The Best American Player of All-Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
mcphee said:
Howe was great at stepping in from the point. He had a wrist shot a lot like Deis Potvin's. I'd take Howe too, but for a period of time, the ice seemed to tilt when Langway was on, and he usually was. You'd consider Howe Philly's best D man ever wouldn't you ? I can't think of anyone else offhand.

Yes, Howe gets a slight nod over Desjardins.

When the Flyers were great during the mid/late-80's (possibly that best team ever to not win a Stanley Cup) they were always having all kinds of injury troubles. They always found away to get by, unless Howe was injured. When he was gone the entire team would fall apart.

Kerr and the goaltending (Lindbergh/Hextall) is what most remember from those teams. Howe and Propp were clearly the two best players, and IMO two of the most underrated from the 1980's.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
In no particular order give me the following over Mullen:

Howe, Langway, Chelios, Leetch, Richter, Barasso, Brimsek, Roenick, Modano, LaFontaine and Tkachuk.

Other right with Mullen: Broten, Vanbiesbrouck

Maybe my Memories of Mullen playing for the Blues when I was a youngster scewed my view a bit. I think he could still be top 1o though. top 5 I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad