HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I love our Line Up Follies.

tumblr_mzeyjrFhwJ1s2wio8o1_400.gif

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
why? Desmith could've maybe been a little better on the 2 goals, but he was pretty much lights out against the Devils, and the only player that actually showed up to play.

Reactions: TNT87

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I thought two of the goals DeSmith let in last game were pretty egregious. He's been mostly good since his call-up but I don't think the Pens are that sold on him as NHL material and consequently his leash is very short.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I thought two of the goals DeSmith let in last game were pretty egregious. He's been mostly good since his call-up but I don't think the Pens are that sold on him as NHL material and consequently his leash is very short.

I would tend to agree. I honestly think that he's looked better than Jarry recently, but I'm with you in that the team doesn't seem real high on him.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think DeSmith for sure proved himself to be the guy up here, but that happens. That's life as a fringe NHLer.

Reactions: ncm7772

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Thinking the hockey gods were just toying with us and have a cruel sense of humor. Sid will get his 400th vs his old buddy MAF tomorrow night.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

I hear ya. However when you still put up over a 92% save percentage in a game where you are out shot 38 to 16 you should not be punished for that. I'm just saying personally as a goalie I would not be pleased with that decision.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I mean, they can still have their Kuhnackl. Just like...:

Simon/Jake-Sid-Sprong
Hags-G-Phil/Rust
Simon/Jake-Sheahan-Phil/Rust
Kuhn-Rowney-Dea

Be smart about it. Speed and puck possession kills.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I actually like Kuhnhackl, but having him playing RW in the top 6 is just mind boggling, especially when you have Hagelin on the other wing who is already defensively responsible.

Last edited:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That is 100% not the roster you want against Vegas.

The Pens may be closer to last place in the division than one would think by this time next week if THAT is the lineup Sully uses at home against Vegas and then on the road at Dallas and St Louis.

Rust doesn't fit with Sid. We know that. But, at least one could sort of argue he's a top six forward with Hornqvist and Sheary out.

That said, if you are 2 injuries up front away from Kuhn in the top six, then it's a trifecta of failures . . . failures of coaching (Sully), AHL management (Guerin), and management (JR) of truly epic proportions.

EDIT: Strike that. It was failures of epic proportions LAST GAME. Now, it's also a testament to my argument that the coach with his bench management is doing more to coach them OUT of the playoffs than he is to coach them into the playoffs.

Only the Penguins could have Tom Kuhnhackl and Carl Hagelin in the top 6 but not Phil Kessel.

Carl Hagelin should be surgically attached to Geno's hip right now.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad