The Bashkirovs leaving Québec

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Roman and Ruslan Bashkirov, the two russian forwards whow ere playing for Québec City Remparts are going back to Russia to play hockey.

HUGE blow for Québec, since their attack was their first strenght.

EDIT : Source - RDS.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
that's shocking...
but it's the risk when you take 17 years old euro's... they are not willing to stay junior for 3 years unless things goes very very well for them...

They had the same problem with Gennady Churilov a few years ago...

I hope for them they will now focuss on 18-19 years old euros that have an immediate impact ...

Import draft is tomorrow and Quebec don't have very good picks...

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
that's shocking...
but it's the risk when you take 17 years old euro's... they are not willing to stay junior for 3 years unless things goes very very well for them...

They had the same problem with Gennady Churilov a few years ago...

I hope for them they will now focuss on 18-19 years old euros that have an immediate impact ...

Import draft is tomorrow and Quebec don't have very good picks...

Well, as a Rimouski fan, I'm actually kinda happy. :)

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
It still sucks for NA hockey and the CHL....

We will see less and less Russians playing in the CHL.... at least some other countries are developping like Denmark for example

Bégin is the bestest*

i bet they left cuz one of them didn't got drafted by a NHL team. they're going back to Russia and they're probably gonna play on the same team, so the one who was drafted this weekend isn't gonna play in the NHL.

Masterplan*

I guess the Sens should try and sign his brother too.....

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Hmm-This after the fun Murray had with Kaigorodov.
I guess it will be a rainy day in Hades before the Sens draft another Russian.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
I wonder if Patrick Roy will get some sort of refund on the truckload of money he forked out to get them to committ and then move the family over...

...allegedly.

Who says junior kids don't get paid? Pssshaw!

After the truckload of money he threw to Lavallée, Coughlin, Hennessy, Joey Ryan, Esposito, Tessier, Radulov, I'd say it's good for him.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
i bet they left cuz one of them didn't got drafted by a NHL team. they're going back to Russia and they're probably gonna play on the same team, so the one who was drafted this weekend isn't gonna play in the NHL.

I'm just suprised Ottawa didn't try to obtain an extra 7th round pick to take the other brother. It couldn't have been that hard.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
I wonder if Patrick Roy will get some sort of refund on the truckload of money he forked out to get them to committ and then move the family over...

...allegedly.

Who says junior kids don't get paid? Pssshaw!

They were riding around in a Porsche Cayenne..

Too bad for the Remparts but these guys were the least talented Russian fowards to play for them in recent history. Timofei Shishkanov, Alexander Radulov, Alexei Shkotov and Maxim Balmochnykh were dominating the game night in night out.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
“He’s in Quebec right now and he’s not going home. He’ll go back and play on the big line in Quebec and get lots of points.â€

I'll bet Murray wishes he could take that back now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
“He’s in Quebec right now and he’s not going home. He’ll go back and play on the big line in Quebec and get lots of points.â€

I'll bet Murray wishes he could take that back now.

............. and people wonder why some teams shied away from Alexei Cherepanov. No matter what Russians say they remain risky picks. Not saying that it will not work out. I am saying I understand why he went a bit lower than expected.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Wait, does the article say they went back to Russia (to develop?), or does it say they went back to Russia to stay for their career?

Guy Flaming

After the truckload of money he threw to Lavallée, Coughlin, Hennessy, Joey Ryan, Esposito, Tessier, Radulov, I'd say it's good for him.

Hey don't get me wrong, I don't like that there are teams in the CHL that do that. I'm told that it's absolutely forbidden in the WHL and that any team caught doing it would be fined heavily and would lose draft picks because of it as well.

The fact that the QMJHL apparently doesn't have the same crack down is pretty sad. Not sure how the OHL compares but I've heard rumors that some players have been paid to go there too.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
............. and people wonder why some teams shied away from Alexei Cherepanov. No matter what Russians say they remain risky picks. Not saying that it will not work out. I am saying I understand why he went a bit lower than expected.

That's a bad example. Teams shied away from Cherry because of issues with work ethic and consistency. A better example would be Maxim Mayorov.

The great Russian talents will still be taken high, it's the lesser players like Mayorov who are still good, but hardly elite, that will fall.

clfath

Jun 22, 2006
Hey don't get me wrong, I don't like that there are teams in the CHL that do that. I'm told that it's absolutely forbidden in the WHL and that any team caught doing it would be fined heavily and would lose draft picks because of it as well.

The fact that the QMJHL apparently doesn't have the same crack down is pretty sad. Not sure how the OHL compares but I've heard rumors that some players have been paid to go there too.

1- The same rules apply for all three leagues.

2- There is offenders in all three leagues.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I hope your wrong on this.. the few videos I saw show

That's a bad example. Teams shied away from Cherry because of issues with work ethic and consistency. A better example would be Maxim Mayorov. The great Russian talents will still be taken high, it's the lesser players like Mayorov who are still good, but hardly elite, that will fall.

a kid that has elite talent, but was just playing in a lesser league. We shall see.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land

Schremp...Gagner...Kane...

ARS

Apr 26, 2004
Ottawa
That's a bad example. Teams shied away from Cherry because of issues with work ethic and consistency. A better example would be Maxim Mayorov.

I doubt that, I bet if Cherapanov was playing in NA and was committed to staying here he would've gone top 5 or at the very least, top 10.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC

The rules are definitely bent in the WHL to serve whomever has the money to circumvent them. The Vancouver Giants are pretty well-known for this around town.

As for this meaning fewer Russian players in the CHL, I'm not necessarily sure it does, although Roy really isn't getting a very good return on his investment. There will definitely be less Russian players who can actually play though, with the RSL handing out big salaries to younger players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad