OT: ~The Beer, Spirits, & Nightlife Thread V5~ Time For Good Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I made it out to Draai Laag and picked up a few bottles. Very easy to get to, literally right off the Milvale exit on 28.

Grabbed bottles of their Winter Goedenacht and Grimace.

Need to go. Every single one i have at Butter Joint is enjoyable. I've had "Cru" in a bottle though and wasn't happy. It's much better in draft.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Saw Graeme of Thrones last night at the Byham. It was hilarious. If you are a fan of GoT, but also like parody, slapstick, and toilet humor, this is worth seeing.

We went to Pork & Beans afterwards, which was our first time. Great draft list and cool menu. The meat is served family style. We got the brisket and it was very tender and flavorful. Potato wedges were excellent too. This place has a super hipster vibe to it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
We went to Pork & Beans afterwards, which was our first time. Great draft list and cool menu. The meat is served family style. We got the brisket and it was very tender and flavorful. Potato wedges were excellent too. This place has a super hipster vibe to it.

I really enjoyed the collard greens, which is the first time I ever had any.

As for the hipsterness of the place, I feel that all of those retaurants (tako, Meat and Potatoes, Butcher and the Rye, and so on) have that vibe. I mean, Meat and Potatoes had a ****ing DJ playing during brunch when I went with the GF and her family.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I had a Neapolitan blend of strawberry ale and tiramisu last night. Yes, quite odd for my first post on a Pens board but I do not care :)

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I had a Neapolitan blend of strawberry ale and tiramisu last night. Yes, quite odd for my first post on a Pens board but I do not care :)

Look for Saugatuk's Neopolitan milk stout. Really interesting but good.

I enjoyed Pork and Beans when we went a few months back. We had the pastrami pork belly in addition to the brisket.

Both beers I picked up from Draai Laag were excellent.

I'm not sure what to drink for the game tonight. Might have to pick some thing up. Anyone else have something interesting lined up to drink?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

I enjoyed Pork and Beans when we went a few months back. We had the pastrami pork belly in addition to the brisket.

I'm not sure what to drink for the game tonight. Might have to pick some thing up. Anyone else have something interesting lined up to drink?

Not anything I got specifically for the game, but I have two of these left:

Three Floyd's Space Station: Middle Finger Pale Ale
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/91358/

Also two of these:

Platform Shanghai Noon Gose
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/36487/271540/

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Does Dogfish Head brew anything decent anymore? Seems like everything they come up with these days is some whacky fruit beer made for chicks.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I was drinking some of their Seaquench Ale last night. Session sour with lime and sea salt. Not very sour but it's a nice easy drinking beer.

Randallooch

Sep 4, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

I had that Saugatuck Neapolitan once at a restaurant on McKnight and was so pleasantly surprised by it. Had a nice taste and mouthfeel. I haven't been able to find it for purchase.

As far as Dogfish Head goes, they have a seasonal Breakfast Stout that I absolutely loved. I got alot of coffee, smoked meat, and maple from the taste.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
A lot of beer made with fruit is great. Unless we're talking about lime vomit Budweiser, of course.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
A lot of beer made with fruit is great. Unless we're talking about lime vomit Budweiser, of course.

I'm sure it's great to experiment with. But when I think about Dogfish Head I always think about their stellar IPA's, Indian Brown Ale, Palo Santo Marron Ale, World Wide Stout, Burton Baton, all their ancient brews. Now I feel like they abandoned their roots just to appeal to a bigger market. Just my opinion though.

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I had that Saugatuck Neapolitan once at a restaurant on McKnight and was so pleasantly surprised by it. Had a nice taste and mouthfeel. I haven't been able to find it for purchase.

As far as Dogfish Head goes, they have a seasonal Breakfast Stout that I absolutely loved. I got alot of coffee, smoked meat, and maple from the taste.

I saw it at the Cranberry Giant Eagle a while back and recently at Market District in Robinson. Actually meant to look for it there today on my lunch and forgot. They have a Maple blueberry one that's pretty good too.

That Beer for Breakfast is awesome as well.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
Got a New Belgium variety pack with a tangerine IPA. Just fruity enough. Not bad.

Enjoyed that as well. Voodoo Ranger I think it was called?

I was drinking some of their Seaquench Ale last night. Session sour with lime and sea salt. Not very sour but it's a nice easy drinking beer.

Yea, it's decent. I was expecting more from this one, because I like most of Dogfish's offerings. I like my sours tart though.

90 min is always good.

That and Alagash White are my staples.

I like just about everything Allagash makes. I was lucky enough to visit their brewery and try some of the good stuff. Them and Ommegang are both right up there when it comes to Belgiums.

Really liking a lot of the juicy IPA's of late. If you get a chance have Paradox's Beaver bite. Its a beer from the Adirondacks, and they don't ship too far away I don't think, but it's good stuff.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Finally get Dogfish Head in my area, the India Brown is just so good. The 2017 Beer to Drink Music To Tropical Blonde is an odd one. I like it, but don't love it. Must be the hibiscus in the finish that has me feeling it is a bit off.

And slow down on the posting until I get home tomorrow and can post up v6. Lol

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
sZperE9.jpg

A nice client got me this for Easter. They always buy me booze :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad