The Atlantic Division

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Based on that argument every team that beat Toronto this year is better than them.

I don’t have a horse in this race, I’m a Flames fan but it’s hard to argue against a team that’s first in the strongest division while missing their 1C for almost half of the season
division doesn't have much to do with it at this point. in fact first in the Atlantic would mean more given the top end teams in the division are strongest in the league by far.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
One and a half decent seasons followed by a first round playoff exit after a decade of garbage and the leafs fans are already intolerable. Remind me to lock myself in a bomb shelter when you’re actually contenders

and yet a team that has never been anything but garbage, to you, would "like to have a word".

smarten up.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
One and a half decent seasons followed by a first round playoff exit after a decade of garbage and the leafs fans are already intolerable. Remind me to lock myself in a bomb shelter when you’re actually contenders
Would be easier for you to just put the most annoying people on ignore. Trust me, it makes this place so much more enjoyable.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
and yet a team that has never been anything but garbage, to you, would "like to have a word".

smarten up.

You’re talking about this season, Winnipeg has looked like the better team. If you’re talking about last season then neither Winnipeg nor Toronto is in the discussion as a top team. If you’re going to make dumb arguments at least stick to one of them. If you’re talking about the history of a franchise then Montreal is the best team in the world AINEC. I don’t really think you know what you’re talking about though lol

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You’re talking about this season, Winnipeg has looked like the better team. If you’re talking about last season then neither Winnipeg nor Toronto is in the discussion as a top team. If you’re going to make dumb arguments at least stick to one of them. If you’re talking about the history of a franchise then Montreal is the best team in the world AINEC. I don’t really think you know what you’re talking about though lol

YOU brought up a "decade of garbage". stop your twisting, you're making yourself look foolish. smarten up.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Based on that argument every team that beat Toronto this year is better than them.

I don’t have a horse in this race, I’m a Flames fan but it’s hard to argue against a team that’s first in the strongest division while missing their 1C for almost half of the season

It wasn't an argument. Didn't see the sarcasm smiley?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bruins with yesterday's win are now the best team in the NHL. They have played one less game than TB.

Points %

1.Bruins .712
2. TB .708

Reactions: BruinLVGA

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It's a top heavy division with the top 3 teams are looking quite good this year. It's the bottom 5 teams in the division that ruin the division for others.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
The Bruins run is quite impressive indeed. Though I am curious to see how they handle the crazy schedule in March and early April. That road trip coming up is brutal. 7 out of 8 on the road many of which in the West whom I'm sure will be battling until the very end of the season. Boston has played 4 more home games than away, has had one of the lighter schedules thus far in the season, and hasn't played as many west teams as Tampa and Toronto. Also, they have a worse record than both of them vs the west.

Going to be tough to keep this run alive, I'll be the first to declare them cup favourites if they manage a great finish to this season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Bruins run is quite impressive indeed. Though I am curious to see how they handle the crazy schedule in March and early April. That road trip coming up is brutal. 7 out of 8 on the road many of which in the West whom I'm sure will be battling until the very end of the season. Boston has played 4 more home games than away, has had one of the lighter schedules thus far in the season, and hasn't played as many west teams as Tampa and Toronto. Also, they have a worse record than both of them vs the west.

Going to be tough to keep this run alive, I'll be the first to declare them cup favourites if they manage a great finish to this season.

I hope not. I like the Bruins just as they are. They are the unsustainable overachieving group of players that are going to have their luck run out. I am being just slightly facetious but even in your post, you intimate it will be tough for them to keep their run alive. Perhaps, perhaps not. This is why they play 82 games. But I do like how people keep waiting for them to fall back down to earth for now over a month, But it hasn't happened yet. From this standpoint, I like these underdogs that continue to prove people wrong.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I hope not. I like the Bruins just as they are. They are the unsustainable overachieving group of players that are going to have their luck run out. I am being just slightly facetious but even in your post, you intimate it will be tough for them to keep their run alive. Perhaps, perhaps not. This is why they play 82 games. But I do like how people keep waiting for them to fall back down to earth for now over a month, But it hasn't happened yet. From this standpoint, I like these underdogs that continue to prove people wrong.

Oh it will be tough, after Feb 24, the Bruins will not have a single 2-day rest period. 3 Back to backs and with no rest all 3 of those will be followed by 3 games in 4 nights. Many games against teams fighting until the end for playoffs in the west. All the while they are undoubtedly going to be resting key players in preparation for the playoffs with 0 pressure to miss the playoffs.

This will be a test for their depth for sure. If they dominate during this stretch, look out.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Sportsnet rankings in the preseason (spoiler: Bruins 20th)... :D

NHL Power Rankings: Players Under Pressure Edition - Sportsnet.ca

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Sportsnet rankings in the preseason (spoiler: Bruins 20th)... :D

NHL Power Rankings: Players Under Pressure Edition - Sportsnet.ca

Yeah. I didn't expect them to be at #1 points % at 2/8/18. But that may be have been my oversight. People that say their play is unsustainable should note they have been playing .685 to .712 since Cassidy took over as coach from Julien. This is over a 79 game sample. Almost a full season. But shh....Let people think that the bubble is going to burst as I and you have read here. They are playing over their heads, and they will eventually crash down back to earth. It's more fun this way when you are the underdog that gets little respect.

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
No. Did I expect them to be out of the playoffs and 20th overall in the league? Nope. I expected them to be 3rd in the East, pacing for 95-100 points. So around 10th-12th in the league.

Your turn now. Where did you expect them to be?

Did you expect the Leafs to be pacing for 101 point 56 games into the season?

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Did you expect the Leafs to be pacing for 101 point 56 games into the season?

Yes i did. I was banking on all three rookies to have solid sophomore seasons. they simply had to much talent to slump. we signed Marleau and Hainsey, two reliable and predictable veterans who i thought would help lead the youth, which they have. Additionally, something that i feel is over looked is last year Toronto had a much more difficult schedule. They played something like 18 back to backs which in a condensed season is ridiculous. This year they have i think 11 or 12 B2B's. And lastly, there was no way there terrible shoot out record and blown leads would continue. Now maby i didnt expect the 101 point pace, but i did expect an improvement points wise compared to last year.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
No. Did I expect them to be out of the playoffs and 20th overall in the league? Nope. I expected them to be 3rd in the East, pacing for 95-100 points. So around 10th-12th in the league.

Your turn now. Where did you expect them to be?

Same as you. I always expected them to be in a playoff position, My guess was anywhere from second in the division to the 1st wild card spot. I knew Tampa was at least going to be better and possibly the leafs but from there it was a dumpster fire. They have way to many good pieces not to be in a playoff position (Chara, Rask, Marchand, Bergeron alone should get any team to the playoffs). What no one, including me expected was how good their depth and youth were going to be.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Be honest, did you even remotely expect Boston to be this good?

To be fair, not saying this was you. But if you read Hf all off-season it was just full of people putting Boston at 4-6th in in the division. They were done, Chara, bergeron, krejci were old and Rask sucked etc.. etc... Funny enough most people had MTL/OTT penciled in to 3rd.

It's just expected that bruins fans be peacocking a bit right now.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
To be fair, not saying this was you. But if you read Hf all off-season it was just full of people putting Boston at 4-6th in in the division. They were done, Chara, bergeron, krejci were old and Rask sucked etc.. etc... Funny enough most people had MTL/OTT penciled in to 3rd.

It's just expected that bruins fans be peacocking a bit right now.

Hey i would peacock to if my team was literally killing every team in the league lol. Anyone that had Ottawa and Montreal as top teams were crazy. Ottawa was clearly carried by unsustainable goal tending/posession statistics. And Montreal, well when you lose Radulov and Markov for nothing, good luck

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
What a hypocrite. How Pray tell has Winnipeg been before this season? If I recall correctly this is your first season where you weren't garbage.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Regarding the WPG/TOR debate earlier here.. Winnipeg is ahead standings, probably even a slightly better team, but let's not act like it's some wide chasm. Right now, the Jets hold 2 games in hand on Toronto but in terms of standings, the only real difference is that Winnipeg has managed to collect 4 more points on their losses.

Those games in hand might change things moreso. They may not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad