The best 2007 in 3rd-7th round ?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
As the hockey season is progressing, who do you think can be the best pick from 3rd to 7th round of 2006 draft ? Could we talk about some player as a steal by now ?
For the Caps, Mathieu Perreault (6th round, 177th overall) has been a pleasant suprise.

He had a good playoff run prior to the draft and has came out of the gate firing on all cylinders. He's currently the leading scorer in the Q. He's got a while to go before he's an out-and-out steal but his stock has improved considerably since the draft.

shadowwolf

Mar 21, 2006
mass.
Ben ferrriero,a seventh round pick (196) for phoenix. Second in team scoring and first in goals for boston collage.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
No big steal though...

Why? Barring a shocking turn of events, he'll be the highest scoring defenseman in the USHL this year and looks bound to have a great college career at North Dakota. He could end up being a guy that should have been drafted in let's say the second round.

KH1

You've gotta like the play of Rhett Rakhshani, who had a very strong U-18 tournament and Tomas Marcinko, who is producing at nearly a PPG pace in the OHL.

Those are homer picks to be sure but they could end up being good players on Long Island.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
It would seem that Jeff Zatkoff (3rd Round LA) has a good chance at starting or playing at WJC. When drafted LA said he was their second highest rated golie in the draft. Should be interesting

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Ryan white 3rd by montreal and alex biega 5th rd by buffalo

Alex Biega is a mega-steal. The habs drafted Valentenko instead of him in the 5th round. That's a huge mistake, giving the fact that Biega is from Montreal and he's almost as good, or even better, than Fischer from what I understand.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Alex Biega is a mega-steal. The habs drafted Valentenko instead of him in the 5th round. That's a huge mistake, giving the fact that Biega is from Montreal and he's almost as good, or even better, than Fischer from what I understand.

I just looked at Biega's stats and he's the scoring leader at Harvard... I know it's only stats, but I think it's revealing how good Alex is.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Jan Mursak of the Saginaw Spirit, sixth-round pick of the Red Wings, has 13 goals and 32 assists in 29 games, not to mention a plus-21 rating.

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
Ryan White-Montreal 66th overall. Heading for 90 points in only his 3rd WHL season, but more importantly, the heart and soul of his team......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad