Favorites
Cleveland Browns 0-5
New York Giants 0-5
San Fransisco 49ers 0-5

In The Mix
Los Angeles Chargers 1-4
Chicago Bears 1-3

Who you got?

4 of the 5 are almost certainly locks to draft QB if taking #1. Bears would have trade down options if they capture it

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cleveland/San Francisco top two. Wouldn't be surprised if 1-15 is the best both teams finish.

Of the winless teams, here is their schedule.

SFCLENYG
at WASat HOUat DEN
DALTENSEA
at PHIMIN (in London)LAR
AZat DETat SF
NYGJAXKC
SEAat CINat WAS
at CHIat LACat OAK
at HOUGBDAL
TENBALPHI
JAXat CHIat AZ
at LARat PITWAS
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I bolded the winnable games for each team IMO.
Someone will get a win when the 49ers/Giants faceoff in 4 weeks. SF/CLE both get Chicago with Trubisky expected to be the starter, plus they both get JAX and it's hit miss with them depending on whether Bortles makes mistakes or not.

The Giants though, they have an experienced QB in Eli, but man, he has no weapons without Beckham and a couple other guys are hobbling with bad ankles. 4 more tough division games, plus they get the strong AFC west this season.

Could we see another Manning replaced by ultra hyped California school QB?

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Chargers might regret that win today if Darnold is the top QB.

The Giants entire WR core was decimated today. They don't have a running game and their O-Line is suspect, if not horrible.

I have them as my favorite to finish last.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it'll be between the giants and browns

chargers lose all their games by 3 pts or less so i can't see them going 1-15 or 2-14. the browns could honestly go 0-16, especially if they keep throwing kizer out there to start

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Darnold isn't going to be the 1st pick. He needs to stay in school.
You could say that about most QBs that go that high. Trubisky is a 1 year starter. Goff could have returned for another season last year instead of going pro. Kids today are more likely to go pro once they are eligible.

Luck stayed in school despite also being like Darnold, a RS Sophomore who would be a 2 year starter. But, can you really say that the extra year at Stanford has made him a better pro? How would his career have gone had he turned pro a year earlier and landed in Carolina instead of Cam? Carolina has the Defence over the years.

To me, if I am Darnold, I see who has the top pick. If it's SF or NYG I go pro. If it's Cleveland or the Chargers, I might stay in school. Cleveland is Cleveland, QB graveyard. Chargers, Spanos is a terrible owner. With the rookie pay scale they were still squabbling with Bosa on a contract.

SF, you have Lynch and Shanahan running the show. Offensive minded coach to help me develop. It's in Cali, which is a bonus, as well as a large market. NYG, they have a good D and a big time weapon in OBJ. Worry about the OL and lack of running game. Big market. And MacAdoo will be gone if the Giants are that bad.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Chargers might regret that win today if Darnold is the top QB.

The Giants entire WR core was decimated today. They don't have a running game and their O-Line is suspect, if not horrible.

I have them as my favorite to finish last.
I could see either team trading their starting QB in the offseason.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Darnold stinks. I do not understand the fascination with him. His foot placement is way off, release is too long so every ball floats high, and his arm isn't all that strong.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You could say that about most QBs that go that high. Trubisky is a 1 year starter. Goff could have returned for another season last year instead of going pro. Kids today are more likely to go pro once they are eligible.

Luck stayed in school despite also being like Darnold, a RS Sophomore who would be a 2 year starter. But, can you really say that the extra year at Stanford has made him a better pro? How would his career have gone had he turned pro a year earlier and landed in Carolina instead of Cam? Carolina has the Defence over the years.

To me, if I am Darnold, I see who has the top pick. If it's SF or NYG I go pro. If it's Cleveland or the Chargers, I might stay in school. Cleveland is Cleveland, QB graveyard. Chargers, Spanos is a terrible owner. With the rookie pay scale they were still squabbling with Bosa on a contract.

SF, you have Lynch and Shanahan running the show. Offensive minded coach to help me develop. It's in Cali, which is a bonus, as well as a large market. NYG, they have a good D and a big time weapon in OBJ. Worry about the OL and lack of running game. Big market. And MacAdoo will be gone if the Giants are that bad.

Have you watched Darnold? He's nowhere near Luck or Trubisky.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Darnold stinks. I do not understand the fascination with him. His foot placement is way off, release is too long so every ball floats high, and his arm isn't all that strong.

Only seen his game against Texas this year and he was just meh. Hasn't performed up to the hype following his Rose Bowl performance.

But, this is a QB driven league and SF & Cleve don't have a QB that anyone would bank on for the future. LAC and NYG have veteran QBs from the 2004 draft who are now 36. Chargers don't have anyone in the system while the Giants took Webb in the 3rd round, so not the biggest investment in a QB.

Whether it's Darnold, Rosen, Allen one of them will go ahead of Barkley, the RB from Penn State, who is the best player in college and should have a good career in the NFL, but a RB can only do so much against an 8 man box if he doesn't have a QB that defences fear. So, SF and Cleve would be wasting his good years taking a pounding while they search for a QB. Chargers and Giants have to think life after Rivers/Manning. Near the end of the season, could we see the Giants benching Manning and giving Webb a pair of starts to close out the season if they are still winless?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Thinking it'll be the Browns or the 49ers, got to think the Giants end up picking it up soon.
Don't think the Giants will win a game prior to the SF matchup. At Denver against the No Fly Zone Defence without a vertical threat in OBJ. Weak OL against Vonn Miller. No running game against a D that has played great against the run this season. Not a good recipe for success.

Then play Seattle. Both teams OL suck. Seattle has a good front 7 and excellent secondary. Pose similar problems that the Broncos D present. Sherman and co. will squat against the WR routes, daring Manning to go vertical on them and the Gmen don't have the WR to do that.

Then they play the Rams. Strong front against a weak OL.

Without OBJ, there is not vertical threat and no one demands a double team. I the the DC will play press coverage and jam the WR who can't get separation, thus force Eli to hold the ball and attack the weak OL. No running game from NYG this year, nor a commitment to run.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers could be 4-1 right now. The last 4 games they've lost 2 in ot and the combined total of the losses is 11 points. If they keep playing this way they'll end up winning a few of those games.

That said, I wouldn't be that upset if they didn't.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
giants schedule is brutal-their running game and o-line were already weaknesses and now they literally have every starting receiver sidelined
they really might only win a couple of games...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He is only a rookie but it feels like Kizer is playing his way out of being Browns QB of future

I cant see them not selecting a QB such as Rosen or Rudolph

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Consider that the Giants won 0 games before they got atom bombed by injuries. The once supposed strength of their WR corps is now being lead by Roger Lewis.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Consider that the Giants won 0 games before they got atom bombed by injuries. The once supposed strength of their WR corps is now being lead by Roger Lewis.

That might even save Mac's job. Barely had OBJ this year and now his receiving corps is lead by Lewis and a rookie.

I think Reese is gone either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->