Post-Game Talk: The Arrival of Freddy? | Leafs beat Caps 2-0

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Nice win by the Buds tonight. Anderson played good and nobody looked horrible tonight. As an added bonus the Habs, Sabres, Senators, Jets and Oilers lost. Feels good...

mccabe2424

Jul 28, 2013
Toronto
guys I dont post much Ive enjoyed reading for so long minus the terrible trade proposals some of our fan base makes but finally my team is as good as I try to make them on a console

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
and great to have 2 centres on each line leo saved naz every time he was kicked out
It seemed like every draw tonight the Leafs center got booted from taking tne face off. We have 2 guys on each line who can draws though, no big deal tbh. I don't know the numbers but the team seemed to be doing well on draws considering the new rule about being the 2nd guy taking the faceoff.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Bozak 55.7% 97 Draws
Kadri 54.8 73 Draws
Matthews 52.6% 57 Draws
Nylander 51.0% 49 Draws
Moore 61.3% 31 Draws
Komarov 66.7% 27 Draws
Fehr 51.9% 27 Draws

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigThree

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I know many have mentioned it, but Hainsey is solid. I love focusing in on his game - he does all the small things down low, along the boards. Just a rock back there.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Bozak 55.7% 97 Draws
Kadri 54.8 73 Draws
Matthews 52.6% 57 Dra ws
Nylander 51.0% 49 Draws
Moore 61.3% 31 Draws
Kpmarov 66.7% 27 Draws
Fehr 51.9% 27 Draws
Number one in the league IIRC. That's the beauty of having all these centers(some obviously playing wing). Still frustrating that on almost every draw someone on the leafs gets the boot.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I know many have mentioned it, but Hainsey is solid. I love focusing in on his game - he does all the small things down low, along the boards. Just a rock back there.
I was thinking the same thing tonight. Hainsey has no flash to his game. He's boring, in a good way, and rarely makes a huge mistake. Gardiner and Rielly are clearly more skilled but they can learn a lot from Hainsey and his no nonsense, simple approach. Hainsey has been our second best dman with Zaitsev being the clear #1. Happy and surprised it ended up like this thus far. It also means that Rielly and Gardiner need to step it up a bit.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Great game, solid team effort. JVR pissed me off though, watching him in our zone when the other team has the puck is painful. He just stands there above the hash marks with his back to the defenceman and watches the puck. WTF? Does he do that all the time or was that just a Tuesday night special?

Reactions: MJ65

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nice summary. Brutal calling cor out like that. He's been a key part of the rebuild. Gotta give him a pass tonight.
No passes for this team....if Marner gets demoted....the Cor gets called out! Lol

koka86yanzi

Jan 9, 2013
i think that was the best all around effort! what a game. Nylander was dominant, but his move with 5 minutes left that resulted in the turnover and 2 high quality chances for washington really made me :banghead:

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Pretty sure this post is the closest anyone has come to ****ting on him I’m this thread so far.
In the GDT, when he missed the net on one chance, the usual detractors jumped all over him. Even when he got the puck on net, through traffic from the point people were complaining that it hit the goalie.

RLF

May 5, 2014

Hainsey has been very solid. Always checks his shoulder before making a play, so rarely just moves it without looking, even under pressure. Looks so calm out there.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
i think that was the best all around effort! what a game. Nylander was dominant, but his move with 5 minutes left that resulted in the turnover and 2 high quality chances for washington really made me :banghead:

Thats the accepted price of being a puck carrier. Did you see Matthews turned on over as well. When we cite Marner for his mistakes lately its because it been 3-4 a game. Mats Sundin had that happen, CrosbyCrosby, McDavid, everyone who has a puck on their stick 5mins a night really.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Nice win (dominated them in the first but could not beat Holtby) but I thought we were pretty sloppy on O but better on D. Was there something wrong with the ice because both teams seemed to battle the puck.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Thats the accepted price of being a puck carrier. Did you see Matthews turned on over as well. When we cite Marner for his mistakes lately its because it been 3-4 a game. Mats Sundin had that happen, CrosbyCrosby, McDavid, everyone who has a puck on their stick 5mins a night really.

No way. That is something you just don't do and I am sure Babs let Willie know.

mulefarm

Oct 9, 2011
Gardiner and Zaitsev are really stepping up as the #1 pair. Gardiner has helped Zaitsev up his game. This also lets Reilly play against lesser competition and he is gaining some confidence. Zaitsev and Hainsey are lights out on the PK.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
No way. That is something you just don't do and I am sure Babs let Willie know.

Nobody argues that you don't do it. I just argue people are imperfect and do it. Matthews, Mitch, Brown etc. Pick your player and they will make a mistake if you watch long enough. Its funny how people zone in on that play and when Jake/Nylander makes a mistake but then completely ignore say Bozak or Marner errors. Its actually quite funny really. The frequency of errors was why Marner got demoted, not an agenda. Glad people shut up with the you hate Mitch annoyances though and for that I thank...haha Babcock I guess for basically validating my opinion.

Add: Jake and Nylander carry the puck and are on the puck a lot. Sometimes it won't go well and that normal.

Jake Mistakes and Willy Gaffes are Nothing Burger's.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad