Pre-Game Talk: The All Purpose Off Day Thread | Schultz, Murray Practice with Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Lets hope we have the Flyers number this year.

We have played very little so far against the Metro. So having a good divisional record will be crucial for our playoff chances.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
If we can shut down Simmonds and play like we don't care about the rivalry we'll win.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
If Sid continues current arc, plus history against PHI, he's gonna have a four point night.

Reactions: wizmet12

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
What I’d like to see today

With Geno
Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Guentzel-Malkin-Kessel
Hagelin-Sheahan-Rust
Archibald-Rowney-Reaves
Maatta-Letang
Hunwick-Schultz
Dumoulin-Ruhwedel
Murray

Without Geno
Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Guentzel-Kessel
Archibald-Sheahan-Rust
Kuhnhackl-Rowney-Reaves(ugh)
Maatta-Letang
Hunwick-Schultz
Dumoulin-Ruhwedel
Murray

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I can't imagine Geno playing since he hasn't even practiced with the team yet.

I'm hoping for Jarry tonight, but i'm expecting Murray.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Well however encouraging that game against Tampa was we're still out of the playoffs as of right now since NYR won again.

The Pens crapped the bed hard and now it's going to be a dog fight the rest of the way to make the playoffs. None of the teams currently in are going away imo.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Read into this what you will, since morning skates are usually optional ...

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Well however encouraging that game against Tampa was we're still out of the playoffs as of right now since NYR won again.

The Pens crapped the bed hard and now it's going to be a dog fight the rest of the way to make the playoffs. None of the teams currently in are going away imo.

If you look at the point percentage which is the most accurate way to look at the standings since teams have played a different amount of games

Pens have the 10th worst record in the league.

Pens are 6th place in the metro, flyers are the only team below them.

So yeah, they have dug themselves a hole.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If you look at the point percentage which is the most accurate way to look at the standings since teams have played a different amount of games

Pens have the 10th worst record in the league.

Pens are 6th place in the metro, flyers are the only team below them.

So yeah, they have dug themselves a hole.

Indeed. I would say the bright side is we have a lot of home games coming up, but we've already blown 2 of those vs Hawks/Canucks.

We play Philly this week who has lost 7 in a row and then we have a home and home against the Sabres. After that we have 7 of our next 11 games being at home.

This month is kind of a make or break month for us. If we don't make good headway in the standings with all these home games we might very well miss the playoffs.

LiquorLicense

Jan 9, 2017
Kessel's breakaway goal against the Bolts was very 'Sutter-esque' going high blocker side. I don't miss that guy but he could bury a beauty like that just like Phil.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeahhhh, call me when one of the incredibly frustrating forwards gets this performance related treatment.

Kinda hard to do. Ruhwedel can fill in as a bottom four defenseman which is basically Cole's role anyways. Archibald can go in for one of our crappy 4th liners, but it's not like you can reasonably insert him in for Hagelin (for example) and expect it to not be a net loss even with how bad Hags has struggled.

Now if we called up Sprong on the other hand then we could start putting our top 9's feet to the fire.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Indeed. I would say the bright side is we have a lot of home games coming up, but we've already blown 2 of those vs Hawks/Canucks.

We play Philly this week who has lost 7 in a row and then we have a home and home against the Sabres. After that we have 7 of our next 11 games being at home.

This month is kind of a make or break month for us. If we don't make good headway in the standings with all these home games we might very well miss the playoffs.

Yeah, its going to be hard for the pens and every other team in the metro to make the playoffs this year.

I think most people would say CBJ are the best team in the division, Flyers probably the worst, but their isn't a gigantic difference between CBJ and Philly, so much parity right now in the metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->