GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
How is Tampa-Toronto a 'dream' matchup?! They're not even a rivalry. *****, New Jersey-Toronto would be asthetically wild AND have off-ice intrigue with the Shanny-Lou-Shero connections. New Jersey-Boston is more of a rivalry than either and there's the MarJo-Marchand backstory to boot.

You think Gary cares about rivalries? He wants his top stars deep in the playoffs and even better if a Canadian team is involved.

Also, listening to NHL network radio this morning. These hacks haven't mentioned the spear once but they have been talking about the Sergachev elbow which didn't even look intentional.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Neither...the entire fourth line only got 5-5 and a half minutes at ES (inc. Boyle, Stafford), difference is Stafford got an insane amount of PP time - insane being ANY let alone five minutes. Almost half the game was played on special teams and 4-on-4.
thanks, yeah Boyle got little ice time, but it seemed Stafford was on the ice a lot because of the PP

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I just wanna say again I'm disappointed in the introduction. It really was nothing special. I love Dano, but I really don't want to hear him tell me to "rise".

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
If we’re going to have a chance, more Guys need to contribute, offensively and physically. Wake up Palmieri, Zacha and Wood. On defense Vats & Butcher have been solid, while I thought Severson looked good last night. I have a lot less faith in Moore, Greene and LJ. They need to be better.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
If we’re going to have a chance, more Guys need to contribute, offensively and physically. Wake up Palmieri, Zacha and Wood. On defense Vats & Butcher have been solid, while I thought Severson looked good last night. I have a lot less faith in Moore, Greene and LJ. They need to be better.

I agree about the offense. We need to mix up the lines IMO. As much as I like the Zajac line, we need more speed up the middle and Zacha is not playing well enough to justify a roster spot. Move Coleman to 3C.

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Johansson - Zajac - Palmieri
Wood - Coleman - Noesen
Grabner - Boyle - Gibbons

Sit Zacha and Maroon until they want to show more effort.

That's a much faster forward group, and very well balanced.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I agree about the offense. We need to mix up the lines IMO. As much as I like the Zajac line, we need more speed up the middle and Zacha is not playing well enough to justify a roster spot. Move Coleman to 3C.

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Johansson - Zajac - Palmieri
Wood - Coleman - Noesen
Grabner - Boyle - Gibbons

Sit Zacha and Maroon until they want to show more effort.

That's a much faster forward group, and very well balanced.

Maroon should absolutely not be scratched. He provides an element that no one on the team can replace. A massive body that can screen the goalie one second, and effectively switch to playmaker behind the net the next. He's got great hands behind the net and along the boards.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I thought Vatenan had a number of poor plays and turnovers.

Severson was playing irresponsible again. He went for a totally unnecessary hit in the neutral zone and missed which led to the partial breakaway and multiple scoring chances where Cory appeared to get hurt. He could have single handedly cost us the game there. It's amazing how people overlook his glaringly bad decision making.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You think Gary cares about rivalries? He wants his top stars deep in the playoffs and even better if a Canadian team is involved.

Also, listening to NHL network radio this morning. These hacks haven't mentioned the spear once but they have been talking about the Sergachev elbow which didn't even look intentional.
The NHL propaganda machine is not going to bring up He dman doing anything dirty. Pronged Physics and everything.

Reactions: johnny pierogi

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
you all can fall for the ‘I’m fine’ routine again with cory…I’m not. he did not look fine, he hasn’t looked fine in a while, and if he isn’t 100% he shouldn’t start game 4. and if he isn’t fine and he doesn’t start game 4, that sucks, because he just turned in a brodeur-esque performance. but if his nutsack is being held together by gorilla glue and staples (and this racing stripe, which I feel is pretty sharp) he needs to sit for at least a game

Camille the Eel

I thought Vatenan had a number of poor plays and turnovers.

Severson was playing irresponsible again. He went for a totally unnecessary hit in the neutral zone and missed which led to the partial breakaway and multiple scoring chances where Cory appeared to get hurt. He could have single handedly cost us the game there. It's amazing how people overlook his glaringly bad decision making.
Vatanen looked surprising nervous last night. He got rattled by their forecheck. At least once he had the puck alone in our end, and nearly coughed it up one on one when a forward jumped him - I expect a defenseman to confidently handle a forward one on one in that situation - I think it ended with him just throwing it into center ice. His short breakout passes weren't clean on the tape in our end, and on offense he often didn't get his shots through to the net. He can play better.

I very much doubt that Cory's issue after the collision with McDonagh was just cramps or tightness. It looked like a knee maybe and luckily he was able to play through it. I expect they will crash him repeatedly next game, if he's good to go, as I expect he will.

Butcher's goal last night may have saved the playoffs for us. If we don't convert the 5 on 3, my gut tells me we don't win that game. And Maroon was 50% of that goal. The screen plus the beautiful wrist shot. Butcher's signing and development is almost as big a story for this team this year as Nico.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
I’m still amped from last night. The energy at the end of that game was something we haven’t seen since 2012
Replace the Mountain Dew with beer, and this was me last night lol
giphy.gif

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I still can't get the scenes and sounds from last night out of my head.

I am a firm believer that the fans have been helping will this team to victory all season.

The atmosphere was electric for almost the entire game. The only time there was little going on in the crowd was for a minute or so after Tampa scored their second goal of the game. It seemed like the wind was taken out of the building. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->