The Baskirovs

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Can anybody give me some info? Which one is which position, who plays like who, where are they projected now to go in the draft, will they go consecutively like the Sedins, anything useful?

Twins intrigue me...

There's some information about the two of them in this thread.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=190602

Ruslan plays right wing and Roman's on the left side. And from what I gather, Ruslan is the more talented and productive of the two but not as complete of a player. He's also listed by CSB as being 5'11 while Roman is only 5'9", so I think it would be safe to say he's the superior of the two prospects. He'll probably go quite a bit higher.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
They can't be worse.

First of all, its the Bashkirovs. Ruslan (aka Rotislav - due to his cristening name or somesuch) plays right wing and is the top-end prospect that should go in the early first round, especially with the exposure he will get in the Q. He was the best player on Russia-89, and played even has experience playing for Russia-88. Roman plays left wing, is about 20 pounds lighter, and is perhaps a 2nd or 3rd rounder. One of them used to play center with his brother on his wing - but i can't recall which one. Their (and their dad's) priority seems to be making the NHL and keeping the boys together.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
First of all, its the Bashkirovs. Ruslan (aka Rotislav - due to his cristening name or somesuch) plays right wing and is the top-end prospect that should go in the early first round, especially with the exposure he will get in the Q. He was the best player on Russia-89, and played even has experience playing for Russia-88. Roman plays left wing, is about 20 pounds lighter, and is perhaps a 2nd or 3rd rounder. One of them used to play center with his brother on his wing - but i can't recall which one. Their (and their dad's) priority seems to be making the NHL and keeping the boys together.

D'oh! I knew that, typo. Thanks for the info, and thanks to everyone else who had input as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->