GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
We've been outplaying Tampa for the last 4 periods. They keep that up and this version of Schneider sticks around and this series could get very interesting.

I feel bad for Kinkaid because we wouldn't be here without him, but Schneider has a higher ceiling, and we'll need every bit of it.

kink is kink....

great locker room guy. but he will never be on the level of a starter.

what cory did tonight after going winless since 17' put kink to shame. in one game.

if you cant see they are on different levels i dunno what to say.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

njdevils19

Jan 11, 2007
Northern NJ
Palms has always been streaky. He'll look lost for 2 weeks then be at the top of his game for 2

But even during his goal streaks this year his game still didn't look good outside of his sniping. He used to be so strong on the ice and a driving force out there. I'm not sure what is going on this year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
But even during his goal streaks this year his game still didn't look good outside of his sniping. He used to be so strong on the ice and a driving force out there. I'm not sure what is going on this year.

He got knocked around a lot this year. Guarantee he isn’t 100% healthy.

Hockey players have a bad habit of playing through shit they shouldn’t.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
kink is kink....

great locker room guy. but he will never be on the level of a starter.

what cory did tonight after going winless since 17' put kink to shame. in one game.

if you cant see they are on different levels i dunno what to say.

Little bit of revisionist history though, Keith had quite a few games like this during his stretch where he beasted it up. Maybe he won't do it consistently going forward but you don't go 16-3-1 with a .925 or whatever save percentage and 2.4 GAA without having some upper-echelon games.

People made a big deal about Cory's wins but he wasn't getting wins cause he wasn't stopping the puck. It's no coincidence that he finally gets a win when he finally allowed less than three goals. Stopping the puck helps you win in general.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Little bit of revisionist history though, Keith had quite a few games like this during his stretch where he beasted it up. Maybe he won't do it consistently going forward but you don't go 16-3-1 with a .925 or whatever save percentage and 2.4 GAA without having some upper-echelon games.

People made a big deal about Cory's wins but he wasn't getting wins cause he wasn't stopping the puck. It's no coincidence that he finally gets a win when he finally allowed less than three goals. Stopping the puck helps you win in general.

yeah i get it.

but if you ask any scout in the league i doubt hey are taking kink over cory. its just a fact.

kink had a hot stretch but the mechanics just pale in comparison. i think this year was more cory being hurt and kink picking up the slack then kink being a better goalie.

not trying to start a debate but corys win tonight looked better than any of kinks wins since he has been a reg.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Well right now Cory has one win and Keith has 0.

He was awesome down the stretch but for now it is Cory’s cage again.

Funny how that goes. I remember a lot of people saying that it was hard to fault Kinkaid on the goals Tampa was scoring. But Tampa had some prime chances tonight and if Cory had let in 5 we probably could have said the same thing.

Sometimes it's about making the saves you shouldn't.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Funny how that goes. I remember a lot of people saying that it was hard to fault Kinkaid on the goals Tampa was scoring. But Tampa had some prime chances tonight and if Cory had let in 5 we probably could have said the same thing.

Sometimes it's about making the saves you shouldn't.

It wasn’t Keith’s fault but we did need a goalie to find another level, and Cory did tonight.

Annoying thing is the typical couple of folks won’t even give him credit for that. Cory is a nice guy. There is no reason for some to hate him this much.

His teammates are obviously genuinely happy for him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have to admit I was actually a little nervous at the reaction Cory was going to get during intros but the crowd was solidly behind him from the open and he earned the support with his game.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
It wasn’t Keith’s fault but we did need a goalie to find another level, and Cory did tonight.

Annoying thing is the typical couple of folks won’t even give him credit for that. Cory is a nice guy. There is no reason for some to hate him this much.

His teammates are obviously genuinely happy for him.

Schneider and Kinkaid both seem like really good guys. I never understood the vitriol directed at either of them. Pro athletes struggle sometimes, it's not because they suddenly don't care or want to play badly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Moore was the worst Devil on the ice though.

Zacha was’t awful, but he is annoyingly invisible for a guy playing a key position. He played so well down the stretch, that is doubly annoying that beginning of the season soft Zacha is back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Schneider and Kinkaid both seem like really good guys. I never understood the vitriol directed at either of them. Pro athletes struggle sometimes, it's not because they suddenly don't care or want to play badly.

It also sounds like both guys solidly had each other’s back all season and so did the rest of the locker room.

Hynes was pretty adamant in the post game that he never lost faith in Cory. Hall’s glowing endorsement meant a lot too

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017

they obviously both want to play.... but when either sits they dont seem to care.

they are all about the team and i hope we have both for years to come. marty really spoiled us. you need two capable guys.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Jim must be Corys #1 fan right now because according to #JimLogic Cory is superior to Kinkaid because Cory has a 100% win percentage this postseason and Kink has a 0% win percentage. :naughty: :sarcasm:

C'mon dude - let it rest and move on... :)

Perfectly scripted for Cory tonight. Kudos on coming back with a big win and some big saves.

Kudos to Hynesie too... pretty ballsy playoff coaching move.

Gotta go back to Cory for game 4, yes? Or do you go Lemaire-style and put Terreri back on the bench :sarcasm:

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is the one big issue with this board.

We take player criticism to another, unnecessary level with the vitriol sometimes.

It is one thing to look at a space junk like DSP or Ryder who were clearing dogging it. These guys aren’t though.

Why Zajac never gets the respect he deserves around here as opposed to the just toxic levels of bilge people have piled on him over the years.

Sal’s last year as well. It wasn’t his fault he got old. Blame Lou for signing him one too many years. Greene too. It is clear his body is starting to give on him, but he is absolutely giving his heart in some of the toughest minutes anyone on this team plays. Just clear he needs help and that is on Shero to go find, not on Greene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->