Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Justin Dillon with another good start with the Bisons. 7 innings one run.

Edit - Kind of a weird situation. He does well with Vancouver last year. Does okay with Dunedin to start his year. Gets called up to Buffalo just to fill in but he has done fantastic so far. Likely a case of getting lucky.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
there's a nice tidy irony in the fact that we couldn't invest in this team because there wasn't enough young talent, but now we can't bring up elite young talent because the team isn't good enough.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bob McCown was talking about Osuna today and he cryptically mentioned something about the organization being concerned with his off season activities. I’ve heard him reference this a couple times before. Anybody know what he’s talking about?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
His power is starting to develop more as well.

I think he gets called up to AAA pretty soon.
Yeah, most guys don't show their true power in baseball until there mid to late 20's there are exceptions, but generally, teenagers and youngers will just occasionally flash their raw power.

Flat out, this kid has the skills to be a Frank Thomas, Pujols, Manny Ramirez, or Miguel Cabrera level hitter, and I would say those guys are 4 of the best hitters (when you combine discipline, power, and average) of my lifetime (just turned 30 this month). The only guy who was on a whole other level than them was Bonds (I don't care how juiced up he was, dude had a season where he had a 1.422 OPS).

I try not to get too excited about Baseball Prospects, as they flameout at a very high-rate, but this kid looks truly special.

Last edited:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
there's a nice tidy irony in the fact that we couldn't invest in this team because there wasn't enough young talent, but now we can't bring up elite young talent because the team isn't good enough.

I would like to see more young talent brought up soon. Some of them do need more time down in the minors for varying reasons.

Jansen is ready but what can you do with Martin and Maile? He’s stuck right now which sucks.

Borucki is very close could use a few more starts before we should see him.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Jansen is ready but what can you do with Martin and Maile? .

iTwKhF.gif

Reactions: Beantown Beatdown

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Bob McCown was talking about Osuna today and he cryptically mentioned something about the organization being concerned with his off season activities. I’ve heard him reference this a couple times before. Anybody know what he’s talking about?

First of all, best not to listen to McCown.

Second of all, he grew up in, and returns to, a city that is essentially run by the Sinaloa cartel.

I shutter to think about what a middle aged Caucasian American-Canadian had to say about that. Yikes.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
eh maile has been great this year. and I'm actually optimistic to see what Martin can do out there. I'm on board with this.

Reactions: hoglund

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
We really need to move some pieces going forward to open up spots.

one advantage of our Deep Mediocrity teambuilding philosophy is that we may actually be able to be sellers this year and still improve our playoff chances with callups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad