situation improves soon, hopefully this cap will help that a little.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
450% mass raise for all NHL players since 1992-3.

50% decrease in entertainment value of the sport since 1992-3.

I believe ticket prices increased on average 33-35% since 1995-6, probably closer to 40-45% since 1992-3.

In short: Fans pay more, get less, and they ALL make out like bandits, from salaries to building perks to TV deals.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
nyr7andcounting said:
Actually, the creator of the graph is correct. You always use a line graph to indicate trends. Bar graphs should never be used to show this due to the inaccuarcies in viewing it......the creator should have subdivided it into sub-graphs though to make it easier on the eyes.

Sorry, but it was something from a graduate course fcousing on business communication methodology....had to chime in.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
nyr7andcounting said:
shows that some teams have come into the league and have never really improved financially and shows some teams that have gone from top to bottom. Look at Pitt, almost #1 in 94, if not #1 I can't tell, and now they are right down near the bottom.

I think this just shows that until the bottom markets improve their revenues, theres no where for the league to go. Hopefully there situation improves soon, hopefully this cap will help that a little.
yea, pitt had the highest payroll around 1992-93.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad