The Atlantic Division

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
Then why do they get absolutely dominated by the blues every time they play?

That's like saying the Sabres were better than the Penguins last year because the Sabres beat them in the season series (I don't know if that's true but I bet some underwhelming team in the league beat the Pens in the season series matchup last year).

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Feast or famine. 2 top elite teams in the NHL. Or 2 bottom 2 teams and everything in between.

TB and Boston are 1 and 2 in points % in the entire NHL.

1. TB .708
2. Boston .706

Then at the other end you have.

29. Ottawa .358
30. Buffalo .311

Wow Ottawa at .358. It was just a few months ago your astute hockey mind called Ottawa the class of the Atlantic and Ontario’s team. Oops.

Reactions: kule41

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Nope I am referring to this season, when Ottawa was barely ahead of Toronto in the standings. 69 points vs 45 points. “Ottawa is Ontario’s team”. Classic. :laugh:

Well if Toronto wins one playoff series, a 1st since their last one 14 years ago, maybe they will be Ontario's team 1 day. Classic. lol

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I like how they are built and coached. It goes far beyond having one of the best 1-3 best players in the NHL. Ottawa may be Karlsson and the Sens. But the And the Sens part is a good team on its own too. Stone is not getting a lot of noise on the Mainboard until just recently. But this is a talented well coached and selfless team. Living in Ontario, I see them as Ontario's team, and for a time last year when they were the last team standing Canada's capital and team.

From November 13, 2017. What great hockey sense! :laugh:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...is-season-again.2409949/page-6#post-137854059

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I looked at that thread. What did I say that was so gotcha to bump a thread. Living in Ontario I see them as Ontario's team. Get over yourself... They were a compelling underdog last year that won 2 rds, 11 games in the playoffs that got off to a good start. How many playoff rds did the Leafs win? Oh okay, that didn't work out well for you...Ontario's team. lol BTW Have you posted in the Jets forum lately?

Reactions: dukeofjive

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I looked at that thread. What did I say that was so gotcha to bump a thread. Living in Ontario I see them as Ontario's team. Get over yourself... They were a compelling underdog that won 2 rds, 11 games last year in the playoffs. How many playoff rds did the Leafs win? Oh okay, it suddenly went quiet here...

Toronto - 69 points and 6th overall.
Ottawa - 45 points and 29th overall.

Yep, Ottawa is Ontario’s team alright!

Reactions: naruto

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Toronto - 69 points and 6th overall.
Ottawa - 45 points and 29th overall.

Yep, Ottawa is Ontario’s team alright!

They were last year, it would be hard not to admire their playoff run with all the adversity they played under. So they actually won a playoff rd this decade, 2 actually, and more before this. Not sure why you are so desperate for my validation of who I see as Ontario's team. Tell you what, win a playoff rd atleast once a decade. Then we will talk. But until then, go post where ever you are posting now.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
They were last year, it would be hard not to admire their playoff run with all the adversity they played with. So they actually won a playoff rd this decade, 2 actually, and more before this. Not sure why you are so desperate for my validation of who I see as Ontario's team. Tell you what, win a playoff rd once a decade. Then we will talk.

Nah, I’ll talk now. I like watching Toronto be the class of the East along with Tampa and Boston. Such quality in the Atlantic, to have 3 top NHL teams. I predict one of Tampa, Boston or Toronto will win the East.

Reactions: naruto

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Just stop replying to me, I don't want to talk about Toronto. I am sure there are other forums where you can post in. If you want to make a general post about all things blue and white. Make it. But why bring me in to your world of all things blue and white, are you so desperate for my confirmation? I posted about TB and Boston being the best point % teams in the NHL. But you want to talk about Toronto. Then do so, but stop quoting me when I didn't.
could've fooled me

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
The Pacific Division is actually a much worse division. The three bottom teams in that division are probably the three worst teams in the NHL, along with Buffalo.

With LA’s victory over Edmonton tonight, I find it fascinating that the Pacific situation mirrors that of the Atlantic. 5th place in the Pacific is separated by 12 points from 6th place.

Whereas the top 3 teams in the Atlantic are assured playoffs due to the gap in standings generated by excellent and consistent play as creme de la creme NHL teams, the bottom 3 teams in the Pacific are almost assured no playoffs because of the gap separating them and the top 5 in the Pacific. Both divisions have become predictable 2/3 into the season.

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
Well if Toronto wins one playoff series, a 1st since their last one 14 years ago, maybe they will be Ontario's team 1 day. Classic. lol

Ottawa, Ontario's team eh? The team that can't fill the stadium even when in playoff contention?

Slow your roll dude...just stop. There's a reason Ottawa tried to stop fans from selling their tickets to Leaf fans during visits. Like it or not, the Leafs are Ontario's favourite team, and also yes Canada's as well. There now go lay an egg with that one.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario's team eh? The team that can't fill the stadium even when in playoff contention?

Slow your roll dude...just stop. There's a reason Ottawa tried to stop fans from selling their tickets to Leaf fans during visits. Like it or not, the Leafs are Ontario's favourite team, and also yes Canada's as well. There now go lay an egg with that one.

They are the only Ontario team to win a playoff series this decade are they not? Infact they are the last Ontario team to play for a Cup this decade. Name me another team based in Ontario to do so in the last 14 years?

Reactions: dukeofjive

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
They are the only Ontario team to win a playoff series this decade are they not? Infact they are the last Ontario team to play for a Cup this decade. Name me another team based in Ontario to do so the last 14 years.

Set any arbitrary standard you like, but the truth will come out with each TSN.ca visit you make.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Just stop replying to me, I don't want to talk about Toronto. I am sure there are other forums where you can post in. If you want to make a general post about all things blue and white. Make it. But why bring me in to your world of all things blue and white, are you so desperate for my confirmation? I posted about TB and Boston being the best point % teams in the NHL. But you want to talk about Toronto. Then do so, but stop quoting me when I didn't.
This is a thread about the Atlantic division and its best teams. You can't ignore Toronto no matter how much you want to. It's funny to me how much it hurts you to admit that the Leafs are a good team.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
They are the only Ontario team to win a playoff series this decade are they not? Infact they are the last Ontario team to play for a Cup this decade. Name me another team based in Ontario to do so in the last 14 years?

Many on the Sens board can recognize that the Leafs are a better team now and going forward, especially with how this season has played out for the Sens. It's not blasphemy to say so. As a Sens fan all I hope for this season is for it to end as soon as possible and for at least one team (Florida) to go on a little run and at least make things interesting until the end. Not very entertaining that a team can feel this safe in the 3rd seed with just under 30 games left.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Then why do they get absolutely dominated by the blues every time they play?
The Blues are a team Toronto doesn't match up well against. It seems that they have a hard time against bigger teams who can grind down their small D with a cycle and their forwards also have a hard time setting up in the offensive zone against teams full of big mobile D.
Columbus is also a team they often have difficulties with.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I looked at that thread. What did I say that was so gotcha to bump a thread. Living in Ontario I see them as Ontario's team. Get over yourself... They were a compelling underdog last year that won 2 rds, 11 games in the playoffs that got off to a good start. How many playoff rds did the Leafs win? Oh okay, that didn't work out well for you...Ontario's team. lol BTW Have you posted in the Jets forum lately?

I love how you talk smack about a team top 3 in the conference with "how many playoff rounds did you win" then turn and act like the jets have done something. that half assed organization has yet to win a playoff game.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
This is a thread about the Atlantic division and its best teams. You can't ignore Toronto no matter how much you want to. It's funny to me how much it hurts you to admit that the Leafs are a good team.
best team in canada in fact.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
The word is 7-2. :sarcasm:

Based on that argument every team that beat Toronto this year is better than them.

I don’t have a horse in this race, I’m a Flames fan but it’s hard to argue against a team that’s first in the strongest division while missing their 1C for almost half of the season

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->