OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
To dive deeper I actually have three models of Audiotechnica....

- A corded one since 2005 I've used for my drumset (they've been beaten and battered, pulled out of sockets, never broke).
- A new corded one I bought a couple years ago for my drumset (been more careful with these, very comfortable).
- A hybrid headphones which I use for my gaming systems and listening to music (I'll go into this one into more detail).

I was looking at all models ranging from Sony to Bose because I wanted a hybrid headphone or one that is both bluetooth and wired (so I can choose which options I want at specific times). I've had multiple bluetooth speakers from like five companies to test out a threatre-like sound at home. Every single one I've tested always came with a noise interference and a huge lack of quality sound, where I was really dissasified. These included JBL, couple of Sonys, and other brands around all prices and models (actual headphones to specific theatre models). Then I figured that I would cheque Audiotechnica because they models for literally everything. I probably did a good month of research and found these...

Which perform exactly what I wanted going from my laptop to my Xbox to my television to my phone. The pros for them is you can take them anywhere, they have outstanding sound quality, comes with carrying case, durable, comes with a wire where you can also talk via your phone, and comes with a charging kit for the wireless portion. The cons are they don't have amazing battery life, they charge slowly than I would prefer (I've only charged them from my laptop though), some hiccups in Bluetooth quality at times, and (strictly for me) they can get uncomfortable at times. Another con is that the bluetooth doesn't hook up to every single item, it's not really a limitation of the headphone, but certain technology. For instance, you cannot make it pair with your Xbox because Nazisoft doesn't allow you (have to buy certain models). It didn't pair with my Sony television either. I hear you can buy an adapter to make it sync with a PS4, but haven't read too deep into it as of yet. I did buy a sound system for my Sony 4k which allows me to pair my headphones with it. You just gotta be caution because just because it says bluetooth doesn't mean it will work (such as the case for A LOT of TVs).

The more expensive the headphone, the higher quality you get in sound and more comfortable they become. I will say that Bose, though ridiculously expensive are absolutely worth with the price. They make great products. Beats as mentioned here, suck in every way and form. Sony have hit or miss products so I really pay attention to the negative reviews (such as durability). JBL's higher brand stuff are good, wouldn't trust their cheaper items personally. Personally, music is a huge part of my life so I gladly will pay for expensive headphones and will never buy a pair under 100 bucks, but that's just me.

What you want to look for in a headphone (specifically over the ear headphones because they give you best sound quality) is the headphone's "driver" which will be in millimeters. So for example these Sony's here (which I also looked at)...

Have a 40 mm driver producing better sound quality than those less than this number. If you can find the highest driver mm as possible with the lowest price as possible, then you you're finding yourself a really good deal. But as RL said, you should have shopped on Black Friday because Amazon had some really good offers.

E: Tell me if you cannot see the Amazon products, because it is showing up as "invisible" blocks for me.
I found Audio-Technica SonicFuel ATH-AR3BT's for just a bit over $100 (a 100 euros actually). Wonder if they're good for that price?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Had a Bose Soundtouch that went to crap on me but that’s the only Bose ive ever had that’s went awry.

Plane flights these days are hell btw. People have pretty much zero etiquette anymore. I have only been subjected to the flight to my destination thus far and I’ve already seen 1) a guy blabbering on his cell phone on the park n ride bus with no regard for the other 5 people on the small bus 2) people being refused at the gate because they were in boarding group 4 and tried to go on group 2.... 3) a guy who gate checked his bag and then somehow managed to grab it and bring it on the flight? They made him take it off 4) a woman who brought her kid up and claimed she needed extra time to board early. Her kid was like 5 years old. They turned her away. 5) the guy who puts his carryon bag in stowaway row 10 but he’s seated in like row 32. They made him move the bag.

Flying is such a horrible experience anymore. And it’s amazing to what lengths people try to scheme everything in the system. It’s like watching herds of cattle trying to make their way through 5 foot gates. Ugliness.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I found Audio-Technica SonicFuel ATH-AR3BT's for just a bit over $100 (a 100 euros actually). Wonder if they're good for that price?

Just put amazon.com in front of...

/Audio-Technica-ATH-S700BT-SonicFuel-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B015N52XDI
/Sony-MDRXB650BT-Extra-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01BY7ZMXC

Those are the two I sent you. The first one is the one I have.

For the record, I am not an Audiotechnica fanboy, I spent a month looking at different models, but based on my past experience I went back to Audiotechnica. Everyone is going to have a different opinion such as RL trading his AT for the Everett's, while Kento loves his Beats, and Foppa with his Bose (I think). Honestly, you won't have a good idea what you're getting until you get the package and try them on for yourself. Everyone has different ear, facial, and cheek/jaw bone structures that impact which headphones work and which ones do not. For example, my friend was getting rid of his game system and sold me 300 dollar Xbox one headphones for 50 bucks. These headphones if I remember correctly had 4.5 out of 5 star reviews, but when I used to play with them, they were atrociously uncomfortable.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Just put amazon.com in front of...

/Audio-Technica-ATH-S700BT-SonicFuel-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B015N52XDI
/Sony-MDRXB650BT-Extra-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B01BY7ZMXC

Those are the two I sent you. The first one is the one I have.

For the record, I am not an Audiotechnica fanboy, I spent a month looking at different models, but based on my past experience I went back to Audiotechnica. Everyone is going to have a different opinion such as RL trading his AT for the Everett's, while Kento loves his Beats, and Foppa with his Bose (I think). Honestly, you won't have a good idea what you're getting until you get the package and try them on for yourself. Everyone has different ear, facial, and cheek/jaw bone structures that impact which headphones work and which ones do not. For example, my friend was getting rid of his game system and sold me 300 dollar Xbox one headphones for 50 bucks. These headphones if I remember correctly had 4.5 out of 5 star reviews, but when I used to play with them, they were atrociously uncomfortable.

Yup. If you're going to be wearing them for hours at a time even if they're a little off it'll start to get uncomfortable after awhile. Personally I hate on ear headphones, I prefer to have pretty big ear cups.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Be careful with the headphones. WHO and other health organizations are warning that the millennial generation may have serious hearing loss issues as they age.

Here’s a great article on it. I’ve also heard radio people talk about this and the radio guys definitely are aware of hearing loss in their line of work due to head phone use pretty much all day long. It’s actually a large risk for their occupation.

Generation Deaf: Doctors Warn of Dangers of Ear Buds

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Trying awfully hard not to pull the trigger on a Model S P85... got offered a screaming deal. Only holdup is that it won't be CPO, but for for 15+k less than Tesla charges for a comparable P85...

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I've got Bose Soundlink Around Ear II's for about $293 USD. Worth it? They're a lot cheaper in the US, but I can't get them over for any cheaper.

Or then Audio Technica ATH-AR3BT for $116.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Man I'd love a Tesla, they're super nice. I'm jealous.

I want one, and they are actually getting close to affordable now (used 60kwh versions with 50-60k are hovering around 30-35). This one is way cheaper than it should be, so I want to take the chance... still a hell of a commitment.

Everyone around here buying high quality headphones and electric cars meanwhile I'm living off of Student loans and grants.

I accumulated a hell of a lot of student loan... getting close to paid off, but a house could have been had for what I paid for schooling (lesson... don't go to a private school your first couple years).

Also... lacto fermented garlic honey is amazing!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Almost finished planning a ski trip to Switzerland for the beginning and I'm incredibly stoked.

Oh and broke.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've got Bose Soundlink Around Ear II's for about $293 USD. Worth it? They're a lot cheaper in the US, but I can't get them over for any cheaper.

Or then Audio Technica ATH-AR3BT for $116.
If you're getting them from Amazon, I believe you can return any item within a set limited period. So if they have a return policy, get the Bose and if you think they're overprice and meh return them, get your money back, and then buy the Audotechnica.

Almost finished planning a ski trip to Switzerland for the beginning and I'm incredibly stoked.

Oh and broke.
That sounds sick, where are you going to in Suisse?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
If you're getting them from Amazon, I believe you can return any item within a set limited period. So if they have a return policy, get the Bose and if you think they're overprice and meh return them, get your money back, and then buy the Audotechnica.
I actually just purchased the Bose. Directly from Bose, so they have the 30-day return policy as well. Hope they're great. I saw some good reviews at least. Considering my income as a student they're way pricey for me so I'm banking on them lasting for a good while.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Were flying into Geneva going to Verbier. If you have a Copper mountain ski pass you get free days there, so a few of my friends decided we should go.
That sounds awesome. I might have to travel to Europe to ski any snow this year if this weather keeps up in the West. Heartbreak high pressure meaning no snow in till maybe Christmas :help:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That sounds awesome. I might have to travel to Europe to ski any snow this year if this weather keeps up in the West. Heartbreak high pressure meaning no snow in till maybe Christmas :help:

I'm super stoked! I've skied three times this year and it's been awful haha

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Trying awfully hard not to pull the trigger on a Model S P85... got offered a screaming deal. Only holdup is that it won't be CPO, but for for 15+k less than Tesla charges for a comparable P85...

Hell of a car.

I assume it's an inventory car rather than a custom built. Inventory cars are very hard to come by right now due to high demand and a slowdown in production. If I were in the market and a good deal came by, I'd jump on it. If you can get it delivered by the end of the year, even better. Although it seems like the EV tax credit may survive after all (it's flip-flopped a 100 times already).

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm digging Jessie Reyez right now. Her performance on the Jimmy Fallon show last year was incredible. Girl is gifted.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hell of a car.

I assume it's an inventory car rather than a custom built. Inventory cars are very hard to come by right now due to high demand and a slowdown in production. If I were in the market and a good deal came by, I'd jump on it. If you can get it delivered by the end of the year, even better. Although it seems like the EV tax credit may survive after all (it's flip-flopped a 100 times already).

This is a used car. Only ~18k miles. A comparable CPO from Tesla (so warranty extension and some re-conditioning) is about 15k more with similar options and miles. I will see if the car is still around in early Jan. If it is, I may snag it.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
This is a used car. Only ~18k miles. A comparable CPO from Tesla (so warranty extension and some re-conditioning) is about 15k more with similar options and miles. I will see if the car is still around in early Jan. If it is, I may snag it.

Ah, I see. Is it through Tesla or through another dealer?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Ah, I see. Is it through Tesla or through another dealer?

Another dealer, a buddy of mine who runs a small dealership that specializes in cars like Tesla, Porsche, Aston, etc. It has all the records and the former owner is one of his biggest customers. It has been very well taken care of, just only has ~16 months of warranty left vs a CPO from Tesla might have 2 or 4 years depending on the year and mileage (same year would have a 2 year warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->