GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
What about the top two rows of 200s (#8, #9), werent a lot of those seats empty?

There were tons of them for sale pretty close to game time. I have a hard time believing they all magically sold right before 7:30pm.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
It seems like the main board thread is mostly a few Tampa fans posting genuinely nasty stuff about our state and then going all "Lighten up, it's just a joke. Hey everyone, check out this guy who thinks we're serious" when anyone takes a shot back.

Such a cesspool.
that pretty much sums up society these days

"lol it's just a prank bro, i'm not serious"

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
What about the top two rows of 200 (#8, #9), werent a lot of those seats empty?

There were tons of them for sale pretty close to game time. I have a hard time believing they all magically sold right before 7:30pm.
they were technically bought, so it's technically a sell out. now whether the resellers actually sold the seats to put a butt in there is another question

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
It seems like the main board thread is mostly a few Tampa fans posting genuinely nasty stuff about our state and then going all "Lighten up, it's just a joke. Hey everyone, check out this guy who thinks we're serious" when anyone takes a shot back.

Such a cesspool.

joke's on them.

their state is crawling with transplants from new jersey and other northeast states.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
What about the top two rows of 200s (#8, #9), werent a lot of those seats empty?

The empty seats, in general, were visually negligible last night.

Including all the premium locations not included in our sellout number, I would say there was well over 16,500 actually in the arena, watching the game. Dare I say, maybe even 17,000.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The empty seats, in general, were visually negligible last night.

Including all the premium locations not included in our sellout number, I would say there was well over 16,500 actually in the arena, watching the game. Dare I say, maybe even 17,000.
i'd say we were 90/10 in percentage for devils/tampa fans :sarcasm:

that argument we had after that rangers game was the most senseless one of this season

Reactions: New Jersey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
It seemed like every person in the building was engaged in the on-ice play at all times. The place was a madhouse.

see that's exactly why i stopped going to games- the arena atmosphere was focused on everything except what was going on in the game. it's awesome to hear that last night was the opposite, sounds like my experiences going to the games at continental. good stuff

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i'd say we were 90/10 in percentage for devils/tampa fans :sarcasm:

that argument we had after that rangers game was the most senseless one of this season

:biglaugh:

Including that one suite bought by Tampa fans with the big "GO BOLTS" flag, I'll be generous and say maybe 100, 200 tops in our rink last night were rooting for the visitors.

I'm sure folks here can reminisce about the early 2000s, but for me, personally, that was the single most pro-Devils crowd I have ever been a part of.

S C E N E S

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Gutsy win in the end but the first 30-40 minutes the puck pursuit was awful. I want to win this, but all 12 forwards better buck up. Lightning were getting to almost all the dump ins and I rarely saw Lightning D get punished down low. The first F is has got to have the Miles Wood mentality. Turn over the puck and grind the D down. Thankfully Johansson is back and we have a forward who can carry the puck in with composure. Then again, Tampa has been efficient at clogging up the neutral zone limiting Hall and such from opening the ice up.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Gutsy win in the end but the first 30-40 minutes the puck pursuit was awful. I want to win this, but all 12 forwards better buck up. Lightning were getting to almost all the dump ins and I rarely saw Lightning D get punished down low. The first F is has got to have the Miles Wood mentality. Turn over the puck and grind the D down. Thankfully Johansson is back and we have a forward who can carry the puck in with composure. Then again, Tampa has been efficient at clogging up the neutral zone limiting Hall and such from opening the ice up.

Reactions: OmNomNom

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
:biglaugh:

Including that one suite bought by Tampa fans with the big "GO BOLTS" flag, I'll be generous and say maybe 100, 200 tops in our rink last night were rooting for the visitors.

I'm sure folks here can reminisce about the early 2000s, but for me, personally, that was the single most pro-Devils crowd I have ever been a part of.

S C E N E S
I agree with the last part 100%. I love the rivalry games during the playoffs, but last night being 99.9% devils fans was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: OmNomNom

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I agree with the last part 100%. I love the rivalry games during the playoffs, but last night being 99.9% devils fans was a thing of beauty.

I was there for the early 90s when it wast 50-50 in our barn and the most uppity we got is when that stupid trumpet player stood up and played something. Thank God for Baumann - as he was all we had.

That was a frigging united sea of die hard red in my eyes. Love to see it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I loved the Cangi call on the Coleman empty netter. Coleman sends it away....YES!!! He's a full-fledged fan now ;)

Reactions: Bleedred

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Da8VLlXV4AEQN0r.jpg:large

Cool pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad