OT: The Avalounge but every time someone posts the quality declines

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
We have a Mac at work. I still, 4 years later, can't figure out how to spell check. All I want to do is F-ing right click on the misspelled word. But no, can't do that.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I love my MacBook.

My IPhone? That’s a different story. After this last debacle with the damn version 11 upgrades I’m completely out. I’m considering a Galaxy or even the Google Pixel phone. I’ve always had a lot more respect for google products vs Apple. Now that apps are so widestream I think I’ll be cutting that Apple cord out of my life.

Also - call me old fashioned but if there was ever a competing American made product in the phone market I’d totally go that direction. The trade deficit with China is so much electronics.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd hardly call myself a Apple fan boy or anything like that, but I have zero complaints about my Mac. Never went the Iphone route though, I've been an Android guy from day one.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
giphy.gif

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
I love my MacBook.

My IPhone? That’s a different story. After this last debacle with the damn version 11 upgrades I’m completely out. I’m considering a Galaxy or even the Google Pixel phone. I’ve always had a lot more respect for google products vs Apple. Now that apps are so widestream I think I’ll be cutting that Apple cord out of my life.

Also - call me old fashioned but if there was ever a competing American made product in the phone market I’d totally go that direction. The trade deficit with China is so much electronics.

I wouldn't mind breaking away, but there are a few apps that I bought that I'd hate to have to re-pay for. Still, it might make sense anyway. My current Iphone is over 3 years old and starting to fail.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Best computer I’ve ever owned is my 4-year old ASUS ROG laptop. That includes a Dell XPS, a regular MacBook, and a MacBook Pro. I’ve never had a computer so fast, so strong, and so reliable until this current one. And it can play any game I throw its way. It’s a truly impressive piece of hardware. Just pricey, is all. And heavier than a typical laptop, but I don’t lug it around very frequently anyway.

Reactions: Tweaky and Tru

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Well, I went and watched a friend perform live for the last time.
He even did a duet with his 11 year old daughter.
f*** cancer.

A couple dozen local band members joined him on stage.
A group of them played this song:

This is the song he sang with his daughter:
She picked it...

Sorry. I'm kinda torn up right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokecheque

Tru

May 21, 2015
Colorado
Best computer I’ve ever owned is my 4-year old ASUS ROG laptop. That includes a Dell XPS, a regular MacBook, and a MacBook Pro. I’ve never had a computer so fast, so strong, and so reliable until this current one. And it can play any game I throw its way. It’s a truly impressive piece of hardware. Just pricey, is all. And heavier than a typical laptop, but I don’t lug it around very frequently anyway.

Nice, same laptop I have, too (ASUS ROG). Love it!!! Bought it a few years ago myself, and this machine is still super fast. I play a few graphic intensive games, looks fantastic and doesn't ever skip a beat!

Reactions: Steve Varlamov

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
OK, you guys have convinced me. Now point me to a new Macbook with a 17" screen, i7-7700, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD+1TB HDD, and NVidia GPU w/ 4GB for under or close to $1500. Wait, given the Apple premium, I guess can go up to $2000.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't think anyone is trying to convince anybody one way or the other, just what they like. Why some people get so defensive of their computer/phone choice is beyond me.

Reactions: Ivan13

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I don't think anyone is trying to convince anybody one way or the other, just what they like. Why some people get so defensive of their computer/phone choice is beyond me.

It's just weird to see people who complain about things like the amount they get student allowance per month buying every second newest model of iPhone. It's just not clever way to use your money if you need to count things like what kind of food you can afford to buy from a grocery store. For majority of people it's just money thrown into a sewer.

There are a lot of people who buy Apple just for it to be a status symbol. A lot of people also say that they use Apple products because they are connected to each other but when asked how the products are connected they cannot give an answer.

I have a strong opinion about Apple products (and as a marketing student I can only give my applause to them, they've done some great brand building) and I also admit I haven't used a MacBook in every day work life (just briefly every now and then at my workplace. And while I have a strong opinion, I do think people should use whatever product they like if they can afford it or if it truly makes their jobs easier.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
iPhones and Macbooks are completely different though. iPhones are purpose built to just be basically obsolete after a year (by admission of Apple themselves). Meanwhile nearly every person I know is using a 3+ year old Macbook. It's hard to kill those old Macbooks and most people don't need more than a solid, reliable, facebook machine.

Reactions: Murzu

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I pick my spots with investments.

I never buy a new iPhone (always buy one version behind) but I will spend on a newer computer. I also always buy year behind generations on cameras and actually most electronics.

You should pick your spots on where you’re willing to pay top dollar and where you’re not.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I pick my spots with investments.

I never buy a new iPhone (always buy one version behind) but I will spend on a newer computer.

Same here. I've never had the newest Iphone. In fact right now I'm 4 models back at the moment because it's basically the same as the new one.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Blasted nothing but Flogging Molly in the brewery today. Well, until I an out than swapped to Dropkick Murphy's.

Wherever I am, you'll always be, more than just a memory. If I ever leave this world alive.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I have a free movie ticket that's about to expire and I'm torn.

On one hand, Black Panther has the better reviews, but on the other, Alicia Vikander's all Swedish and tank top wearing.

Reactions: Murzu

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Does anyone here play guitar? I bought one about 2 months ago as a self-care type of thing since I can’t play drums where I’m currently living. I’m loving playing it, and I play it for at least an hour every day. I’m just wondering when I’m gonna, you know, get good? If you do/did play guitar, how long did it take before you felt confident in your abilities, and before you could play difficult songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad