Prospect Info: The Big Mac Thread - Part 2 - Extra Bacon Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
a third line of DLR , him and another quick midget would be great...or another big player...a mini legend of doom.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
a third line of DLR , him and another quick midget would be great...or another big player...a mini legend of doom.

Legion of Doom would be
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-McCarron

plus:
Sekac-Plekanec-Gallagher
Scherbak-Eller-Thomas
Bournival-DeLaRose-Weise
Desharnais

Some of the wingers can be switched around according to who is hot and who we are playing against.

Last edited:

bouquet

Mar 30, 2014
Québec
McCarron does remind me a bit of John LeClair but to clarify it was Legion of Doom.

they were impressive.

And i find that we could beat every team in Playoff with that. Tampa bay and the NY teams are good but they would be overwhelmed by that. :)

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
crop_8381093_27_1422383451.jpeg

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=753986

“The big thing is Michael’s strong down the middle. He controls the middle of the ice and plays great off the cycle. He’s getting better and better defensively. He’s winning draws, making plays, picking up passes in traffic. He’s playing tough, too. He just gives us a presence every time he’s out there,” praised Generals head coach, DJ Smith

“He’s got a big personality. He’s a good teammate. The guys like him. He wants to stick up for his buddies. He’ll have no issues in an NHL locker room.”

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-p...michael-mccarron-fighting-his-way-to-the-nhl/

“They told me to work on my foot speed and get quicker and to be able to play with the pace of the NHL for 82 games. They wanted me to get into better shape, and I feel I’ve done that. I had a pretty good off-season working out with Bo Horvat and Jared Tinordi. They’re great guys and we all push each other” McCarron said.

“I want to be like Milan Lucic. He’s a tough guy and guys are scared of him, but everybody respects him. He’s been in the league quite a long time, he came into the league as a fourth line grinder and worked his way up and I feel if I am going to make the NHL that’s what I am going to have to do” McCarron said.

Lots of quotes by Martin Lapointe as well.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
It will always be nice to see McCarron succeed after the doom-and-gloom committee on this site celebrated his struggles in his first year in London. There were a lot of angry, bitter, irrational posters who were just thrilled to see McCarron having a hard time.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
It will always be nice to see McCarron succeed after the doom-and-gloom committee on this site celebrated his struggles in his first year in London. There were a lot of angry, bitter, irrational posters who were just thrilled to see McCarron having a hard time.

i remember this too

god i was so sick of reading all the ******** on mccarron, now hes everyones cup of tea and im pretty glad about it honestly

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
If Oshawa chokes and gets eliminated you may see this kid in the playoffs for the Habs.

savard95

May 9, 2014
Montréal
Playing for London, a top tier team, and the Oshawa, arguably the best team in the CHL, really helped building confidence for Mike. I believe he'll play in the AHL next year and I hope he can play with guys like Hudon and Ghetto(if he's not in the NHL). Next year will be a big year for him. We'll see if he can be an offensive threat agaisn't men.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Guys like McCarron generally great height and quickness of NHL game hurdle he will need to get over. Could be another Briggs or Crisp. Guys look like NHL material in junior but wheels fell off in AHL.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Guys like McCarron generally great height and quickness of NHL game hurdle he will need to get over. Could be another Briggs or Crisp. Guys look like NHL material in junior but wheels fell off in AHL.

its Biggs btw...and this kid McCaron kid could turn out to be the Next Lucic or Leclair, don't know why we always have to temper our expectations with our prospects. He's a first round draft pick that's doing well in juniors, why would I expect less of him, better tell Arizona not to get to excited about Domi, he may turn out to be another Esposito, I mean how preposterous does that sound....sorry, it's just my Sunday morning rant lol

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

One thing about McCarron is he has a hell of a release already, so that bodes well for him as he moves up to the professional level.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal

Crisp has barely played this season in his rookie AHL season due to injuries and suspensions. I don't get why he was compared to Biggs.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It will be very interesting to see how he adjusts to the pro game next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles since he does look raw at times but on the other hand he brings something we so sorely need that hopefully he can continue to make progress. If he can be a solid forward that brings the physical game, goes to the net hard, screens the goalie, chips in on offense, plays a sound defensive game and overall uses his size well then I think he's going to bring a lot of good things in time. But we'll need to see how next year goes and take a step with each season as it's not a race but as long as he can help us within a couple seasons then good for us.

Personally I've been very high on him since seeing him for the first time at the Team USA summer camp right after he was drafted. While he may not be the best prospect, he brings something we need so badly that I can't wait to see him in action. But with prospects, you never know how they will continue to progress, some plateau while others get better. For me one big area of concern is what management does to address the issues of the lack of development in our farm system. I think they should bring in someone that can do a better job since we are looking at having our 2 best prospects incoming to Hamilton next year so I hope for their sake they have a new coach.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
its Biggs btw...and this kid McCaron kid could turn out to be the Next Lucic or Leclair, don't know why we always have to temper our expectations with our prospects. He's a first round draft pick that's doing well in juniors, why would I expect less of him, better tell Arizona not to get to excited about Domi, he may turn out to be another Esposito, I mean how preposterous does that sound....sorry, it's just my Sunday morning rant lol

It's McCarron btw. Just busting your balls ;)

It will be very interesting to see how he adjusts to the pro game next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he struggles since he does look raw at times but on the other hand he brings something we so sorely need that hopefully he can continue to make progress. If he can be a solid forward that brings the physical game, goes to the net hard, screens the goalie, chips in on offense, plays a sound defensive game and overall uses his size well then I think he's going to bring a lot of good things in time. But we'll need to see how next year goes and take a step with each season as it's not a race but as long as he can help us within a couple seasons then good for us.

Personally I've been very high on him since seeing him for the first time at the Team USA summer camp right after he was drafted. While he may not be the best prospect, he brings something we need so badly that I can't wait to see him in action. But with prospects, you never know how they will continue to progress, some plateau while others get better. For me one big area of concern is what management does to address the issues of the lack of development in our farm system. I think they should bring in someone that can do a better job since we are looking at having our 2 best prospects incoming to Hamilton next year so I hope for their sake they have a new coach.

With our coaching situation in Hamilton I'm not going to lie it is a concern, but I don't doubt McCarron will bounce back even if he struggles in his first season. With guys like Scherbak also making it to Hamilton, odds are in his favor that the team will be better next year too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With our coaching situation in Hamilton I'm not going to lie it is a concern, but I don't doubt McCarron will bounce back even if he struggles in his first season. With guys like Scherbak also making it to Hamilton, odds are in his favor that the team will be better next year too.

I can agree with that as it makes sense, I just hope that management looks at the situation and sees that they have their 2 best prospects incoming and can they find someone better then they have in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad