GDT: The Amazing Schneiderman Returns! ECQF Game 3 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Somewhat and slightly shocked Mueller is out. Thought he had a respectable game, but it is what it is, we deal with the Lovejoy. He owes us at least 2 goals from games 1 and 2 alone, maybe we can push our luck and get a goal from him to makeup for all the other stuff.

Oh well! We got Mojo back, and Schneids (Yay?!)!

Reactions: My3Sons

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
I know coaches are a lot smarter than us. I know they are far more qualified to make lineup decisions than I could ever be.

That being said, I would love for a coach to tell me why LJ continues to be in the lineup. I can't figure it out. Even if you think Mueller isn't an upgrade, how could you possibly consider him a downgrade? Or Santini for that matter? What am I missing? Do coaches get a warm fuzzy feeling when they know a player will be directly responsible for at least one goal against every night? Do coaches prefer that consistency over someone who is inconsistent with the same lows but much higher highs?

Its the age old fallacy of the veteran presence providing an extra boost than the young rookie. Can't speak for other sports but for some reason its absurdly common amongst NHL coaches.

Even with the eye test you can see Lovejoy is a complete mess... cant handle the puck, barely transitions it out of the zone, zero offensive instincts and slow. Thats a recipe for failure against a team as deep and fast as tampa.

With that said, having Moore - Severson paired up again is a bigger mistake... for f***s sake it hasnt worked all year, why would it now.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Mdj1XEp.jpg

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
hopefully he comes through but I don't agree with the decision based on how the team played in front of kinkaid. keith got us here, if cory lets in a couple softies our season is potentially over. don't like the matchup either. tampa plays a very lateral game with a lot of shots from the circles which is not corys strength.

look i loved keith before it was cool, but starting cory is 100% the right move here.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I still expect a madhouse tonight. We need to show the world that going down 2-0 won't kill the vibe, especially considering it's our first playoff game in six years.

Now, game four is another story. It'll be miserable on Wednesday if we lose tonight...

Or, if we steal one tonight and have a chance to send it back down south tied at 2, Wednesday I expect that f***er to shake.

We're not dead yet, despite all the smarter-than-us hockey fans saying we clearly are and we're dumb for even caring/believing. :rolleyes:

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Gotta get a couple of early and fast goals for NJ, get the crowd going as early as possible.

Gonna be a long 5.5 hours till game time.....................................

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hope everyone that has the ability to do so makes it out for the game tonight. We have waited a long 6 years for this.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Imperative to get on the board early, at least 2 would be nice

This digging a hole early on and playing from behind stuff is a killer

Stay out of the box, that's a killer too

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Schneider needs this for the team and himself. To prove to everyone that this was just a rut and he's still a good starting goalie. I expect him to be good tonight, even though he hasn't been for a long time. Just give the team a chance, make that extra save to keep the team in it.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I will say this: I will be beyond impressed with the Lightning if they can replicate their performances in games one and two on the road in a building that is traditionally a house of horrors for them in front of a hostile crowd that has been dying to watch playoff hockey in Newark.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Schneider needs this for the team and himself. To prove to everyone that this was just a rut and he's still a good starting goalie. I expect him to be good tonight, even though he hasn't been for a long time. Just give the team a chance, make that extra save to keep the team in it.

It’ll either get him back some much needed goodwill or it’ll destroy his chances of ever getting it back that much more. As big as the game is from a team standpoint it’s the most important game of Cory’s Devils career.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It’ll either get him back some much needed goodwill or it’ll destroy his chances of ever getting it back that much more. As big as the game is from a team standpoint it’s the most important game of Cory’s Devils career.

It definitely is. Had been poor for a few months, gets his starting job taken from him but now has a shot at redemption on a big stage. I'm confident, maybe just too hopeful, that he'll rise to the occasion.

Reactions: Dialamo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->