• Carter Verhaeghe

Votes: 49 59.0%

• Total voters

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
As these two might very well meet in the Stanley Cup finals, it’s interesting to see that they share similar career stories.

Both had to really battle through the minors to get their big league chance, both are Tampa Bay Lightning rejects, both found their team and never looked back.

Who do you think had a better story and ultimately became a better player ?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Marchessault. That dude is not even drafted. Verhaeghe is classic Leafs fumble. LOL.

eh I agree this is Marchessault but Verhaeghe was far from just Toronto

Tampa didn't even give him a qualifying offer because they weren't willing to work out a way to pay him even what his 13 points in 52 games rookie season could net him in arbitration, and then he probably didn't have very many other teams interested in him afterwards either because he only signed for a 2 year $1m AAV deal in free agency with the Panthers and immedietely put up 36 points in 43 games in the shortened season his first year there

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
eh I agree this is Marchessault but Verhaeghe was far from just Toronto

Tampa didn't even give him a qualifying offer because they weren't willing to work out a way to pay him even what his 13 points in 52 games rookie season could net him in arbitration, and then he probably didn't have very many other teams interested in him afterwards either because he only signed for a 2 year $1m AAV deal in free agency with the Panthers and immedietely put up 36 points in 43 games in the shortened season his first year there

Don’t forget the Islanders, who traded him for Kristers Gudļevskis

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think Marchessault has the better story simply because it involved times everyone could laugh at Florida.

Also, yeah, undrafted.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I don't think people realize how little you have to be thought of by the hockey consensus to play in the Q as a 20 lol. This is Marschssault by a mile.

Reactions: Dutronc

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Uh? Verhaeghe's trajectory is a pretty typical trajectory for a mid-round pick who ends up becoming an impact player, which he is.

Marchessault's situation was entirely different.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I prefer Verhaege but Marchy's rise was far more unique & impressive (not to take anything away from CV)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad